• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
seems like in the end OG just couldn't overcome that UB disadvantage. well done to liquid, the well deserved lower bracket winners.

Low Tier
seems like in the end OG just couldn't overcome that UB disadvantage. well done to liquid, the well deserved lower bracket winners.

Cute-Anime-Memes-05.jpg

M.D

i think og is just washed up, it's their third lan in a row and they still have summit 4 coming up in a few days and i don't expect them to do too hot there either tbh

i doubt they would've taken dreamleague or the defense now, but they needed as the experience and exposure before the major

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'm starting to legitimately feel fear at the dedness of this game. Not personally. I still love Dota. I think it's one of the best video games ever made and I love it to death. My problem is that I play Dota with a specific group of friends and they have all but abandoned the game. Some of them wont play unless others play. Some are just completely done with the game and don't ever want to return. Some can be talked into a game but quickly leave after a single game because they just don't enjoy it the way they used to.

This was a thing that started around TI5 and we never recovered. I thought dumpstering Techies last patch would draw us all back but it never happened. We played HotS for a month really hardcore, daily, the way we used to obsess over Dota 2 (a few of us even spent money on it). After that honeymoon month, even HotS fell off. MGS came out and 90% of my Dota crew abandoned for that and have just never come back.

Since this drought has taken over, I have jumped into single queue a few times and it's just not the same game without some level of strategy that I never get from the pubs. I don't know if I have it in me to try and warm up to a new group of people to play with, so I haven't gone out of my way to try and play with people from GAF, Giant Bomb or Reddit or anything. I don't want to have to re-learn how to talk to a new group of people, especially in a game that can get so heated. It's not that I'm a toxic person in Dota, more that I'm just abrasive in general, and the handful of people I've been playing with understand and accept that. I'm not sure there's a way back for me in Dota. It will definitely never be like it was that first year or two. Makes me kind of sad, really.

Artanisix

I'm starting to legitimately feel fear at the dedness of this game. Not personally. I still love Dota. I think it's one of the best video games ever made and I love it to death. My problem is that I play Dota with a specific group of friends and they have all but abandoned the game. Some of them wont play unless others play. Some are just completely done with the game and don't ever want to return. Some can be talked into a game but quickly leave after a single game because they just don't enjoy it the way they used to.

This was a thing that started around TI5 and we never recovered. I thought dumpstering Techies last patch would draw us all back but it never happened. We played HotS for a month really hardcore, daily, the way we used to obsess over Dota 2 (a few of us even spent money on it). After that honeymoon month, even HotS fell off. MGS came out and 90% of my Dota crew abandoned for that and have just never come back.

Since this drought has taken over, I have jumped into single queue a few times and it's just not the same game without some level of strategy that I never get from the pubs. I don't know if I have it in me to try and warm up to a new group of people to play with, so I haven't gone out of my way to try and play with people from GAF, Giant Bomb or Reddit or anything. I don't want to have to re-learn how to talk to a new group of people, especially in a game that can get so heated. It's not that I'm a toxic person in Dota, more that I'm just abrasive in general, and the handful of people I've been playing with understand and accept that. I'm not sure there's a way back for me in Dota. It will definitely never be like it was that first year or two. Makes me kind of sad, really.

pro constantly talks about how much he hates playing dota while playing dota and would rather be playing csgo but i still play with him
BloodTrail.png

donut be afriad to make new friend on gaf
BloodTrail.png

i even play wit hylian7 and stevewinwood someteimes too they r all friendly tbh as long as you consistently aren't a dick then it's cool ppl will understanD

Auteezy

Banned
pro constantly talks about how much he hates playing dota while playing dota and would rather be playing csgo but i still play with him
BloodTrail.png

donut be afriad to make new friend on gaf
BloodTrail.png

i even play wit hylian7 and stevewinwood someteimes too they r all friendly tbh as long as you consistently aren't a dick then it's cool ppl will understanD

+1, playing with milkman and his stack has always been a humbling and enjoyable experience for me!

Idea for Dota IMBA:
- Sniper loses his autoattack
- Replaced by Shrapnel
- All Shrapnel usage voice lines are HO HO, HA HA
- Shrapnel CD scales with attack speed rather than leveling up the skill/CDR from Octarine

Auteezy

Banned
yeah if this thread devolves into dota IMBA balance whine... KEY word IMBA (imbalance)...

G.ZZZ

Why i lose games where i go 30-10 and win the ones i when i repick meepo into chen and afk jungle 30 mins FeelsBadMan

Top Bottom