• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

W1SSY

o rly

missed that somehow

e. wait commentators have been calling him envy i think

They have been saying it is EE in game but in the draft they said it was Illidan so I don't know who it is. With how poorly they are playing it could be anyone.

DrPizza

Banned
They have been saying it is EE in game but in the draft they said it was Illidan so I don't know who it is. With how poorly they are playing it could be anyone.

KotLGuy said that someone told him later it was Envy. He wasn't sure initially, as he's not playing with his proper tags (which should be an instant DQ IMO).

G.ZZZ

The change i want the most next patch? Decrease fucking mana costs on supports ultimates. They have little way to farm , at least don't make them empty their mana pools on cast. Skywrath and Crystal Maiden are the two biggest offenders in my mind, especially for lvl2-3 ultis.

Wish that will never be granted

1 sec channeling for sk, 2 is too much for a while now with all the blinks and shit

the ult isn't even that strong to be so severely handicapped

Auteezy

Banned
Tusk is played as a support initiatior, Ember is a mid/carry. It's a wasted slot and money when you could be buying damage items, BKB, or something else if you need it. There's no reason to buy blink on that hero.

you have finally given me and a teenage girl something in common. We both can't even...

6.86 wish pit lord and zet released please ice fraud i want my pit

Can't wait to get one of them at New Bloom.
anuxi_rum.gif

kionedrik

No, I haven't actually.

So... with blink you can:
- Get away when silenced
- Dodge ganks
- Initiate yourself (blink- chains-SoF and remnant back if not safe)
- Farm faster
- Pursue and run away better and more reliably

need I go on?

Blink is THE item in the game right now. Period. There's no contest.

Do you have the same doubts regarding blink PL?

Auteezy

Banned
- Get away when silenced
- Dodge ganks
- Farm faster

need I go on?

Yeah blink PL is somewhat less useful because the cooldown on his dopplewalk is so low, and you have a decent ranged slow and the charge to gap close as well. PL also basically always buys a diffusal which helps you deal with the instant silences, as well as a lot of PLs building a manta as well.

kionedrik

Yeah blink PL is somewhat less useful because the cooldown on his dopplewalk is so low, and you have a decent ranged slow and the charge to gap close as well. PL also basically always buys a diffusal which helps you deal with the instant silences, as well as a lot of PLs building a manta as well.

Considering the standard build is 4-4-1 till late levels, it pays off to blink on top of someone, lance and take advantage of the low lv 1 rush range, otherwise you'll almost be forced to burn a diffusal charge.
It also has the standard positioning and disengaging advantage.

Hylian7

Honestly, it still seems highly situational based on those videos, and really his other items did all the work. The blink really didn't do much for him. I remember one particular play where the Ember was about to go for the Aegis steal when the other team was doing Rosh, and he threw a Remnant in there, and then blinked in there shortly after. He didn't use that Remnant for anything else of significance, he did the exact same thing with the blink. In some situations, sure, I can see it being useful. However I really don't think it's that great.

- Get away when silenced
- Dodge ganks
- Farm faster

need I go on?

If you're silenced your blink is probably already cancelled by damage, and you're dead anyway. BKB and Linkens solve that problem better.

Remnants and SoF dodge ganks too.

You can still initiate with SoF and chains without Blink. The range on SoF is decent and you can catch people on the edge of it.

If by farm faster, you mean go from camp to camp, sure, but at the same time you're putting 2250g in the hole when you could have finished your Daedalus faster.

Pursue and run away more reliably, I can give you that one, however there are a lot of caveats to that. If you get damaged, your blink isn't reliable to run away anymore. #1 rule of Ember Spirit is to always leave a backup remnant. If there are silences, you get a BKB.

Blink PL sounds infinitely worse, especially since he usually has Diffusal, Manta, or both.

Auteezy

Banned
Considering the standard build is 4-4-1 till late levels, it pays off to blink on top of someone, lance and take advantage of the low lv 1 rush range, otherwise you'll almost be forced to burn a diffusal charge.
It also has the standard positioning and disengaging advantage.

I gotta disagree here. Ember can afford to use 2k gold on an item taht gives no states because you arent going to be directly engaging with him it's a lot of poking before your commit even in big fights. PL needs those stats, a PL in a fight with a sange or yasha is 100x more scary than with a blink, especially if you are already using 2k gold on bots which gives no stats.

PL and Ember are probably in my top 5 best heroes

Ember doesn't really need daedalus. The beauty of the hero is that he is really open to a lot of things after AND before battlefury.

C'mon Hylian, you are going down that "x hero should get this or it is trash" slope again. Considering how many people get it on Ember, it is telling how useful it is.

Hylian7

Ember doesn't really need daedalus. The beauty of the hero is that he is really open to a lot of things after AND before battlefury.

C'mon Hylian, you are going down that "x hero should get this or it is trash" slope again. Considering how many people get it on Ember, it is telling how useful it is.

Since when does he not need Daedalus? That item is core on that hero, that's how he actually does damage combined with Battle Fury.

Mordeccai

God I'm so happy nightstalker got that hp regeneration buff. He is a God in the offlane.

If you get that sub 20 minutes aghs and roam you just destroy. Once I built it we just started the roam and gank train with Skywrath and pudge.

Lol @ enemy team picking ember and AM into sky and NS. Poor fools never stood a chance with all the silence.

I never know what to build after aghs tho. Basher is alright for the HP and manfight potential. Octarine is fun for the almost permanent night time but I feel doesn't really do enough on NS plus it's cost is huge.

Kard8p3

ok since so many of u nerds play csgo gimme soem sick tips 2 becum a GAWD

thanks.

ps tusr i still want my anime avatar

God I'm so happy nightstalker got that hp regeneration buff. He is a God in the offlane.

If you get that sub 20 minutes aghs and roam you just destroy. Once I built it we just started the roam and gank train with Skywrath and pudge.

Lol @ enemy team picking ember and AM into sky and NS. Poor fools never stood a chance with all the silence.

I never know what to build after aghs tho. Basher is alright for the HP and manfight potential. Octarine is fun for the almost permanent night time but I feel doesn't really do enough on NS plus it's cost is huge.

gem is good w/ aghs NS, no? gotta deprive them of all their vision.

Maybe halberd depending on who they have. Solar Crest? idk, lots of good items.

kionedrik

I gotta disagree here. Ember can afford to use 2k gold on an item taht gives no states because you arent going to be directly engaging with him it's a lot of poking before your commit even in big fights. PL needs those stats, a PL in a fight with a sange or yasha is 100x more scary than with a blink, especially if you are already using 2k gold on bots which gives no stats.

PL and Ember are probably in my top 5 best heroes

Obviously you don't want to get it as a 1st item. Maybe 3rd or 4th after diffusal, Manta/SnY and Skadi/HoT.

It gives you a way to hop into the fight without expending doppelganger which can be life saving shortly after.

Low Tier
im sure a completely lost game is a good counterpoint to a game where winning 4v5 was partially crux on a build that is being debated in the thread

but who am i to argue dota with someone who doesnt even play dota b/c they lost 30 games in a row

Auteezy

Banned
Obviously you don't want to get it as a 1st item. Maybe 3rd or 4th after diffusal, Manta/SnY and Skadi/HoT.

It gives you a way to hop into the fight without expending doppelganger which can be life saving shortly after.

generally your charge is what jumps you into a fight, you already have a mechanic for that may as well use it. Doppling into a fight also gives you illusions to make more illusions and cause pl chaos.

im sure a completely lost game is a good counterpoint to a game where winning 4v5 was partially crux on a build that is being debated in the thread

but who am i to argue dota with someone who doesnt even play dota b/c they lost 30 games in a row

I also wouldn't argue against somebody I'm 0-2 against in rmm.

1 good game with a build doesn't mean the build is good or viable, but blink definitely owns on ember and hylians 4k is showing.

Battle Fury and BoTs I agree with, Rapier seems like playing with fire (no pun intended) depending on the situation. I'd say putting Rapier as "core" on any hero is a huge gamble.
How are you going to compete vs harder carries late game? Ember stat gains are near the shitter, you won't be killing that many people with just a daedalus late game.

With sof, remmants he's like one of the safest rapier carries imo.

Hylian7

How are you going to compete vs harder carries late game? Ember stat gains are near the shitter, you won't be killing that many people with just a daedalus late game.

With sof, remmants he's like one of the safest rapier carries imo.

Battle Fury and Daedalus and you wait for the enemy team to be clumped up? If you have to you throw an MKB on top of that, maybe Skadi, Deso, AC. Rapier should be a later item. If you die once, game's over, you already lost. Do you really want to gamble the entire game on buying one item that could lose you the game?

Auteezy

Banned
Battle Fury and Daedalus and you wait for the enemy team to be clumped up? If you have to you throw an MKB on top of that, maybe Skadi, Deso, AC. Rapier should be a later item. If you die once, game's over, you already lost. Do you really want to gamble the entire game on buying one item that could lose you the game?

that's the fun of a rapier

Top Bottom