• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

So you feel their reluctance to expand with corporate money is secondary to...fear of success (or failure, more specifically)?

I don't follow your point. They are operating in the same business: the eSports business. Whether they can put together events that are as big as or bigger than EVO or CEO (or outright sponsor them to the degree that they have to hold them in stadiums rather than hotel ballrooms) aren't even especially germane to the discussion Sig and I were having.

I'm saying that none of the major players involved have much interest in investing, or atleast none did until very recently. It's easy to mistake the heavily-stimulated growth for LoL/DOTA/CSGO and assume it's the same as what the FGC have managed to do, because Capcom/Arcsys/NRS/Namco have contributed next to nothing compared to what Valve and Riot do for their professional scenes. Nintendo even tried to shut down the Smash tournament at EVO, much less provide a pot bonus or any promotion. Imagine where LoL would be without Riot subsidizing the whole thing, or where DOTA would be without TI, or where CS would be without the Majors. It's not like the FGC has been going around turning down offers, they're just realistic about who has the actual initiative.

When we talk LoL or DOTA we're talking about first-party esports, not independent organizations trying to build around a game community. Compare it to something like MLG, which generally produces bad events and has done nothing but survive through VC money for 7 years. By that standard the FGC has achieved an unbelievable amount, and all of it will continue to exist even if people stop believing esports is the next NFL.

Low Tier
yea i have no idea what that even means just gimme something of ur choice

as long as its not that nisekoi garbage

Low Tier
What's the point of a waifu if it's meta ugh

image.php

shira

im about to smuggle some slaves in E:D wish me luck friends.

I rofl in real life, kade is the worst

I had to transport some slaves to Lawson Orbital and was told there was a spaceport there I had to dock at but when I got there (after figuring out you can do some hyperdrive shit and crashing into a planet or something) it was just an empty part of the map so I jettisoned the slaves and lost them in space and it seems Lawson Orbital spaceport isn't even a thing. Someone is going to have to explain this game to me.

Sianos

"kade from neogaf", i'll stop being rude when they stop using doom and their assortment of other bkb piercing ultimates on me over and over again

you can take my ability to play the game from me, but you will never take away my sass

Kade

"kade from neogaf", i'll stop being rude when they stop using doom and their assortment of other bkb piercing ultimates on me over and over again

you can take my ability to play the game from me, but you will never take away my sass

LOL I wanted everyone to stop being rude. I was randomly spectating my friend's game and noticed some familiar usernames on the enemy team. It's funny that they actually said something.

Sianos

LOL I wanted everyone to stop being rude. I was randomly spectating my friend's game and noticed some familiar usernames on the enemy team. It's funny that they actually said something.

they could mute my hero but they couldn't mute my spirit!!

honestly though i can't remember if they said something to provoke me, these last games have blurred together into a mess mentally

Auteezy

Banned
Did anything change between dota 2 to reborn that affects brewlings?

I haven't played him since reborn and now all of a sudden I don't automatically revert to brew himself when the ult ends. I'm still selecting a non-existent earth panda and I have to manually select him again, which makes instant blink-away impossible.

it's a bug, it messed up S4 at the major as well bulldog complained about if after 1 of their games when they picked s4 brew.

shira

It doesn't just need a few, it needs $265k still. I think they are sunk.

The OT makes it sound like all these indie devs are shadow funding it IE having Undertale and Shovel Knight characters in it.
I mean that's cool as fuck, and really Dota-esque but why the song and dance???

Feels like république where there is just too much funding and industry insiders for it to fail, should be interesting in the final 24h

Hylian7

Fucking Reborn, I just want to record one thing that's a few seconds long in a replay, every time I skip to a random point in the replay it just crashes because fuck you. It's happened four times in a row.

Top Bottom