• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
clairvoyance said on the Starladder stream that the update will have another map change. Supposedly adding more neutral camps and giving dire offlane a pull camp.

more neutral camps? that will definitely fix the 1 mid + 4 playstyle.

I think the game needs a ban phase (give each player a ban pick) for ranked all pick. Much like how a portion of the community will always toxic because of how the gain is inherently structured, there will never be a patch where every hero is perfectly balanced. There's always going to be a handful of heroes that are played way too much that the community will bitch about. Just give the players the ability to potentially ban them and you'll probably get more mileage out of each patch.

this patch proves that people don't want "mileage", they just want changes as frequently as possible

I mean people are now whining about white drow and alchemist and a slew of other eminently counter-able heroes

Riot figured this out a long time ago: keep giving the plebes shiny new stuff to obfuscate the black hole of shit that is this genre of video game -- the difference between Riot and Valve is that Riot actually regularly provides new content

back to VG
clock-eyebrow.gif

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
this patch proves that people don't want "mileage", they just want changes as frequently as possible

I mean people are now whining about white drow and alchemist and a slew of other eminently counter-able heroes

Riot figured this out a long time ago: keep giving the plebes shiny new stuff to obfuscate the black hole of shit that is this genre of video game -- the difference between Riot and Valve is that Riot actually regularly provides new content

yep

we've come full circle: people have whined about split push meta, deathball meta, 5-man push meta, 4 protect 1 meta, AoE teamfight meta, and now even the glorious ultimate promised land kill/gank meta. I think the #1 complaint in the 6.86 wishlist thread was basically "i kinda miss split push. i kinda miss farming. i kinda miss x. nerf kills blabla." Just a bunch of people listing off past patches and strategies. People just want change. There is no promise land strategy that everyone will love for all time and that's why we need new patches every few months that just throws a wrench in the game, not just tweaks/"balances" it.

DrPizza

Banned
So like, why not farm up the Earthshaker (10K net work) and let him turn into a critshaker so that they have more chance of blowing up the Viper?

Russ T

Banned
honestly i just want kunkka to be viable again ):

(also my favorite type of dota is the dota where mid is roamy and ganky, back when i could mid as tiny and be super effective - although that could just also be because i have forgotten how to mid tiny, to be fair)

((also also man i don't know shit about the current meta so i probably shouldn't say shit!))

W1SSY

Not surprised to see Black^ is out of Fnatic. Dude needs to give up on playing on Asian teams and just find a Euro team.

honestly i just want kunkka to be viable again ):

(also my favorite type of dota is the dota where mid is roamy and ganky, back when i could mid as tiny and be super effective - although that could just also be because i have forgotten how to mid tiny, to be fair)

((also also man i don't know shit about the current meta so i probably shouldn't say shit!))

I am so, so, so shit at mid (as well as the game in general) but it was thrust upon me after I randomed Allahder Titan and it was loads of fun shitting on SF when he would try to out-dps and outrun me and then getting runes/ganking lanes. Levels do so much on that disgusting and clearly OP hero

Bring back mid ET tbh

Hylian7

In my experience Ursa, WR, AA, Huskar, Juggernaut, Clinkz, Troll, BH, Riki, and Nyx are all good against him. Basically you want heroes with high attack speed that just burst through his regen and poor armor or invis heroes that can just waltz in the jungle and kill him for free.

He's also been on the out in competitive because most team comps can deal with him by just killing him mid as you say you guys have done, BUT then the key is to leverage his poor midlane start into towers and map control, and take away his jungle. Then he's basically worthless. Also that radiance/octarine/manta split push build that is still very popular in pubs and leaves him vulnerable throughout the game, he'll be an annoying split pusher but he'll be slightly worse off from a raw carry perspective imo. That's why I prefer just straight up carry builds like the ones OG pulls sometimes, but that's just me.

Also lol @ alliance, it really says something when they are constantly kicking their best performing players. They've gone through what...mynuts, pajkatt, fckingmad, niqua, and EGM? Am I missing anyone else. Like a solid 4/5 of those guys were the best performing players on that team during their tenure, when are they going to get the memo. Or I guess they are just holding out hope that icefrog makes split push #1 again in 6.86.

Thanks, this is good to know.

Questions with Ember itemization- What's the thought process with buying a blink dagger for him? When should I get it before BF and when should I just bypass it completely?

I don't really see the point in buying Blink. You can't use it during SoF, and you have remnants. It just seems like a waste of space. You have SoF to set up Searing Chains.

yep

we've come full circle: people have whined about split push meta, deathball meta, 5-man push meta, 4 protect 1 meta, AoE teamfight meta, and now even the glorious ultimate promised land kill/gank meta. I think the #1 complaint in the 6.86 wishlist thread was basically "i kinda miss split push. i kinda miss farming. i kinda miss x. nerf kills blabla." Just a bunch of people listing off past patches and strategies. People just want change. There is no promise land strategy that everyone will love for all time and that's why we need new patches every few months that just throws a wrench in the game, not just tweaks/"balances" it.

Yeah, exactly. I still say that 6.84 and 6.85 were my favorite patches, but I'm just tired of them right now. The reason I'm tired of them is just because it's been too much of the same/similar stale thing for too long. People figured it out, and now you see the same small pool of heroes almost every game, just like every single patch before it. I have different things I like and dislike about patches, but 6.84 and 6.85 had probably one of my favorite metas for the most part.

Hylian7

Why buy blink on Tusk, you can just snowball in.

Blink is never a wasted item.

Tusk is played as a support initiatior, Ember is a mid/carry. It's a wasted slot and money when you could be buying damage items, BKB, or something else if you need it. There's no reason to buy blink on that hero.

Tusk is played as a support initiatior, Ember is a mid/carry. It's a wasted slot and money when you could be buying damage items, BKB, or something else if you need it. There's no reason to buy blink on that hero.

Have you even seen how good blink can be on ember.

Top Bottom