• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I bet they start hyping the patch on the 11th, and release it the 14th. 16th at latest. There is only a small period between Summit 4 and WCA, and waiting for WCA to finish would put it at the 21st. Unless 6.86 and the Holiday patch are two separate things.

Hylian7

I bet they start hyping the patch on the 11th, and release it the 14th. 16th at latest. There is only a small period between Summit 4 and WCA, and waiting for WCA to finish would put it at the 21st. Unless 6.86 and the Holiday patch are two separate things.

What is "hyping the patch"? They never do that other than say it's coming soon, it's more like we get in the extreme patch thirst phase, playerbase drops off a bit, then comes back when new patch drops.

I think they'll try and bundle the patches together, which might end up making the whole update skew later, like Dec 20 or later. If it's just the balance patch then maybe it comes out in the 'teens.

Edit: He means the initial announcement and update description page which is usually a few days before the actual update...

What is "hyping the patch"? They never do that other than say it's coming soon, it's more like we get in the extreme patch thirst phase, playerbase drops off a bit, then comes back when new patch drops.

Announcing the patch and the patch's contents before actually dropping it into the game.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
There has to be some kind of big event for them to plan it after exams and during winter break

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
rofl not switching just some of my friends on nadota were playing it. I got lag issues with that game tho my ping never really stays below 200 for some reason with huge packet loss. At least that game has region lock tho.

if you have any questions ask away. my moba time is split pretty equally between dota and league

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i know it's not really his thing but i'd like some kind of QA or interview with icefrog to find out what he's trying to do with the game, how he feels about it, etc.

Are Pitlord and Zet expected to come out together? If not then a new hero tied into the final hero port would be cool.

An unfinished version of pitlords model has been in the game files for a while now and zets code has been has been in the files for even longer than that so it could happen.

BHK3

Banned
What's the point of still waiting for Zet and Pitlord aside from them ruining pubs? Not like we're ever gonna see them in pro games until like a year after their out, maybe more.

Hylian7

What's the point of still waiting for Zet and Pitlord aside from them ruining pubs? Not like we're ever gonna see them in pro games until like a year after their out, maybe more.

Timbersaw was added to CM about 3 months after he was added to Dota 2. He was created back in 2011 in Dota 1, and that was during the earlier Dota 2 beta. He was released in Dota 2 in December 2012 and added to CM in March 2013.

I think it's totally reasonable we could see Pit Lord in CM pretty quickly, but Arc Warden will take some Earth Spirit-levels of balancing to make him CM-ready.

Speaking of ES, why the hell isn't he in CM yet?

Hylian7

he's boring as fuck, I'm betting they'll rework the hero before releasing it (at least his first 3 spells)

Yeah, probably something like Centaur when he got into Dota. Gets some crazy rework and is horribly unbalanced for a week, then nerfed to be slightly more in line.

I still have flashbacks from that first week Centaur was added. It was a contest of whoever could pick Centaur first, and you won the game, no questions asked.

Elitro

Magnus and Ursa buffs for next patch, else don't bother IF PLEASE!
OSfrog.png

Ursa will probably get a small buff, I'd say either MS/base stats/stats gain, and some cooldown reduction
I wouldn't hope much for magnus, he seems fine to me

Demoli

I've said it ever since monkey king rumour, 2016's Chinese new year because it's monkey year

Pretty sure new PL is monkey king according 6.80 secret boss.

I still cant believe 2 heroes a year is the current pace, I'd expect at least three or four, hope the frog has been making more hero concepts cause he hasnt designed anything new sine Oracle and ES in 78

kionedrik

But not even Sumail could make Magnus look good
misc-frog.gif

Maybe if he played the hero and not some AM-bodyguard-aka-bitch version of the hero they would have stood a chance.

Magnus is pretty good as he is right now. The only thing I'd change would be lower Skewer cd by 5s.

BHK3

Banned
Timbersaw was added to CM about 3 months after he was added to Dota 2. He was created back in 2011 in Dota 1, and that was during the earlier Dota 2 beta. He was released in Dota 2 in December 2012 and added to CM in March 2013.

I think it's totally reasonable we could see Pit Lord in CM pretty quickly, but Arc Warden will take some Earth Spirit-levels of balancing to make him CM-ready.

Speaking of ES, why the hell isn't he in CM yet?

What does Timber have to do with this? Lets talk about some heros that WEREN'T released during the golden age.

Legion took 9 months, Terrorblade took 8 months(2nd earilest hero from dota 1 right? So obviously seniority means jack shit), Phoenix took 11 months, Oracle isn't in yet after a year and ES isn't either after 2. The only outlier here is Ember, at 4 months, in a random middle of the week patch.

Auteezy

Banned
tfw u shoot up 300 mmr in consecutive games but then someone instapicks invoker
cBj1LTf.png

i need to do this. I gained like 150 back of the 550 i lost but then i lost it all again in consecutive games. Like being down 15-2 in 10 minutes it makes 0 fucking sense. Then the next game 2 of the retards who fed on my team are on the other team but they have a duo queue of 5.8k player and 5.6k player who are 5.3/4.9 party and my teams duo queue is 3.9k solo and 5.3k waht the fuck is that bulllshit

i've lost all will to play games that aren't for fun stacks or customs

Top Bottom