• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Wok

last time I was successful I just did stats (drums/sny) and basher and went off, but that's probably because the other team was bad

Ring of Basilius > Power Treads > Aquila > Yasha > Drums > S&Y > one big item > BKB is a game-winning build on plenty of heroes.

Drums + S&Y is perfect for this mid-game-oriented meta.

TUSR

Banned
M8Ja1zT.png

to this day I still don't get pugnas "rushing" aghs, the item does almost nothing, better get utility items like force, greaves, drum, necronomicon so that you can actually do something

His aghs is pretty fucking ass except some very rare cases

M.D

wish I knew about hon or dota back then, but i had no clue about those games
I knew about a group in school that loved warcraft 3 and they probably knew about dota as well, but i didn't care for it at the time

I think I heard of hon at some point but never bothered checking it, the only online games I played prior to dota 2 were cs 1.5/1.6, conquer online and some neat game I can't remember the name of now.. pretty neat game that reminds me of worms in terms of gameplay and had cool arty style

Void is not winnable with, don't bother. If you won a game with Void, you would've won it with any other carry as well.

girl at my tier you can win a game with fleagion commander, it's that low

the mana cost nerfs to chrono were too much. I get that he's one of the "anti-fun" brigade with silencer and necro etc but it's just too much!

buff weaver 2k15

decrepify and ghost scepter

Obviously. Still hurt. Why is there a hero in the game you can't possibly win with rofl.

girl at my tier you can win a game with fleagion commander, it's that low
Legion ain't so bad anymore. She was OP in 6.81 and pretty bad after that but she's fine now. Either mid (with bottle) or off lane with Soul Ring works pretty well for me. Base damage buffs (she did receive one, didn't she?) are often a pretty big deal because they make laning deceptively easier so don't sleep on her.

the mana cost nerfs to chrono were too much. I get that he's one of the "anti-fun" brigade with silencer and necro etc but it's just too much!

I'm like 60% winrate with 5 KDA on over hundreds of games on that hero and he is so hard to win with at the moment. I suppose cheesy combos with Skywrath or Witch Doctor might still work but he does way too little on his own for a huge amount of time. When Eul's had its original range, you basically had to get BKB every game or else you were cycloned every single time you threw your ult. I enjoy playing him but I wouldn't pick him unless I random him.

just play magic damage void ie maelstrom/mjollnir and shit, hope you get several kills with bounces, for single target he fucking blows since you'll never kill more than one hero during chrono anyway

as for pugna vs naix, eh, just rage the ult off and attack a target that's not decrep'd, he's definitely not the best hero against him

Low Tier
i mean void is one of the best setup heroes in the game, as well as one of the better late game scaling heroes

Yea he has his weaknesses, but he's not useless

its just that in a world of long range disables he finds himself very weak if he doesnt land perfect chronos.

you see 3-4-5 man vacuum in every pro game so I don't see how chronos couldn't be big either
Of course cooldowns are different and shit but you get my point

edit : I feel if chrono disabled passives it would be pretty nice. lots of passives fuck him up so..
maybe with aghs, would be a bit broken otherwise

I'm well aware of his strengths. When I play him these days, I feel the urge to go BKB every single game in which case I have insufficient damage to deal in my Chrono and then the enemy team takes rax before I come online. Obviously, if the game goes long enough, odds are in your favour but why not pick a carry who actually handles the current meta well? Pressure in the mid game is pretty high these days.

Low Tier
im not discrediting the argument that void is an unpopular and weaker hero atm, but i dont think it fair to deem him worthless or replaceable. The thing is vacuum is faster than chrono if i remember correctly, and also works to clump them together, whereas chronosphere can also be detrimental to your team if placed incorrectly. Also DS does a ton of dmg with wall/ionshell, and surge is a fantastic utility spell.

Also their core position is different, as offlane void seems wasteful and useless compared to dark seer if were painting this comparison.

And yea bkb void seems rly mandatory now. Also solar crest is a great anti-void item that also probably lead to him losing value as a hero

he just attacks so. damn. slow. and farms so slowly without a major item and you barely have enough mana for a jump>chrono until later in the game, and lol if you get MoM

backtrack is still cunty though :)))))

M.D

he just attacks so. damn. slow. and farms so slowly without a major item and you barely have enough mana for a jump>chrono until later in the game, and lol if you get MoM

backtrack is still cunty though :)))))

I remember someone here suggesting void needs an attack speed bonus in chrono when he got the movement speed buffs and possibly couple of others, but then he became super popular

love that hero

I mean I get that he's a minor buff or two away from becoming a pro meta cancer where he's in every game and makes things boring as hell but like.... come on

even if a hero has been overnerfed, it shouldn't feel like it when you play him.

I get the same feeling from bat and now techies tbh

They had no other mid hero. I played her mid yesterday and it's not that bad. Damage is a bit lousy but animation is good.

edit: Just checked the replay. I was 30/18 by 5 mins, she was 4/2 rofl.

harSon

Banned
I just made a Mirana rq by denying her 30 creeps in mid with OD :(

Well that's a pretty one sided match up. You've got a significant damage advantage, a comparable attack animation and a spell that can disrupt what little hope she has of last hitting. It's not like she can bully OD out of lane with her laughable starting base damage Lol.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

this is how i found gaf no joke

o hongaf how i miss thee, truly a shining light amongst the darkness that has become gaf, at least her beauty is forever preserved, a repository of infinite joy and knowledge fossilized for ages to come RIP in peppicini's my old dear friend
tears.gif

Hylian7

Somehow our entire team's games all crashed, and none of the other team's did.....what the fuck. Worst of all the game didn't become safe to leave, I gave up first blood because of it.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
all this talk about elitism and I just wanted to point out that I just met a player with sub 1.5kmmr but 5k matches in dota

Top Bottom