• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Is Riki even a thing in low MMR games? I think he's useless past 3k and auto-loss in 4k. I feel like he's barely better than 39% winrate Alch (before he got buffed). I don't think I've seen a Riki win one of my pubs in months. One of the most obvious free win heroes in the game at the moment.

he's def garbage, LD tier

4k should make it

I once played against a Riki/Pudge lane as the carry laning with a silencer support who bought dust instead of sentries. When I asked later why, he said he did it because the pudge that was with the riki would've just dewarded. So I guess if you lane with riki, bring sentries and that mind game will auto-win the lane and the game for you.

rEEKi is definitely a pubstomping menace at 0 mmr.

he's also lots of fun to play when the enemy team picked 5 carries because you know they ain't gonna buy support shyt

but he's also slow and weak and farms about as well as twobear attempting to carry.... permanent invisibility needs to minibash.

if you want to pubstomp with an invis hero in 2-3k, pick clinkz.

You think people are bad at dealing with invis itself, try orbs. People freak the fuck out when you auto attack them and they try to trade and suddenly the entire creep wave is on their dick. Both at once? rofl.

I think the winrate at the upper MMR brackets is a little misleading as riki's pick rate gradually drops at higher mmrs.

At my mmr bracket, I notice that a lot of people like to man fight Riki under the cloud, not realizing the cloud also imparts a huge miss chance.

kionedrik

I think the winrate at the upper MMR brackets is a little misleading as riki's pick rate gradually drops at higher mmrs.

At my mmr bracket, I notice that a lot of people like to man fight Riki under the cloud, not realizing the cloud also imparts a huge miss chance.

Until very recently I didn't notice that Balanar's Silence also gave you miss chance...
In that game I finally noticed it, I remember going crazy trying to find what item was causing it...

Low Tier
riki's pretty good, even in 5k-6k games. A lot of people just look at dust and sentries and declare the hero awful, but his presence in the game is huge if played correctly.

Also, how exactly does one win with Lifestealer? I had 600+ GPM, 5 min Midas and all that jazz and didn't feel particularly powerful despite being top net worth until before the ancient exploded.
Obviously, the enem team had pretty much 5 good heroes against me but honestly, I never lose 600 gpm games on non-trash-tier carries in 3k MMR games. 4 out of 5 enemy players ain't on my level and unless the opposing +4k player has equally good farm (which wasn't quite the case, but I suppose Jugg owns LS even with less farm), I just ball out of control. I would've won that game with any other carry regardless of my team throwing. Just frustrating to random two utter ass carrys back to back (LS and Mirana).

Quesa

Winrate is pretty constant as long as one stays below 5k, which is where most of us are. Plus, above 5k, most heroes have drastically different winrates. So Riki is pretty much like any other hero.

I said that he falls off, not that it's by a drastic margin. My point was to offer evidence against Imp's claim that the hero was autoloss above a certain mmr threshold.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Guys, should I get Xenoblade Chronicles X, or Dragon Quest Heroes?

XCX.

Nintendo games never drop and price and its a guaranteed flop so you're gonna pay 100 bucks in about 2 years.

You can get DQH for like 10 bucks in a Steam sale next year.

M.D

Also, how exactly does one win with Lifestealer? I had 600+ GPM, 5 min Midas and all that jazz and didn't feel particularly powerful despite being top net worth until before the ancient exploded.
Obviously, the enem team had pretty much 5 good heroes against me but honestly, I never lose 600 gpm games on non-trash-tier carries in 3k MMR games. 4 out of 5 enemy players ain't on my level and unless the opposing +4k player has equally good farm (which wasn't quite the case, but I suppose Jugg owns LS even with less farm), I just ball out of control. I would've won that game with any other carry regardless of my team throwing. Just frustrating to random two utter ass carrys back to back (LS and Mirana).

literally couldn't pick a worse hero against that team rofl

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
learn other heroes right now

i only have a weekish left and then packing up things for my move to texas. won't be playing again till feb :(

np is pretty fun but his voice was pretty jarring.

DrPizza

Banned

You wait for a new patch, and then play against a team that's magic heavy, high HP, but has no silences.

Wok

I said that he falls off, not that it's by a drastic margin. My point was to offer evidence against Imp's claim that the hero was autoloss above a certain mmr threshold.

Do not take it personally. Of course, what you said is technically true. My point was that he falls off as much as lots of heroes, it is not huge, it is 1%, and the hero is still autowin with his 53% winrate at the highest MMR bracket.

trying to learn np but the hero is so fragile

One amazing thing that I only learnt recently is that you can use his ult globally. I used to click near my hero, but I can precisely target an area by clicking wherever I want on the map even if my hero is not there. Sometimes, I would teleport just to use my ult optimally...

the problem when I random ls is that everyone expects you to jungle but I HATE jungling with his slow and weak ass and if I choose to lane laning SUCKS because literally every game in garbage tier is 2-1-2 and managing creeps is tough

last time I was successful I just did stats (drums/sny) and basher and went off, but that's probably because the other team was bad

is there consensus on bf vs. mael>mjollnir on melees? I won a farming void game a few days ago with mael but idk, I felt like farming would have been even nicer with bf

I laned him and we wrecked them. Made no difference. I don't jungle in 6.85 - it's so game-losing. Granted, I did random Enigma yesterday or Saturday and jungled him but if I can lane it properly (my Eidolon micro skills don't suffice), I will.

the problem when I random ls is that everyone expects you to jungle but I HATE jungling with his slow and weak ass and if I choose to lane laning SUCKS because literally every game in garbage tier is 2-1-2 and managing creeps is tough

last time I was successful I just did stats (drums/sny) and basher and went off, but that's probably because the other team was bad

is there consensus on bf vs. mael>mjollnir on melees? I won a farming void game a few days ago with mael but idk, I felt like farming would have been even nicer with bf

Void is not winnable with, don't bother. If you won a game with Void, you would've won it with any other carry as well.

Top Bottom