• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

M.D

i've noticed for a while now that a lot of people look at my shoes when i walk past them or whatever

they are so fucking good

bbd23

300 days since last hero release

image.php

I remember a Valve employee giving a youtube interview after or during TI4 and getting asked whether they'd release all Dota 1 heroes by next TI (so July 2015) and he say "yeah, we should get there" or something along the lines.

lmao... the fact there still isn't parity with DotA is so funny to me, idk why

the excuses are endless

and yet people will go nuts and cry and thank blessed valve when ice shards gets a cd nerf

stay enabling

Pratfall

lmao... the fact there still isn't parity with DotA is so funny to me, idk why

the excuses are endless

and yet people will go nuts and cry and thank blessed valve when ice shards gets a cd nerf

stay enabling

if the the other option is to tear clothing and gnash teeth on reddit, i'll chose enabling

If we don't get a new hero this time I could seriously see a "Volvo giff diretide" 2.0 happening.

Shit, I started playing back in 2012 and I remember people in here saying "we might not even get all the heroes by 2014". I'm a patient guy, but this is getting ridiculous.

Quesa

I've been getting a lot of friend requests recently. Did people just now find out I have a Rainmaker?

b5WkprF.jpg

what now passive bot fans
4Head.png

give me a new patch already valve im so bored
NotLikeThis.png

Download Heroes of the Storm today

and do the refer-a-friend thing with me so I can get a sweet mount

Zeknurn

Warhammer 40,000: Dark Nexus Arena will be available in Early Access in one hour. Bye Bye Dota 2.

Dark Nexus Arena will be free to play with the entire Veteran roster available to all players. Cosmetics such as skins, HUD skins, icons, and other customization options can be purchased via premium currency. We are adamant about never charging for content that changes gameplay.

edit: It's out now.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
It's generally not healthy to be so obsessed with this game that you get incredibly indignant and rage on the internet about how much content they release. I've certainly been there in the past though and I'm sure most of us have. It's easier overall if you take a half step back.

That being said, the amount of content Valve releases for this game is honestly pretty pathetic, especially considered in the context of how much money it makes them. The fact that we're still possibly 6 months away from Dota 1 parity is damn near inconceivable.

Twookie

man how many people are casting? merlini, winter, fogged and kotlguy?

what a flustercluck

edit: confirmed, came in late, soz

Hylian7

I hear stuff like Reborn and Source 2 take a lot of manpower. That said that shit is mostly done and just finding and fixing bugs now, I don't see why we shouldn't expect a new hero soon.

Artanisix

It's generally not healthy to be so obsessed with this game that you get incredibly indignant and rage on the internet about how much content they release. I've certainly been there in the past though and I'm sure most of us have. It's easier overall if you take a half step back.

That being said, the amount of content Valve releases for this game is honestly pretty pathetic, especially considered in the context of how much money it makes them. The fact that we're still possibly 6 months away from Dota 1 parity is damn near inconceivable.

are we really at the point where we're saying the amount of content put out for this game is pathetic?

i'm fucking out

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Glad to see CS isn't immune from Valve's nonsense. This gun seems kinda messed up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkZviRo0b5A

Also it's ugly as shit. Is this a real gun? They had to have been able to do better than this for the first gun added to CS in so long...

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
are we really at the point where we're saying the amount of content put out for this game is pathetic?

i'm fucking out

What other word would you use? Minimal? Sparse? Nonexistent? Take your pick.

Regardless it's been almost a year since a new hero and we're now forever trapped in a cycle of compendiums and compendium rewards coming out 6 months later.

TUSR

Banned
pretty sure I just got 10% on a final exam

which might be well above average given the looks on kids faces after.

DrPizza

Banned
Glad to see CS isn't immune from Valve's nonsense. This gun seems kinda messed up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkZviRo0b5A

Also it's ugly as shit. Is this a real gun? They had to have been able to do better than this for the first gun added to CS in so long...

It's a real gun. It's a S&W 0.357 Magnum revolved holding 8 rounds. SA/DA trigger. It should only have a picatinny rail on the bottom, though, the one along the top isn't standard.

Quesa

What other word would you use? Minimal? Sparse? Nonexistent? Take your pick.

Regardless it's been almost a year since a new hero and we're now forever trapped in a cycle of compendiums and compendium rewards coming out 6 months later.

This year, in terms of content, we've had

New Bloom 2015 -- a new mode (not great), a new hero (a good one!)
Several new treasures
An entirely new client
custom games, with valve creating two of their own (overthrow and Haunted Colosseum)
Two compendiums (one good, one bad)
Three enormous, major tournaments, without major sponsors or shit music between matches
Faceless void remodel,
Three major patches, including one that changed several features and added several new items.

And we could be due for one more hero this year. Not sparse at all. Saying "only one new hero!" is short-sighted. Maybe not as much as LoL, but not sparse.

Top Bottom