• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Kunkka really need some serious buff. He's been shit tier for a long time.
kunk-rum.gif

I can't play Kunkka but I really like all of his moves the way they are except the cleave, a complete redesign is unneccesary. Cleave could get replaced by another passive(I don't think his mana pool can handle another active) but I don't know what would synergize well with his skillset.

Red UFO

My biggest problem with Kunkka is that Ember Spirit does a very similar job and so much better. I wonder if a Kunkka buff + ES nerf in the same patch could make him somewhat relevant again.

Edit: unless the aspects of kka that make him a viable support get buffed instead

What exactly is the benefit of Radiance Alchemist again? You farm super fast with it and double up on AOE with Acid Spray or something?

Deltoid

Banned
I can't play Kunkka but I really like all of his moves the way they are except the cleave, a complete redesign is unneccesary. Cleave could get replaced by another passive(I don't think his mana pool can handle another active) but I don't know what would synergize well with his skillset.

yeah I like kunkka but I dunno how you buff him into relevance without making him op, that suggests a rework is required

kionedrik

Kunkka needs lower mana cost on torrent (10 or 20 less) and rework the way boat works (make it hit the AoE you select instead of a fixed distance in front of Kunkka).

The problem of buffing Kunkka too much is that he is a very utility based character that can scale, which means he will be a threat from min 1 till the end of the game.

G.ZZZ

Kka just need a small buff to be a viable support. Like XTMS increased range. Or mana cost on torrent (why 120?!??!!?). He is such a sick hero at lvl 6 , but sadly fall off a cliff later on unless you farm like a madman.

Also when dotaallstars still existed i proposed a change on witchcraft that would summon a ghost every time u cast a spell, duration scaling with the level of witchcraft. Obviously it wouldn't increase the number of ghosts on the ulti anymore, but the concept was that you'd have a bit of ghosts all the time not only in ulty and would make the hero more unique.

jew

Banned
Hey guys you don't have to post every game you own with a bad hero haha. I know you guys are good at Dota, but don't put low skilled players such as myself down! I only watch Dota recreationally now and I appreciate the finer nuances of the game through the highly intelligent, inundated, and virile concepts this forum serves to provide. I thank you each and every day for your contributions to society and your personal role in gracing me with your wisdom.

Kka just need a small buff to be a viable support. Like XTMS increased range. Or mana cost on torrent (why 120?!??!!?). He is such a sick hero at lvl 6 , but sadly fall off a cliff later on unless you farm like a madman.

Also when dotaallstars still existed i proposed a change on witchcraft that would summon a ghost every time u cast a spell, duration scaling with the level of witchcraft. Obviously it wouldn't increase the number of ghosts on the ulti anymore, but the concept was that you'd have a bit of ghosts all the time not only in ulty and would make the hero more unique.
If you want him to be a viable support then you need to do something about his cleave
Maybe cleave should apply effects on hit or something

I don't know man kunkka always fucking sucked

Deltoid

Banned

dude this would be so good

Twookie

cleave range is now global

one and done, viable

on a more serious note, i'm sure icefraud has some fixes for him next patch, next patch is going to be huuuge

This patch is important, the one after is more crucial.

Valve being able to support and change things up on more regular basis will help Dota 2 out of its stagnancy.

Pugna is fun as hell

yeah but people can't play him for shit
they see his aghs and decrepify and think "lol imma nuke motherfuckers out of orbit with dagon aghs xddd"

But then they have 700 hp and feed all game. Fuck that shit.
Real pugnas exploit blast and the ward to win fights and push hardcore super early. greaves necro octarine necro refresher get mega at 13 minutes ez win

It won't happen but I'd love to see some salt at The Summit with a patch full of changes hitting right as the thing starts. Let's go full reality show surprise challange on this.

DrPizza

Banned
right after reading this post I randomed bloodseeker:

iLZWJg9.png

also note the doom with another AC, roughly 5-6 minutes after i bought mine

Against a Slardar and a deso TA, I think the Doom can legitimately claim to need both the Shiva and the AC himself. He certainly can't rely on being near Bloodseeker all the time, given the movement speed discrepancy.

yarden24

Against a Slardar and a deso TA, I think the Doom can legitimately claim to need both the Shiva and the AC himself. He certainly can't rely on being near Bloodseeker all the time, given the movement speed discrepancy.

is the AC sans aura more beneficial then lets say , a vlads+solar crest/lotus orb?

yep, feeling like a blog post explaining delays next week, pushed until after the holidays
Maybe it's just me but I think it's been a long time since players have been this bored with the game, I don't know if they can afford to keep delaying the good stuff since 6.85 was essentially a delay itself. The game hasn't really changed since pre-TI.

Top Bottom