• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Chris R

Pick unranked because I don't want to take this serious, get matched with a fucking 4 stack with only one good player in it.

http://yasp.co/matches/1838711615

VOLVO PLZ I mean seriously who picks Spectre without building a radiance on her ;_; Too bad the Spirit Breaker doesn't have better friends to queue with. And they never focused Undying, he did so much fucking healing.

Hylian7

Pick unranked because I don't want to take this serious, get matched with a fucking 4 stack with only one good player in it.

http://yasp.co/matches/1838711615

VOLVO PLZ I mean seriously who picks Spectre without building a radiance on her ;_; Too bad the Spirit Breaker doesn't have better friends to queue with. And they never focused Undying, he did so much fucking healing.

I was going to write about how that maybe she decided the pace of the game wasn't optimal, so she would get it later and never got to before the game ended.

Then I clicked on the game and can't help but go
facepalm.gif

First of all let's talk about the Midas: Don't get it on Spectre, unless somehow the other team crazy feeds you and you get it by 3 minutes or something ridiculous like that, and in that situation you would probably win even if you rushed a Rapier. Midas's main attraction is the XP gain, and Spectre generally benefits more from gold. Putting yourself that much gold in the hole could have been something toward your Radiance or other item.

Then we have the biggest pet peeve of mine that I see Spectre's do sometimes: Daedalus. +damage doesn't spread to illusions, they get nothing out of it other than the crit of the damage the illusions normally do. Definitely not worth that asking price when you could get so much more out of other items, and cheaper items. The other issue with it is where Spectre's damage comes from. Her damage comes from either illusions, Desolate, or Dispersion. Daedalus benefits none of these. Desolate's Pure damage hits BEOFRE your attack does, and is not actually part of your attack. Ever tried to attack someone while blinded or evasion with Spectre, and you missed but were still somehow damaging them? That was the Desolate procs.

As for dispersion, you need some kind of HP or damage mitigation item. It used to be all HP all the way, but with the Dispersion change you can get Magic Resistance or Armor and still get good value out of Dispersion.

Radiance puts out a good DoT and miss chance, and of course hits everyone when you Haunt, cancelling blinks and the like. Going Vanguard into Daedalus into what I'm assuming is heart (the Vit booster) is not capitalizing on the hero's strengths at all. Vanguard is fine, and may be the item you need to catch up, farm the jungle or something like that. I think you definitely want get Radiance next though if you choose to go that route.

The hardest part about playing Spectre is making the right judgment call during the 10-20 minute mark. You have to look at the situation, your farm, what farm you can get soon and decide if your next item will be Radiance, or if you need some little things before that. Radiance should always be somewhere in the pipeline though.

I was going to write about how that maybe she decided the pace of the game wasn't optimal, so she would get it later and never got to before the game ended.

Then I clicked on the game and can't help but go
facepalm.gif

First of all let's talk about the Midas: Don't get it on Spectre, unless somehow the other team crazy feeds you and you get it by 3 minutes or something ridiculous like that, and in that situation you would probably win even if you rushed a Rapier. Midas's main attraction is the XP gain, and Spectre generally benefits more from gold. Putting yourself that much gold in the hole could have been something toward your Radiance or other item.

Then we have the biggest pet peeve of mine that I see Spectre's do sometimes: Daedalus. +damage doesn't spread to illusions, they get nothing out of it other than the crit of the damage the illusions normally do. Definitely not worth that asking price when you could get so much more out of other items, and cheaper items. The other issue with it is where Spectre's damage comes from. Her damage comes from either illusions, Desolate, or Dispersion. Daedalus benefits none of these. Desolate's Pure damage hits BEOFRE your attack does, and is not actually part of your attack. Ever tried to attack someone while blinded or evasion with Spectre, and you missed but were still somehow damaging them? That was the Desolate procs.

As for dispersion, you need some kind of HP or damage mitigation item. It used to be all HP all the way, but with the Dispersion change you can get Magic Resistance or Armor and still get good value out of Dispersion.

Radiance puts out a good DoT and miss chance, and of course hits everyone when you Haunt, cancelling blinks and the like. Going Vanguard into Daedalus into what I'm assuming is heart (the Vit booster) is not capitalizing on the hero's strengths at all. Vanguard is fine, and may be the item you need to catch up, farm the jungle or something like that. I think you definitely want get Radiance next though if you choose to go that route.

The hardest part about playing Spectre is making the right judgment call during the 10-20 minute mark. You have to look at the situation, your farm, what farm you can get soon and decide if your next item will be Radiance, or if you need some little things before that. Radiance should always be somewhere in the pipeline though.

Great points made.

I feel like this build might be popular since I got a Spectre with the exact same build in my last game. Many people don't realize Illusions never benefit from raw damage(or health), devs need to be more clear on such things tbh.

Hylian7

Great points made.

I feel like this build might be popular since I got a Spectre with the exact same build in my last game. Many people don't realize Illusions never benefit from raw damage(or health), devs need to be more clear on such things tbh.

I think at the very least it's something that needs to go in the loading screen tips. I'm honestly surprised it isn't already. Granted there are a lot of "invisible" mechanics like that to Dota, but of course like the entire game, you just learn about them with time.

I think part of the reason people still see Daedaulus Spectre is just because it's in the recommended items still. It's Spectre's Battle Fury Bounty Hunter.

Low Tier
waaa, sugo-nee

Ive been working on my facebook profile before i set it to public what do you guys think? :3 ^_^

Weaboo_a50e1c_5504506.jpg

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Over the years, the Dota OT's have had their ups and downs, but right now might actually be the worst it's ever been. It actually makes me kind of depressed coming in here lately.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
How fast do you gain compendium levels? I'm mostly interested in the Tusk upgrade at level 150 but I'm very casual.

What the hell is up with Valve and ever more restrictions on their shit? No way to get the Coin sets accept to roll the dice and pray to the RNG.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Decided to buy it anyway, my first compendium. My mate just got the Lina set first try so yeah.

I've had spectre's on my team that skipped radiance and was still dominating and wrecking the other team. I can't remember the full build but I know they went skadi into other damage items and survivability items.

I get radiance a lot with her but it's not required.

Top Bottom