• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

just play two BO3s?
blush.gif

it would super suck if the finals were over after 2 games, though

http://blog.dota2.com/2015/11/the-frankfurt-major-champions/

good lord they are going to wait until after the summit arent they

The three options are to go before the Summit and WCA, during that time frame which will likely turn one of the two events into clown town, (especially if there are things that need value tweaks or a b version), or to go after both which puts them in an awkward work near the holidays situation.

xanavi

just play two BO3s?
blush.gif

You mean one BO7? What happens if each team wins one BO3???

My feelings on the format has always been that as long as players find it fair and don't complain then we don't need to change it. What's fair from a spectator perspective isn't important. If EE writes a blog about it and the majority of other teams agree with him then we'll have to make changes.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
it would super suck if the finals were over after 2 games, though

it would also suck if you were the UB winners and you were knocked out of the tournament after one series loss instead of two like every other UB team
horse.gif

You mean one BO7? What happens if each team wins one BO3???

My feelings on the format has always been that as long as players find it fair and don't complain then we don't need to change it. What's fair from a spectator perspective isn't important. If EE writes a blog about it and the majority of other teams agree with him then we'll have to make changes.

i mean........how is EE gonna write about that without seeming like a sore loser?

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Gotta say, that was just a damn good tournament.

Great matches, very few technical issues, everything on time and it even had a freaking underdog victory.

How much more can you ask for?

5 games!? xD

Gosh this was SUCH a great tournament. I was really impressed. Let's see them raise the bar at Shanghai Winter :D

it would also suck if you were the UB winners and you were knocked out of the tournament after one series loss instead of two like every other UB team
horse.gif

It would only suck for 5 people, though, as opposed it sucking for the ~500k viewers (RIP ded gaem) watching the finals.

It's logistically the best system right now, but maybe something can change with the group stages. Or maybe just do no group seeding at all and just play a huge bracket like real men.

Great tourney but I do wish the Chinese teams would have brought it a bit harder.

Hoping they can figure out their issues and be more competitive by the next Major.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
It would only suck for 5 people, though, as opposed it sucking for the ~500k viewers (RIP ded gaem) watching the finals.

It's logistically the best system right now, but maybe something can change with the group stages. Or maybe just do no group seeding at all and just play a huge bracket like real men.

i mean basically every other sporting tournament in the world deals with it okay

xanavi

i mean........how is EE gonna write about that without seeming like a sore loser?

It's up to him to be persuasive.

If his argument is good, and players from other teams agree in their numbers then the fans will side with the players.

Until then I think we should try to not look too hard at the format because it'll actually give you migraines.

(Like, only 7 out of 16 teams get to play double-elim, everyone else is single-elim because...
BrokeBack.png
)

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i wonder if there's a link between there being no advantage to being UB winner in dota 2 tournaments and the fact that EG always gets knocked to LB before winning......
anuxi_rum.gif
anuxi_rum.gif
anuxi_rum.gif

aeolist

Banned
i don't think EE has ever complained about no advantage finals before so if he does now it'll just come across as the worst kind of whine

nobody else in the pro scene seems to care either, it's just the same group of fans bringing it up after every tournament

no way valve will change it either way, it's the best format for viewing

Arol

With the exception of Vega Squadron, the 8 invited teams are in the top 8.

I'm guessing these are the same teams with direct invites to Shanghai now with OG.

Qualifiers should be great for the next major.

i don't think EE has ever complained about no advantage finals before so if he does now it'll just come across as the worst kind of whine

nobody else in the pro scene seems to care either, it's just the same group of fans bringing it up after every tournament

no way valve will change it either way, it's the best format for viewing

Yeah I don't think I've seen players complaining about the format, most fans are happy with it too so I see no reason to change it.

The only alternative I came up with was a BO7 grand finals with the WB team getting a one game advantage, even that could take a very long time though.

aeolist

Banned
also the last time we had this exact same discussion someone looked up the stats and a one game advantage in past BO5 GFs almost never would have made a difference

GG VOLVO, good thing blizzard is putting out a good game to keep me busy in the meantime.

I would be cool with the anime talk if it wasn't about EE level of animes.

tumblr_n8o2x7kVQA1sg0ygjo1_500.gif

Quesa

Get beat by reaper

"I guess I'll play him, see what it's like to lose as him and then build counters based on what pissed me off most"

play most successful match of my short career

aeolist

Banned
Glad that EG didn't win, but Moonmeander is a bucket of shit, so the victory is still tainted.

we need a full heel team that can play the villain at major lans

moonmeander + ritsu + mason

maybe ppd? one other good support player who's a shitty person

Sianos

oh boy, one more month until the last viable carries are nerfed into the dumpster and the reign of the pubtrain is solidified

Satch

Banned
the farming mids are going to have to get absolutely MAULED in the patch for the playmaking heroes to get back in the mid lane again
misc-frog.gif

edit: also the offlane has so much aids in it now, the safelane is a fucking nightmare for carries like faceless void and MORPHLING especially

Mordeccai

Get beat by reaper

"I guess I'll play him, see what it's like to lose as him and then build counters based on what pissed me off most"

play most successful match of my short career

reaper is fun especially when people dont damage you during ur ultimate

I'm understanding the ways of D.va now. Super mobile tanky hero that can blow up? yes pls.

Acinixys

So happy for Fly and n0tail. I think this is their first major win in terms of prize money and just overall prestige. Been rooting for them since their days in Fnatic, they look so happy
happytears.gif

n0tail has been my favourite player since i started watching competitive Dota 4 years ago

So glad to see him on a real team that can actually win (coughfnaticcough)

http://blog.dota2.com/2015/11/the-frankfurt-major-champions/

good lord they are going to wait until after the summit arent they

rofl gg im going to download Overwatch/Paladins/LoL/HoN/HotS/Strife/Gigantic etc

Top Bottom