• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

aeolist

Banned
PVP FPS with metagame grinding/reward systems and/or gameplay microtransactions are bullshit anyway

just give me all of the game and if it's good enough i will play it forever, so will millions of other people if CS is anything to go by

Satch

Banned
i am a TA messiah AMA

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=110724361&postcount=17364

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=185877659&postcount=12549

am i gonna get REAL ANSWERS this time you fuq
sad.gif

Kade

PVP FPS with metagame grinding/reward systems and/or gameplay microtransactions are bullshit anyway

just give me all of the game and if it's good enough i will play it forever, so will millions of other people if CS is anything to go by

Yeah, I played TF2 for almost 1000 hours and that game is as "pure" or barebones as it gets, at least for the years that I really played. I don't have access to my old Steam account but I bet I put even more hours into CS.

Artanisix

not that that isn't a legitimate complaint about overwatch tho. but personally i don't need any external motivation to play a game, i.e. dota2 i play not to unlock rewards or get high mmr or anything, i just play because it's fun. Same for overwatch for me, the lasting appeal is that i can turn it on and mash out a few games stress free no strings attached

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Somone is even transitioning to LoL. People cannot wait for mid December.

7JsLIkK.png

I can understand quitting Dota 2 cause this gaem's ded as shit, but to go to League? That's some shameful business.

Auteezy

Banned
I can understand quitting Dota 2 cause this gaem's ded as shit, but to go to League? That's some shameful business.

rofl not switching just some of my friends on nadota were playing it. I got lag issues with that game tho my ping never really stays below 200 for some reason with huge packet loss. At least that game has region lock tho.

DrPizza

Banned
I disagree. Peter and Artour probably have the experience and maturity to keep the emotions to post-series at this point. Sumail still seems to struggle with that.

Also I don't think anyone in EG is egregiously toxic. People like to equate professional player behavior in pubs and on Twitter as a 1:1 to how they must be with their team. That's just crap.

Said all that, this is still armchair psychoanalysis from behind my keyboard. So, what the fuck do I know.

I think their pub play is a reflection of their natural personalities. That's their default position: obnoxious tools. I struggle to believe that they entirely eliminate that from their professional play.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
times are tough

im gonna start making items for angry birds

Time to get in on the ground floor of paid Fallout mods, my man. You've got couriers you can use as Dogmeat reskins I'm sure.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
i could totally see myself playing overwatch like dota/cs in the future if it was f2p with cosmetic microtransactions, but at $40 and blizz hinting towards microtransactions/dlc...yeah i'm only buying that if it goes on sale <$20 AND it's been out for a few months so i know they aren't trying to charge for every new hero or map on top of that

also can we talk about the hontrash domination of dota?
-2/3 best captains in dota in fly/ppd (and best washed up captain s4)
-best offlaner and dota player in the world in moonmeander
-most versatile player from 5 to 1 to 2 bigdaddyn0tail
-icefrog himself shamelessly copying from hon for the last few years, pushing a more fast-paced kill oriented metagame and lifting some changes directly
-pillowknight/anbokr ihl3 grand finals both hontrash

the best players are hontrash, the creator is hontrash, and the captains are hontrash i mean the debate is over boys, the war is won. i highly suggest downloading hon and playing a few games in order to attempt to pass yourself off as hontrash and maybe improve at dota simultaneously +rep+skill u kno what i mean

Game is as dead as HoN nowadays so it makes sense Hontrash would dominate.

Low Tier
sf in a 1v1 situation is completely different from how you play sf in pubs

I mean mechanically its the same thing, but playing a good sf ingame is much more than just slightly edging out the opponent in ur last hitting prowess and just winning the game off snowballing.

granted knowing how to lane well as sf is beneficial towards playing the hero, but 1v1 alone does not make a good sf player

it makes a good sf 1v1 player though

Top Bottom