• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Artanisix

they dont necessarily have to nerf the farming mid heroes, they could nerf their accessibility to the jungle to heavily weaken their farm power

Artanisix

oh my god i figured out why 6.86 isn't releasing until mid december

the next new hero is kylo ren

theyre actually working with lucas arts to bounce off the massive star wars hype

Quesa

To make jungling heroes good, the first two things I can think of are:

A) make their farm so good that one or two ganks wouldn't set them back too much, which would make pub junglers way too good, or

B) nerf AoE gold again so that ganking a jungler is more of a risk, which I don't think is likely to happen.

Neither of these things would really inhibit farming mids. Nerfing jungle creep bounties would also reduce junglers' effectiveness.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
make the jungling heroes good so that there's less incentive to pick farming mids

yah i wanna see junglers back, i miss jungler lineups, i don't know how icefrog can do it BUT HE FKN BETTER.

i think for mid honestly u just nerf sf/qop/wr a bit and bring up guys like invoker/dk/puck/dp and we're gucci nothin drastic

He kicked Aui? Not saying that makes him bad but it is the only reason I can come up with people viewing him as a villain.

Fact is he didn't, it was the whole team that voted him out, people just want want to find any other excuse to hate him other than his punchable face.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
what kind of a world is this that i need a better reason to dislike someone than the fact that they look like a root vegetable smh

t0rment

RIP junglers and split pushers, we're never going back, dont create expectations just to see them crushed when the patch notes arrive.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
What I read
yeah i didnt want to say anything but... the bias was blatant... no shade anbokr

lycan isnt even a pure jungler anymore and hasn't been for a long time (since 6.75), even if jungling comes back he's horribly slow at it plus u lose the advantages howl provides in lane (and to your other lanes). lycan's got metagame issues that extend far beyond the jungle, but he'll get individual buffs and 6.86 will probably be a whole different ballgame strategy wise (ideally).

by junglers i mean more enigma/chen/enchantress/ursa/axe/TERRORBLADE; tb jungle is legit ownage boys

DrPizza

Banned
i mean basically every other sporting tournament in the world deals with it okay

I saw an explanation the other day of why double elimination is worthwhile, and actually it rings true.

I used to really dislike it. I agree with the core complaint--the team that comes in through the upper bracket only has to lose once, in the final, and they miss out. It feels unfair; every other team gets one chance to fuck up while still being able to take the tournament, but the upper bracket grand finalist doesn't. Giving them an advantage into a best-of-X series addresses the issue on some level, but also runs the risk of having a final with only two games played which is arguably undesirable.

But here's its virtue. The working assumption is that if you want the two strongest teams to meet in the final. If you have perfect seeding (by which I mean, the teams are seeded such that a better seed always beats a worse seed) the single elimination does this; you simply put the 1 and 2 seeds in opposite halves of the draw and they meet in the final.

But seeding is hard to get right. Even if we look at, for example, tennis (which arguably has a lot more data fed into its ranking/seeding), it's pretty rare for the final to be the 1 and 2 seeds meeting. This means that it's possible in SE for the best team to meet (and knock out) the second best team early in the tournament (worst case: in the first round), and your grand final becomes a worse match. If your seeding is really bad, the best team could eliminate the second, third, fourth (etc.) teams in the run up to the final, and end up playing the fifth (ninth, 17th...) best team in the final. That's not good at all.

Double elimination solves that. Even if the top two teams meet early on, the worst case is that the second best team is forced into the other half of the draw, wins its way to the final, and gives you a final of the best team versus the second best team. I think it would be fairer to at least give the upper bracket winner a 1-0 advantage in a BO5; if it goes 2-0 of the actual played games in the final that's unfortunate, but I don't think it's disastrous.

Acinixys

gib pls volvo

78ED17201A08E517937DEABA1085C6E906BA786B

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
she was still picked a million times

i mean.........are you gonna look at her wr and say, oh no let's buff her more!!!

she'll just get picked fourteen million times at the next major instead.

Chris R

That Shanghai arena looks so much better than the Key Arena :(

COME ON SEATTLE get you shit together and build a new arena for doto (and hockey, screw the sonics)

Demoli

yah i wanna see junglers back, i miss jungler lineups, i don't know how icefrog can do it BUT HE FKN BETTER.

i think for mid honestly u just nerf sf/qop/wr a bit and bring up guys like invoker/dk/puck/dp and we're gucci nothin drastic

Jungle/junglers seems like one of the hardest things to balance in Dota honestly and it must be a nightmare. If you make the supposed junglers too good they might turn to be godly laners, like how axe was for a good patch, and if you make the gold numbers too good on the jungle creeps it leads to situations like these where people just stack them for their core of choice to farm it for a huge gold injection.

Glad it ain't my job. Still, middle of December is waaay to fucking long for the patch to come.

I generally hope doom doesn't get nerfed too hard. Like I can see icefrog ruining scorched earth next patch and I can't imagine what else the hero would end up being good at
i'm at a point where i'm considering pc black ops 3 because i can't play overwatch
gross.gif

It's pretty fun though

G.ZZZ

she was still picked a million times

i mean.........are you gonna look at her wr and say, oh no let's buff her more!!!

she'll just get picked fourteen million times at the next major instead.

Or she'll get fade into irrilevancy like Mirana did when she was permapicked and icefraud insisted in buffing her.

shira

That Shanghai arena looks so much better than the Key Arena :(

It's probably going to be half empty again. Roster locks are in
t1449561600z4.png

China typically doesn't support teams that aren't dominant and with only 16 days left unless there are some massive transfers those Chinese teams are going to get rekt on their own homefield.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Or she'll get fade into irrilevancy like Mirana did when she was permapicked and icefraud insisted in buffing her.

orrrrrrrr since she's the most picked hero in the game at the moment and is picked a lot in pro games lets like leave her alone and give some other heroes that ACTUALLY NEED BUFFS some buffs and stop with the waifu obssessions

Top Bottom