• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

ksan

i learned a lot of russian today, just google translate and audio and tried to repeat what they said in team chat, guys didnt know english at all so idk, at least they know that i like tomatoes and cucumbers
I think this is something I really need to work on. I'm not used to controlling more than one unit so my courier "mechanics" really suck lol. This would help my laning a lot.

even if you do it slowly, its probably worth it, just really try to use the hotkeys when its possible, i abuse (as most people do) right clicking on my hero with the courier, then when im ready put the bottle on courier and just a fast q+(r+)+shift-f (shift queues commands) to send the courier home and back to you.

yes, after 12 years of dota i decided to change to non-legacy hotkeys
So without DotaGAF's cynical bullshit how often does Icefrog actually take feedback from pro players (that we know of)?

well, he does it between every (balance and big) patch at least, and you can clearly see that most fixes are due to pro balance issues (as in how icefrog thinks what direction the game should go towards)

Russ T

Banned
walk into this thread like
mPHOFS.gif

legit this thread is a hot mess

goddamn people

So, about the DP witchcraft changes you guys were talking about. This is a prime opportunity to bring back zephyr. Do it icefrog do it. Not sure how i'd feel about it if summoned spirits replaced ult spirits, having a weaker ult would suck. But bringing zephyr into dota would be pretty cool.

For non hon players; zephyr was a hero that spawned tornadoes around him when he last hit creeps. These tornadoes would deal damage around him and would heal zephyr when they expired.

lol don't worry about courier mechanics too much, that is miniscule. I mean 1.09 is a way better laner mid than me and he has some of the worst courier mechanics i've ever seen from a higher skilled player.

ya really even high-tier players don't necessarily need a ton of micro skill to be effective.

it helps, especially with efficiency, to learn some basic stuff but mostly if you just set some hotkeys and get used to pushing them in a certain order it's not rough.

it's not something crucial, like tread switching.

?

So, about the DP witchcraft changes you guys were talking about. This is a prime opportunity to bring back zephyr. Do it icefrog do it. Not sure how i'd feel about it if summoned spirits replaced ult spirits, having a weaker ult would suck. But bringing zephyr into dota would be pretty cool.

For non hon players; zephyr was a hero that spawned tornadoes around him when he last hit creeps. These tornadoes would deal damage around him and would heal zephyr when they expired.
I'm not sure he wants to bring HoN heroes that he didn't create into Dota. That's why I don't think we'll see Puppet Master.

gai_shain

zephyr in dota would be awesome

ksan

your ideas are as shit as ur spectre rank was Kappa

ksan

It'd be pretty op, but that's the way it usually goes with hero redesigns. Looking forward to dp being crazy op only to be nerfed into irrelevance.

I literally don't remember shit other than him having tornadoes that was similar to some dota 3.x shit. Then again, I guess the play style was similar to how you played dp at some points.
Also, I'm at the point I wouldn't even mind HoN heroes, as long as it's not one with 4 activateable nukes.

I literally don't remember shit other than him having tornadoes that was similar to some dota 3.x shit. Then again, I guess the play style was similar to how you played dp at some points.
Also, I'm at the point I wouldn't even mind HoN heroes, as long as it's not one with 4 activateable nukes.
Oh I wasn't proposing porting zephyr over. Just adding his tornado spawning skill to witchcraft.

Witchcraft :
Spawn a ghost after killing an enemy creep that behaves like DP ghosts for X duration. With a max Y ghosts.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I do try and split push fairly often in games however my teammates don't always understand that 4v5 = lose so they end up losing fights and subsequently the game. I think I might be making the mistake of not carrying a tp scroll while pushing.

I think this is something I really need to work on. I'm not used to controlling more than one unit so my courier "mechanics" really suck lol. This would help my laning a lot.
Not carrying a tp as a split-pusher is definitely a problem. Whenever I buy one I like to buy a few at a time so I'm never caught out later without the funds to buy one. What you can do when split-pushing is check inventories to see who has tp's and start making decisions on who you can handle in a fight and who you should be wary of. Think of who has what abilities or items to initiate on to you. Ideally you could push a lane to force the enemy team to defend, tp back to your own tower and then fight them while they are down a hero or kill the defending hero and take tower/rax if they don't have enough people with tp scrolls.

Concerning micro it is important that you start microing correctly first and then ramp up the speed as you build muscle memory.

TUSR

Banned
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

We apologize for the late response regarding your inquiry, and that we could not get to you sooner.

Please let us know if you still require our help.

You can send an email to - with all future requests.

IHL3 ticket!

Hylian7

At first I thought you were referring to the disbanded team Purge and Blitz were on.

Kade

I don't celebrate Christmas.

Add me: Kade0451

You can use my character as a party member and she's pretty good.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'd get Xenoblade but who even owns a Wii U? For real...

t0rment

this got so much better when i understood the tutorial msg about holding sprint to follow roads w/o spending stamina. also how far do i need to travel to play more gwent

your horse in this game is still more dumb than the people you get on solo queue lol. and every vendor in this game plays gwent too, some of them have op cards so i bailed on that.

Top Bottom