• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

kvk1

i don't think it's a question of flexibility but emotional maturity

i'm pretty sure he tilts his own team with his abysmal attitude after a particularly bad performance

if i was ppd and every other game i looked over to my mid during draft and he's brooding with his head down tweeting out dumb shit...

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

i'm pretty sure he tilts his own team with his abysmal attitude after a particularly bad performance

if i was ppd and every other game i looked over to my mid during draft and he's brooding with his head down tweeting out dumb shit...

i mean, whenever he's drafted out of his comfort zone, he flops a tad, and for someone like EG that's kind of an issue

i mean do you remember his axe? probably not for the right reasons.

TUSR

Banned
Two days ago I loved Overwatch

I just don't see what would keep me playing that game.

I get the feeling they'll add a system similar to leeg with RP or whatever the points you get from playing the game normally.

And then load it with microtransactions.

Deltoid

Banned
hearing very strong rumors that Universe and Fear are being replaced by Jimmy DeMoN Ho and Tyler TC Cook

a team with TC will never be good

I don't know if you're joking, but Universe and Fear retirements can't be too far away. Will be sad but I'm looking forward to what they go onto after dota.

I get the feeling they'll add a system similar to leeg with RP or whatever the points you get from playing the game normally.

And then load it with microtransactions.

it's not a f2p game, so I wonder how they'd get away with it

I don't doubt that they'd try, I mean they have to

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
why would they have to? they've been bringing constant and pretty major updates to D3 and there's only one paid expansion

TUSR

Banned
There's just no hook to keep playing the game.

Even if there were >10 maps at launch AND more characters, the game has no lasting appeal.

TUSR

Banned
No idea Kade, that's Blizzard to figure out.

Our 12 person GAF stack was fun as hell, but getting that many people together isn't feasible.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
i could totally see myself playing overwatch like dota/cs in the future if it was f2p with cosmetic microtransactions, but at $40 and blizz hinting towards microtransactions/dlc...yeah i'm only buying that if it goes on sale <$20 AND it's been out for a few months so i know they aren't trying to charge for every new hero or map on top of that

also can we talk about the hontrash domination of dota?
-2/3 best captains in dota in fly/ppd (and best washed up captain s4)
-best offlaner and dota player in the world in moonmeander
-most versatile player from 5 to 1 to 2 bigdaddyn0tail
-icefrog himself shamelessly copying from hon for the last few years, pushing a more fast-paced kill oriented metagame and lifting some changes directly
-pillowknight/anbokr ihl3 grand finals both hontrash

the best players are hontrash, the creator is hontrash, and the captains are hontrash i mean the debate is over boys, the war is won. i highly suggest downloading hon and playing a few games in order to attempt to pass yourself off as hontrash and maybe improve at dota simultaneously +rep+skill u kno what i mean

DrPizza

Banned

This is a team with ppd and rtz. It's already got about 9000 times the recommended daily salt quota. To pin bad attitudes and tilt on Sumail alone seems silly.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
tfw u text a friend to see how they are and their response is to launch into an impromptu round of cock or ball

Quesa

I can confirm the rumors that I am replacing two bear as the lead POPGAF shitposter of this thread

good luck to him at EG with fear as "coach"

gai_shain

i could totally see myself playing overwatch like dota/cs in the future if it was f2p with cosmetic microtransactions, but at $40 and blizz hinting towards microtransactions/dlc...yeah i'm only buying that if it goes on sale <$20 AND it's been out for a few months so i know they aren't trying to charge for every new hero or map on top of that

also can we talk about the hontrash domination of dota?
-2/3 best captains in dota in fly/ppd
-best offlaner and dota player in the world in moonmeander
-most versatile player from 5 to 1 to 2 bigdaddyn0tail
-icefrog himself shamelessly copying from hon for the last few years, pushing a more fast-paced kill oriented metagame and lifting some changes directly
-pillowknight/anbokr ihl3 grand finals both hontrash

the best players are hontrash, the creator is hontrash, and the captains are hontrash i mean the debate is over boys, the war is won. i highly suggest downloading hon and playing a few games in order to attempt to pass yourself off as hontrash and maybe improve at dota simultaneously +rep+skill u kno what i mean

jugg-2mask.gif

This is a team with ppd and rtz. It's already got about 9000 times the recommended daily salt quota. To pin bad attitudes and tilt on Sumail alone seems silly.
But if you decide that your team is too cancerous you don't kick all the cancer players, you kick the one that stands out or is most easily replaceable. Whether that's Sumail only players on EG can say.

kvk1

I disagree. Peter and Artour probably have the experience and maturity to keep the emotions to post-series at this point. Sumail still seems to struggle with that.

Also I don't think anyone in EG is egregiously toxic. People like to equate professional player behavior in pubs and on Twitter as a 1:1 to how they must be with their team. That's just crap.

Said all that, this is still armchair psychoanalysis from behind my keyboard. So, what the fuck do I know.

kvk1

Okay, let me rephrase; what makes you think that?

His general disposition during drafts after a bad game. Most of the LANs which provide podcams or something similar you see the entire team talking about the draft except for Sumail. He's either head in hand, or he's on his phone. In several instances during TI after a bad game, there were several clips Fear trying to get his attention about something and he wouldn't reply. Fear just scoffed it off. My thinking is that this silence and brooding bleeds into the actual game after the draft.

That's a 16 year old in the core position of a major team, with a lot of money on the line taking a bad performance like it's the end of the world, as you would at that age, naturally. But if there are talks of transfers on the line, and Sumail is said to be in the crosshairs, I can definitely see that being a personal fault that might cause a captain or manager to question other choices.

Noting, again, these are just educated guesses from personal observations. Obviously I don't know any of these people personally, and I don't have access to their in-team comms.

Artanisix

they've already said on beta forums numorous times that the beta is only literally the base game

they haven't added in any matchmaking or reward system or anything other than the gameplay yet

Top Bottom