• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Red UFO

For what it's worth I don't 100% believe what I posted up there, but man is it gonna take a special lady to get me to commit again.

Edit: new page tehehehe

Low Tier
dota talk tho antimage owns

blink.gif

i will experiment in ranked and post my results and findings

Auteezy

Banned
AM SUCKS YOUR TEAM FEEDS even when you have 12min bfury and you just lose. All heroes suck because your team always feeds. Dota is a shit game.

Reckoner

AM SUCKS YOUR TEAM FEEDS even when you have 12min bfury and you just lose. All heroes suck because your team always feeds. Dota is a shit game.

I had a game today where my teammates refused to get together and finish the game. Our fed Slark just farmed the jungle at 50 minutes to buy a rapier. And when we were getting our ass kicked, he came in with his rapier like god almighty and died in seconds.

It was extremely
facepalm.gif

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/39187950

Actionslack's advice just won me a game....I was top lane with axe and a windrunner who were bickering about farm/constantly dying while I was underleveled. Halfway through midgame , I pulled up the scoreboard and saw that TA had 5 kills and 2 deaths. Made the decision to be his personal healbot while ignoring the bickering WR/Axe and we just tore through the other team. Games like this..<3 omniknight..

To be fair, Dota is a team game.

But when your team is shite all the time then yeah, I guess it reduces to being a shite game.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
brought an account from 800 mmr to 1500. my musings as a low 3k player

• pudge, pa, alch and huskar are in the majority of matches I've played. the pudges are always awful. always.
  • game starts to normalize around 1200. no more skullbasher/battlefury medusa or wex/exort invokers
  • people are very greedy with their starting items. tangoes are 50/50 and salves are rarely bought. lots of bottle rushes on the mid
  • i bought courier majority of the time regardlesss of position and usually upgraded it. otherwise a 15 minute walking courier was a reality
  • everyone loads into the game slow as fuck and most players are mechanically imprecise. I'm assuming some players are playing off a trackpad on lowest settings.
  • agh rush on any hero who has it. almost always
  • wards are nonexistent. if they're ever bought they're almost always at the cliffs or river runes. regardless of the stage of the game
  • people are locked into their skill/item builds. even if storm spirit has died 5 times in lane he will still buy a bloodstone. at 30 minutes if need be.
  • americanos tend to be the most toxic and emotionally immature.
  • a huge wall holding people back is their attitude. they can't handle constructive criticism, they latch onto irrelevant reasons as to why they lost lane/game. they lack efficiency, practice and general desire for more knowledge. they believe they'll improve just off spamming games with a good intent. they don't understand at all how to build a skillset.
  • mids are expected to gank as soon as a lane starts to go sour. i saw a zeus at level 5 (one wave away from 6) without boots walk down to bottom lane, blow his mana, get nothing out of it and walk back.
  • bloodseekers are super suicidal for some reason. no other hero tends to throw themselves into unfavorable situations as much as bloodseeker pickers.
  • teams will occasionally standoff mid for several minutes throwing random spells at each other. this could happen anytime the t1's are up.
  • players have no gameplans or timing for their items. stuff happens and they react until one team is strong enough to take towers. players throw spells at whoever. blademail carriers always get attacked and bkbs are usually sought as a 5th or 6th item, if at all.
  • players like to fight more than they do anything else except for a small percentage of players that will run away from anything claiming they are being "smart and safe."
  • most impactful heroes tend to be mid or strong early game heroes (nightstalker, tusk, spirit breaker, etc.). playing a carry could be a good idea but now you have to last hit vs the other carry in your game as well as the other two. supports will fume if their carry starts to miss last hits and start to take them instead.
  • players are generally super selfish and most of the 10 heroes are trying to carry 1v9. lots of rage over stolen courier, level 1 bounty runes, etc.

Auteezy

Banned

• pudge, pa, alch and huskar are in the majority of matches I've played. the pudges are always awful. always.
  • game starts to normalize around 1200. no more skullbasher/battlefury medusa or wex/exort invokers
  • people are very greedy with their starting items. tangoes are 50/50 and salves are rarely bought. lots of bottle rushes on the mid
  • i bought courier majority of the time regardlesss of position and usually upgraded it. otherwise a 15 minute walking courier was a reality
  • everyone loads into the game slow as fuck and most players are mechanically imprecise. I'm assuming some players are playing off a trackpad on lowest settings.
  • wards are nonexistent. if they're ever bought they're almost always at the cliffs or river runes. regardless of the stage of the game
  • people are locked into their skill/item builds. even if storm spirit has died 5 times in lane he will still buy a bloodstone. at 30 minutes if need be.
  • a huge wall holding people back is their attitude. they can't handle constructive criticism, they latch onto irrelevant reasons as to why they lost lane/game. they lack efficiency, practice and general desire for more knowledge. they believe they'll improve just off spamming games with a good intent. they don't understand at all how to build a skillset.
  • mids are expected to gank as soon as a lane starts to go sour. i saw a zeus at level 5 (one wave away from 6) without boots walk down to bottom lane, blow his mana, get nothing out of it and walk back.
  • bloodseekers are super suicidal for some reason. no other hero tends to throw themselves into unfavorable situations as much as bloodseeker pickers.
  • teams will occasionally standoff mid for several minutes throwing random spells at each other. this could happen anytime the t1's are up.
  • players have no gameplans or timing for their items. stuff happens and they react until one team is strong enough to take towers. players throw spells at whoever. blademail carriers always get attacked and bkbs are usually sought as a 5th or 6th item, if at all.
  • players like to fight more than they do anything else except for a small percentage of players that will run away from anything claiming they are being "smart and safe."
  • most impactful heroes tend to be mid or strong early game heroes (nightstalker, tusk, spirit breaker, etc.). playing a carry could be a good idea but now you have to last hit vs the other carry in your game as well as the other two. supports will fume if their carry starts to miss last hits and start to take them instead.
  • players are generally super selfish and most of the 10 heroes are trying to carry 1v9. lots of rage over stolen courier, level 1 bounty runes, etc.

i play wexort invoker and ive never lost

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
so how is everyone
I've had one of the shittiest days of my life yesterday

involved essentially being dumped and also being hospitalized

but I'm at home now
rippers
I finished another undertale LP and gonna watch some more of another one
Work went well today, I wasn't called in last weekend, and the looming death project seems like it's going okay forward?

Hylian7

Where the GPMs like on cores?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
can someone explain to me how OG won frankfurt? I was too busy writhing in pain from a lower back injury
Moon brought the trench to EG
8 0 0 0 M M R

Everyone showed the fuck up, basically I dont even understand anything

oh yeah cr1t is also so fucking good actually, jesus

I dont remember what fly did since it was like 6am without sleep but shit

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
radiant team left me to my own devices for 20 minutes to farm aq, treads, skadi (no stacked camps, felt like good timing) and then blamed the venge for not "doing enough" to stop me. elder titan stomp is too good to setup medusa ult.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1956179412

edit @ hylian, dunno. never played carry

His ultimate is absolute garbage the way it scales. If anything he should be the one with silencer's int steal on kill/assist

His orb is extra strong yeah but he does absolute jack against magic immunity, which is an issue for a core

His ultimate is absolute garbage the way it scales. If anything he should be the one with silencer's int steal on kill/assist

His orb is extra strong yeah but he does absolute jack against magic immunity, which is an issue for a core
Imagine if his orb will do aoe damage or split damage.

Do you guys think ember is op? iirc he didnt gain any buff just nerf after nerf.
One thing for sure is he's an absolutely fun hero to use.

Top Bottom