• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Hey guys, I'm a new player coming from League and I'm having trouble playing in mid against Alchemist.

I've done a bit of research and the solution to the problem seems to be "get your support to gank him". This is all fine and dandy however in a lot of my games no one picks support and I'm often forced to buy wards and courier as the mid laner. Is there anything else I can do?

For reference I'm playing mostly Templar Assassin and Wind Ranger (trying to pick up Ember Spirit) and I have about 85 games played over all.

Auteezy

Banned
In the words of the great electric_celery

Oh cmon, you know that I'm providing entertainment for hundreds of people right now. This thread has 18 thousand views in not even a day? Think of how many thousands less it would have it I were not here. Everybody is a sucker to "drama" (including me)

Hey guys, I'm a new player coming from League and I'm having trouble playing in mid against Alchemist.

I've done a bit of research and the solution to the problem seems to be "get your support to gank him". This is all fine and dandy however in a lot of my games no one picks support and I'm often forced to buy wards and courier as the mid laner. Is there anything else I can do?

For reference I'm playing mostly Templar Assassin and Wind Ranger (trying to pick up Ember Spirit) and I have about 85 games played over all.

pick alchemist yourself. TA is actually pretty good against alch as you can blow him up with your physical damage. Bursting him is the easiest way to deal with his regen. If you know he's jungling get a teammate to come with you and run around his jungle looking for him. With TA the best thing you can do is have traps at the camps in his jungle so you know exactly where he is farming when he is in the jungle.

wait for 6.86 zzz

I hate mid

ksan

this w33ha sf is TEMEKA tier, fitting considering they lost against finns yday

whats the problem?
that you lose the lane? that you lose later on?

Auteezy

Banned
also if you are a new player don't get too concerned on kills. Always be farming. Farm inbetween kills. If you are TA and you are going to gank their jungle but dont find the hero, farm the camps. TA doesn't need kills to snowball, they help but farming jungle and ancient stacks is just as important. Whether or not you get your deso+blink from kills or creeps doesn't matter, just get those items, trap up the jungle and go hunting for alch, if you don't find him kill his camps. If you do kill him then his camps. Taking map control is important, once you have deso do rosh, find a pick then take theri t1's down. Taking down towers makes it harder for the other team to tp counter gank and save the alch. And if they are protecting him that just gives you space to farm even though you may not be getting kills.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

ursa, WR, and shadowfiend all do pretty well against alch mid

t0rment

honestly with less than 100 hours played you know nothing about dota and probably neither does your opponents. if you're playing against him mid just try not to die and get your cs and if he gets out of the lane to jungle just go push towers to get some map control.

bounchfx

i think i need to take a break from dota until 6.86
got so many other games to play plus right now it's eatin up too much time
sorry dotes
ill be back

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the best thing about being a minority is when straight white males tell u what u should and shouldn't be offended by

Auteezy

Banned
the best thing about being a minority is when straight white males tell u what u should and shouldn't be offended by

I'm pretty sure the entire notion of white privilege actually insults white people as individuals and marginalizes individual accomplishments and goals, then if they are a male, you are basically being insulted and marginalized 4 times. But that's just my opinion based on my limited understanding of this shit.

Now if you want to know why I'm racist and sexist, feel free to ask me and I can give my reasons into how society shaped me this way.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'm pretty sure the entire notion of white privilege actually insults white people as individuals and marginalizes individual accomplishments and goals, then if they are a male, you are basically being insulted and marginalized 4 times. But that's just my opinion based on my limited understanding of this shit.

Now if you want to know why I'm racist and sexist, feel free to ask me and I can give my reasons into how society shaped me this way.

when did i mention white privilege??? i only said it's great being told by straight (white) people what is and isn't offensive to gays (and blacks etc.).

reported for racism and sexism

Twookie

is there anything that doesnt get talked about in the dota 2 OT everyday

edit: my sick ass norwegian-english is showing cba editing honestly

Low Tier
eqr3uBA.png

yea im the BEST thx yawar for the free points

Auteezy

Banned
No we need to talk about this every day in tHE DOTA 2 NEOGAF THREAD

Yeah dude story time.

So I had a few female roommates, and one was this mexican girl. Very pretty, was a model and a former miss teen mexico or something pretty well-off financially too, but not very smart. I had these tortillas and they had expired like a week earlier so I threw them in the garbage, the kind of can where the lid closes and stuff. So I come back home after a day of classes and I notice a half package of tortillas on the kitchen counter so I check the garbage and the tortillas I threw away weren't in there. She actually pulled out tortillas from the garbage can, so I asked her why the tortillas I threw away were on the COUNTER!! and she said "they are still good all you have to do is heat them up". I mean that isn't even the point, the point is that they were in the fucking garbage and now they are on the counter where people prepare food. GARBAGE TORTILLAS WTF!!!

Pratfall

nah

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Being bullied into killing yourself and just being generally offended by random shit some dude says on twitter who you will never know and will never know you are 2 different things.

yeah but they have a common cause don't they, which is that nobody thinks that being homophobic is bad

Top Bottom