• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
this patch lasted a week before the fatigue, wow. worst patch in dota history?

igl51YO.gif

It was only a difficulty precision patch. Learn how to precisely click again.

I've watched anime in the past but have no idea on what 90% of the posts in this thread is about.

The DC local chat is fun. People just shouting neighborhoods or neighboring cities and saying let's do this but nothing seems to happen. I wonder if it will generate any real life meet ups or rage fights.

gai_shain

really? but i thought that the 64bit dx11 client was the default now?

unless that's something else that valve claimed to have fixed but didn't.

not sure, I couldnt shift tab to bring up the steam overlay ingame and people said adding -dx11 in the launch options fixes this and that also reduced my loading times

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
If I alt + tab out of the client I cannot get back in. Great.

Earlier there was like a 20% chance my client would crash if I open my compendium.
cBj1LTf.png

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
If I alt + tab out of the client I cannot get back in. Great.

Earlier there was like a 20% chance my client would crash if I open my compendium.
cBj1LTf.png
Alt tab crash; I seem to remember that was fixed in a previous patch too

But remember the client is in a good state right now and if you think it could be better you're an entitled crybaby

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Any reason why dotabuff and yasp stopped updating with my latest matches? (I checked and i have the option on and everything)

Smithy C

Wish people would say before the horn that they're going to feed couriers all game.

Would have bet so many coins if I knew that.

mozz_shopkeep.gif

Baha

Esports Team Union has formed and has listed demands for 2016 from LAN organizers: http://www.e-frag.net/news/esports/509/esports-team-union-demands

''Hi everyone, my name is Alexander Kokhanovskyy and I’m CEO of Na`Vi. I’m writing on behalf of Teams Union, which include Na`Vi, Team Liquid, CLG, Cloud9, VP, TSM, fnatic, NiP, Titan and EnVyUs. E-Sports has been developing rapidly for past few years and we want to establish more professional connection between top teams and big e-sports tournament & leagues organizers. All things listed in this e-mail applied from 1st of January 2016. This e-mail includes representatives of ESL, Dreamhack, Starladder, Faceit, PGL, MLG, CEVO, Joindota, Dotacinema, One Game Agency (DotaPit & CounterPit), ESEA, ESWC, Dreamz Media, BTS, Fragbite, Gfinity.

Participation policy 2016:
We will decline all Dota 2 and CS:GO pure online events (without LAN Finals) invitations. The one and only exception will be US teams in CS:GO due to lack of LAN events. But they will set a minimum amount of prize money around 30.000$ USD for 1-2 months League and 10.000$ for 3-4 days event.

What kind online events we are talking about:
- Showmatches (except of sponsors events, for example G2A showmatch NAVI vs. Cloud9)
- 1-2 day online tournaments with 4-8 teams playing - King of the Hill, Zotac, etc.
- 2-3 months online leagues - Dotapit, XMG Captains Draft, GOCL etc.

The minimum amount of prize money for CS:GO will be 75.000$ excluding travel support
The minimum amount of prize money for Dota2 will be 100.000$ including in-game tickets, but excluding travel support

Not going to comment on the prize money demands but I did like this part since it addresses various problems in the esports scene:

Additional Dota2 / CS:GO players requirements: (please read that as recommendation for HoTS/HS)
- Prize money should be paid not later than 3 months after event ends.
- Transportation from hotel to venue and back (if venue is far)
- If 6 players are travelling we are expecting 3 rooms with 2 double-beds in each
- Dedicated bathroom for players with no access for fans/crowd
- Not more than 1x BO3 + 1x BO5 per day
- If possible, equal conditions to all teams participating (avoid match-ups too early if team left venue at 2:00 am, same warmup/rest time, etc.)
- Provide a good seats (comfortable chairs such as DXracer) and enough space for each player (tables at least 1.2m x 0.8m per player)
- Players lounge with no access for crowd, practice area and food is warmly welcome

Acinixys

So this new compendium is come kind of god awful combo of shitty market restrictions and CSGO trade up contracts?

Whoever is in charge of this shit should be fired

They change how the items/chests work every 3 months and its terrible

mindblown.png

shira

So this new compendium is come kind of god awful combo of shitty market restrictions and CSGO trade up contracts?

Whoever is in charge of this shit should be fired

They change how the items/chests work every 3 months and its terrible

mindblown.png
If you give them something else to complain about it will take the heat off TI5 rewards and shitty Reborn client

Sounds like you need to take a break from Dota.

ikr, zzzzz

Patch seems fine so far, fun heroes are back and nothing is really cancerous yet.

ya, it's amazing that people were whining about tusk/undying/PL/BH meta; those games were infinitely more fun to watch and play than boring right clickers

and yeah some boring right clickers are having their day in the sun currently but we're on the verge of having a cute weaver baby/veno/TB/encan'tress/ck party... all this whining will be laughable when 6.86 comes and we're back to watching fucking Razor and DK zzzz

the REAL issue with this patch is the shit monetization schemes they're introducing, but hey valve > riot xDDD

also buff timber

inkls

ya, it's amazing that people were whining about tusk/undying/PL/BH meta; those games were infinitely more fun to watch and play than boring right clickers

and yeah some boring right clickers are having their day in the sun currently but we're on the verge of having a cute weaver baby/veno/TB/encan'tress/ck party... all this whining will be laughable when 6.86 comes and we're back to watching fucking Razor and DK zzzz

also buff timber

tb and ck meta? lol rip toe

also +1 buff timber

Also, I'm really enjoying the local chats. I've picked up some random dude from my city (Berlin) for the past few games and had quite a lot of fun. People were really nice. Average MMR was something like 2k so far though. I wonder if the average MMR of 2250 from 2013 has actually budged at all.

Really awesome feature all in all though.

edit: Yeah, double beds for each player seem absolutely reasonable still.

Pratfall

the whole entire game is still free (including endless custom games) and the patch is a week old. lets all try to not be insane.

no one is forcing you to dress up your dolls.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
This crowd noise is artificial and being piped into the stream right?

Top Bottom