• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

G.ZZZ

4k scum can type?!?!!?! I thought u still lacked opposable thumbs.

Also i don't understand why you would care about gays1?!?! ? Well if they're also white i can understand, i mean, just look at tobear.

Auteezy

Banned
yeah but they have a common cause don't they, which is that nobody thinks that being homophobic is bad

who knows man. I'm an equal opportunity hater. The most offensive thing to me about gay males is that when they dance with my gf I know they aren't trying to get with her and that's cool, but still seeing her rub her ass on another dude, even though hes gay he still has a dick is like my primal instinct kicks in. So I guess in summation you can say, I'm jealous the gays get to dance with the hot girls.

im ok with fangay.

then again I'm not weak-willed, or even really gay.

lbr tho the entire "community" has been shit forever, the phobia and weird nerd hypermasculinity is both concerning and adorable.

edit: my sick ass norwegian-english is showing cba editing honestly

ha det

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
who knows man. I'm an equal opportunity hater. The most offensive thing to me about gay males is that when they dance with my gf I know they aren't trying to get with her and that's cool, but still seeing her rub her ass on another dude, even though hes gay he still has a dick is like my primal instinct kicks in. So I guess in summation you can say, I'm jealous the gays get to dance with the hot girls.

well i'm jealous of the fact that you get to grow up without all of the insecurities and depressive thoughts associated with being a gay, so i guess we're even

G.ZZZ

Isn't it amazing that now you can be aware of the existence of people you never thought you existed before the intereet? Just look at all those below average IQ people typing on their keyobards thinking they'er eactuualy smart and depleting my faith in uhumanyit each day more.

I still love you all gusy who am i to judge.

ksan

the best thing about being a minority is when straight white males tell u what u should and shouldn't be offended by

nearly as good as importing american discourse to europe and disregarding our own awesome history of racism towards different types of white people

though i understand what you mean

kionedrik

Isn't it amazing that now you can be aware of the existence of people you never thought you existed before the intereet? Just look at all those below average IQ people typing on their keyobards thinking they'er eactuualy smart and depleting my faith in uhumanyit each day more.

I still love you all gusy who am i to judge.

Only in death we are really equal, true happiness and equality for all in non-existence!

wtf mate.

It's friday night and you should be getting drunk not writing philosophy

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
nearly as good as importing american discourse to europe and disregarding our own awesome history of racism towards different type of white people

though i understand what you mean

well yeah that's why it's always a hoot when europeans in ot claim that america is bad at race relations

Auteezy

Banned
well yeah that's why it's always a hoot when europeans in ot claim that america is bad at race relations

I find most people just use race or gender to make up for their own shortcomings because they cannot internally rationalize their own failures based on their choices, decisions, and what kind of person they are.

like if your a shitty person who lives a shitty life, its not cuz your "X" race, it's because you are a shitty person.

Madouu

Man I thought I escaped my 70 year old neighbor drunk rants when I moved 5000 kilometers away but it seems that I was sorely mistaken.

G.ZZZ

you should go visit her and cook her a nice meal and then lay pipe

She always told me that she allwoed no man in her house and she always went to the guy's house.

Sounds like the beginning of a slasher flick?!?

EDIT: she just asked me to go over there i'm gonna get slashed i know.

Auteezy

Banned
how in the world is that what I said?

idk dude don't I have to force things into my narrative to tie everything together? Isn't that how this stuff works.

She always told me that she allwoed no man in her house and she always went to the guy's house.

Sounds like the beginning of a slasher flick?!?

according to reddit she is probably cheating on her husband with you and doesn't want you to find out.

Auteezy

Banned
yeah but according to reddit envy is a good carry so uh

and according to conventional wisdom, no dota player is actually good and they are all shit because that 1 time they made a mistake.

its way easier to argue against skill in dota than it is to argue for it.

also if you are a new player don't get too concerned on kills. Always be farming. Farm inbetween kills. If you are TA and you are going to gank their jungle but dont find the hero, farm the camps. TA doesn't need kills to snowball, they help but farming jungle and ancient stacks is just as important. Whether or not you get your deso+blink from kills or creeps doesn't matter, just get those items, trap up the jungle and go hunting for alch, if you don't find him kill his camps. If you do kill him then his camps. Taking map control is important, once you have deso do rosh, find a pick then take theri t1's down. Taking down towers makes it harder for the other team to tp counter gank and save the alch. And if they are protecting him that just gives you space to farm even though you may not be getting kills.

Thanks this actually helps a lot.

this w33ha sf is TEMEKA tier, fitting considering they lost against finns yday

whats the problem?
that you lose the lane? that you lose later on?

Yeah I guess that I lose the lane, he just forces you into a situation where you can either contest runes and lose farm to the tower or farm under the tower and he gets free runes. I guess I fall into the trap of trying to match his pushing power and run out of mana while still being pushed to my tower. Which in turn makes it difficult to contest the rune.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I could see some relaxation from starting at 1mmr and just playing PvE as Lycan NP, or Brood every game for a few weeks.

Yeah I guess that I lose the lane, he just forces you into a situation where you can either contest runes and lose farm to the tower or farm under the tower and he gets free runes. I guess I fall into the trap of trying to match his pushing power and run out of mana while still being pushed to my tower. Which in turn makes it difficult to contest the rune.

especially at your tier, where farming is very very slow and consequently much less important for a long time, getting runes is usually better, double especially if against an alch, since he has to do zero work to get lots of coins from bounty runes.

when you get a special rune (especially invisibility or haste) try and secure a kill with it, it absolutely makes up for any farm you lose by leaving the lane.

and if you think your map awareness is ok, get an early-ish TP scroll and hop to one of the lanes when you know you can secure a kill. The extra early levels from midlaning do a LOT for kill potential, and the laning stage lasts forever in lower skill tiers. TA and White Drow especially can shit out tons of damage without many items early on, so take advantage when enemies in the side lanes get brave and dive.

Auteezy

Banned
especially at your tier, where farming is very very slow and consequently much less important for a long time, getting runes is usually better, double especially if against an alch, since he has to do zero work to get lots of coins from bounty runes.

when you get a special rune (especially invisibility or haste) try and secure a kill with it, it absolutely makes up for any farm you lose by leaving the lane.

and if you think your map awareness is ok, get an early-ish TP scroll and hop to one of the lanes when you know you can secure a kill. The extra early levels from midlaning do a LOT for kill potential, and the laning stage lasts forever in lower skill tiers. TA and White Drow especially can shit out tons of damage without many items early on, so take advantage when enemies in the side lanes get brave and dive.

I'd kind of argue the opposite that because farming at that level is generally slow, just hitting creeps and farming faster is better than diving for kills and giving up on farm. Snowballing off your better farm is probably a bit easier too for a newer player who isn't familiar with every hero and their limitations

I mean I'll even use BSJ as an example here. This guy is fuckin braindead retarded, 0 map awareness, 0 game sense. says "Can I kill this guy" is wrong and dies then says "I thought i could kill him" But he farms. His cs in lane isn't even the best, but his farming patterns are fucking good. He farms efficiently. He a+clicks down lanes and dies because he has 0 map awareness but he still ends up one of if not the most farmed hero in most pubs he plays. Basically this guy lacks most of the intangibles to be a good player, but his farming patterns are so efficient that he still wins 55% of his games as a 6k+ player. So FARM FARM FARM

yeah that's true, too

it depends on your playstyle; coming from league there might be a better grasp on basic moba stuff than your typical dota player at sub-100 games, but everything at that level is SO messy that pretty much anything works

easiest way to TA or WD at that level is to just farm deso/aghs and push relentlessly tbh

bbd23

Nah I think I'm pretty good, I crush enemy mids who are 1500 MMR lower than me in 80% of games since I smurf (everybody does it anyway)

sass2.png

Hylian7

It itritates me so much when your teammates just want to keep ramming your heads into the enemy team hoping for a different result, and then blame you for not wanting to keep feeding them.

ksan

While I don't know how the supports roam, theres usually one thing you can do to contest runes pretty easily. As you probably know runes spawn at 0.00+n*2 minutes. Just choose a rune to go to at 3.45/5.45 etc, if you're fast you'll lose 1 creep, but you'll guarantee yourself the rune. Stay at the high ground on your side until its like 2-4 seconds left, and check if he goes in the same direction as you, cause then he probably has a support coming (just go back farming then and send chicken to refill bottle, or get the other rune if youre 100% sure you can get it, but youll lose more farm then). Or if you see him run earlier, just choose the other direction.

Other than this specific advice, you should just not care if you lose the lane, try to last hit/farm and try to not die (maybe even get some denies). If you get a good rune, gank another lane. I'm pretty sure that's the skill you'll benefit the most from in the long run, and try to not care about wins/losses (I know it's very hard, I'm still the worst loser after competitive sports since little, cs since 99, dota since 03 or 04). In the beginning there's so many factors influencing why you won/lost.

yeah that's true, too

it depends on your playstyle; coming from league there might be a better grasp on basic moba stuff than your typical dota player at sub-100 games, but everything at that level is SO messy that pretty much anything works

easiest way to TA or WD at that level is to just farm deso/aghs and push relentlessly tbh

Yeah, I do try and split push fairly often in games however my teammates don't always understand that 4v5 = lose so they end up losing fights and subsequently the game. I think I might be making the mistake of not carrying a tp scroll while pushing.

While I don't know how the supports roam, theres usually one thing you can do to contest runes pretty easily. As you probably know runes spawn at 0.00+n*2 minutes. Just choose a rune to go to at 3.45/5.45 etc, if you're fast you'll lose 1 creep, but you'll guarantee yourself the rune. Stay at the high ground on your side until its like 2-4 seconds left, and check if he goes in the same direction as you, cause then he probably has a support coming (just go back farming then and send chicken to refill bottle, or get the other rune if youre 100% sure you can get it, but youll lose more farm then). Or if you see him run earlier, just choose the other direction.

Other than this specific advice, you should just not care if you lose the lane, try to last hit/farm and try to not die (maybe even get some denies). If you get a good rune, gank another lane. I'm pretty sure that's the skill you'll benefit the most from in the long run, and try to not care about wins/losses (I know it's very hard, I'm still the worst loser after competitive sports since little, cs since 99, dota since 03 or 04). In the beginning there's so many factors influencing why you won/lost.

I think this is something I really need to work on. I'm not used to controlling more than one unit so my courier "mechanics" really suck lol. This would help my laning a lot.

Auteezy

Banned
Yeah, I do try and split push fairly often in games however my teammates don't always understand that 4v5 = lose so they end up losing fights and subsequently the game. I think I might be making the mistake of not carrying a tp scroll while pushing.

I think this is something I really need to work on. I'm not used to controlling more than one unit so my courier "mechanics" really suck lol. This would help my laning a lot.

lol don't worry about courier mechanics too much, that is miniscule. I mean 1.09 is a way better laner mid than me and he has some of the worst courier mechanics i've ever seen from a higher skilled player.

Top Bottom