• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Auteezy

Banned
thats cuz ur fUCKIN TRASH hylian

2OwgM6t.gif

Auteezy

Banned
When anime avatar purges are suggested, does that include avatars from anime videogames as well such as huniepop, and skullgirls?

Mordeccai

what happens if a person who does not watch anime dons an anime avatar?

do they draw the wrath of anime?

like, when I was young sometimes Yu Yu Hakusho or how ever you spell it would come on adult swim in the middle of the night when my TV was on and I'd watch 15 minutes of it in a half awake state. Also one about a wolf-demon guy thing with a huge sword that met some waifu who fell into a well. It was good viewing for those times you wake up out of a dead sleep, confused as hell, to just watch and wonder wtf was happening then go back to sleep.

TUSR

Banned
Also one about a wolf-demon guy thing with a huge sword that met some waifu who fell into a well. It was good viewing for those times you wake up out of a dead sleep, confused as hell, to just watch and wonder wtf was happening then go back to sleep.

inuyasha

Auteezy

Banned
what happens if a person who does not watch anime dons an anime avatar?

do they draw the wrath of anime?

like, when I was young sometimes Yu Yu Hakusho or how ever you spell it would come on adult swim in the middle of the night when my TV was on and I'd watch 15 minutes of it in a half awake state. Also one about a wolf-demon guy thing with a huge sword that met some waifu who fell into a well. It was good viewing for those times you wake up out of a dead sleep, confused as hell, to just watch and wonder wtf was happening then go back to sleep.

I don't watch anime and have anime avatar. I am prepared to sacrifice myself for the greater good while i drown in the pu$$ay of 1000 virgins after leaving my posting hovel.

Sianos

best hero right now is the glorious venomancer

absolutely disgusting levels of harass? check
kills the enemy carry every time they show their face in lane with +1? check
ability to push and defend at a reasonable level? check
opportunities for inconsequential micro? check
easy press r for massive damage? check

there's something really cathartic about doing to the dota community what it has done to me

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member

there's something really cathartic about doing to the dota community what it has done to me

Yeah and what do you do when you feed the enemy trilane 5 Times before 20 minutes and the supports are outleveling you.

Auteezy

Banned

Admitting you enjoy playing venomancer? Please see a psychiatrist.

Also, Post your favourite hero and I will use my supreme 5k mmr abilities to psycho-analyze (skills I have honed by analyzing my rmm teammates tirelessly) you when I wake up. Or don't but I'm sure it's better than reading what else i have in store on my way to the top shitlist posting thing.

Auteezy

Banned
I'm dead serious, man. He's Fuck You: The Hero.

Okay. You the kind of guy that Dooms their most farmed right click hero with life steal who just auto attacks thru ur doom then you ask you team "how did we lose the fight, it's 5v4 I doomed the 2k hp Gyro" while abaddon keeps him alive in the back. Then at score screen you see your decent GPM, decent KDA because you only show on the map with doom off cd and think "if only my team was better".

Okay. You the kind of guy that Dooms their most farmed right click hero with life steal who just auto attacks thru ur doom then you ask you team "how did we lose the fight, it's 5v4 I doomed the 2k hp Gyro" while abaddon keeps him alive in the back. Then at score screen you see your decent GPM, decent KDA because you only show on the map with doom off cd and think "if only my team was better".
Most of that is incorrect. You're not good at this.

Artanisix

Alchemist is completely fucking broken. We ganked him 3 times early on, prevented him from getting bounty runes, and it didn't fucking matter. All it did was put him 3 minutes behind. Hero is a free win as long as who's playing it knows what they are doing (yes, I know I've lost my last few Alch games, I also played him safelane and that was my biggest mistake). I don't understand how Icefrog let this shit through, literally unbeatable.

pick ursa

never worry about alch again

Hylian7

inuyasha

yasha

sange and yasha....

between this and lina also being an anime character from what I understand, I feel like my understanding of dota has grown

Jugg's Omnislash is a reference to Cloud's Omnislash from FF7
Ursa's Fury Swipes is a reference to the move from Pokemon
Doom's Lvl ? Death is a reference to the Blue Mage spell Lvl 5 Death from Final Fantasy
Terrorblade was technically Anti-Mage's brother in Dota 1 because TB used the corrupt Illidan model and Anti-Mage used the pre-corruption one. AM used to have lines referencing TB being his brother in Dota 2, but they were removed and now they are not considered brothers.
Phantom Lancer was based on Kimahri Ronso from Final Fantasy X-2

latest

Dota has a ton of cool references.

Sianos

Yeah and what do you do when you feed the enemy trilane 5 Times before 20 minutes and the supports are outleveling you.

softly cry, lament that their team used more spells than you did

Admitting you enjoy playing venomancer? Please see a psychiatrist.

Also, Post your favourite hero and I will use my supreme 5k mmr abilities to psycho-analyze (skills I have honed by analyzing my rmm teammates tirelessly) you when I wake up. Or don't but I'm sure it's better than reading what else i have in store on my way to the top shitlist posting thing.

my most favorite hero of all time is phantom lancer

what does that say about me

DrPizza

Banned
pick ursa

never worry about alch again

I had a game a few weeks ago where I used an Ursa on our team who abandoned at about level 7 (no items, 0341) to blow up the enemy Alchemist who'd been farming solidly (albeit hilariously inefficiently) for like 35 minutes, even though he had his ult up.

DrPizza

Banned
Jugg's Omnislash is a reference to Cloud's Omnislash from FF7
Ursa's Fury Swipes is a reference to the move from Pokemon
Doom's Lvl ? Death is a reference to the Blue Mage spell Lvl 5 Death from Final Fantasy
Terrorblade was technically Anti-Mage's brother in Dota 1 because TB used the corrupt Illidan model and Anti-Mage used the pre-corruption one. AM used to have lines referencing TB being his brother in Dota 2, but they were removed and now they are not considered brothers.
Phantom Lancer was based on Kimahri Ronso from Final Fantasy X-2

latest

Dota has a ton of cool references.
Dota 2's references (Skywrath's Chicken dance, various bot names) are better, since they're to Arrested Development, and not animu trash.

yarden24

idk but his dad ran like a martial arts gym in toronto since the 80's according to wikipedia

even so wouldn't israel still have pretty bad ping to lux?

I get like 70-90 ping to lux, my isp isnt amazing either.

Alchemist is completely fucking broken. We ganked him 3 times early on, prevented him from getting bounty runes, and it didn't fucking matter. All it did was put him 3 minutes behind. Hero is a free win as long as who's playing it knows what they are doing (yes, I know I've lost my last few Alch games, I also played him safelane and that was my biggest mistake). I don't understand how Icefrog let this shit through, literally unbeatable.

alch is beatable for sure, we even won against him in the IHL when we played against jambis team.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
WTF happened to Shira and Haly? Lack of updates making you people stir crazy, just play something else until the patch guys, jesus.

inuyasha

yasha

sange and yasha....

between this and lina also being an anime character from what I understand, I feel like my understanding of dota has grown

As Sigismundo mentioned Sange and Yasha is actually from PSO. The term Yasha actually refers to Buddhist demonic warriors or something, so even PSO wasn't necessarily referring to Inuyasha. The fact that Sange means something like Buddhist penitence further confirms that.

I finished Life Is Strange tonight. It falters towards the end, and definitely has its rough and uneven sections, but I still thoroughly enjoyed playing it. It tries to do interesting things with story telling in games, and its implementation of time-travel powers is remarkably well-designed. The characters are charmingly written, and even the villains display a humanity that makes them sympathetic at times.

Also did I mention it's probably the best High School Hipster Waif Photographer Chick with Time Travel Powers simulator you can buy?

Hylian7

I think it's interesting they removed any references to "goblins" in Dota 2. Goblin isn't really a thing copyrighted by Blizzard, but I guess Valve shyed away from it because they wanted to do their own thing, or just wanted to be extra careful not to infringe copyright.

Goblin's Greed -> Greevil's Greed
Goblin Techies -> Techies
Goblin Shredder -> Timbersaw (I like Timbersaw much better. It sounds better since just calling him "Shredder" makes him sound like the villain from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)

Procarbine

Forever Platinum

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1973802105

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Alchemist? That hero is pretty trash in general right now, but I'm not exactly seeing how he beats Spectre. The regen from his ulti outdoes Radiance? That's all I got.

just pick spectre
LCnCRPK.gif

facepalm-913cbcf47d5a02c5adf2a5168174359fd5b2cf43b981a03dc108bfbf0cc9b85d.gif

Hylian7

Okay, so Ursa's good against him, but is the implication here that if you didn't pick one hero in the entire game, you lost? That's what it feels like playing against Alchemist. He picks last and you don't see it coming, and you didn't have Ursa? You lost. Your team already has 3 cores and you see an Alchemist on the other team, and you have to gamble between screwing your team comp to counter Alchemist, or just picking a support like you should.

I'm looking more for a strategy that can just beat him in general. Ursa is great against him, but that's just one hero and you might not be able to pick it for a number of possible reasons. Ganking him, while helpful, at the same time feels futile just because all it really does is put him like 1 minute behind. Now he has a 15 minute Radiance instead of a 12 minute Radiance. Yay.

Do you just ignore him and deal with everyone else, and push like crazy? Do you try to outfarm him?

Hylian, I've completely forgotten what MMR you're at but Radiance Alchemist is not the dangerous one. Blink/-Armour most certainly is.

See OG vs Secret Game 4 if you want to know how to beat him (so, yes, pushing like crazy works)

Auteezy

Banned
my most favorite hero of all time is phantom lancer

what does that say about me

you suffer from dissociative identity disorder

Okay, so Ursa's good against him, but is the implication here that if you didn't pick one hero in the entire game, you lost? That's what it feels like playing against Alchemist. He picks last and you don't see it coming, and you didn't have Ursa? You lost. Your team already has 3 cores and you see an Alchemist on the other team, and you have to gamble between screwing your team comp to counter Alchemist, or just picking a support like you should.

I'm looking more for a strategy that can just beat him in general. Ursa is great against him, but that's just one hero and you might not be able to pick it for a number of possible reasons. Ganking him, while helpful, at the same time feels futile just because all it really does is put him like 1 minute behind. Now he has a 15 minute Radiance instead of a 12 minute Radiance. Yay.

Do you just ignore him and deal with everyone else, and push like crazy? Do you try to outfarm him?

think of all the times you lost an alchemist, and then just do that to their alchemist

Top Bottom