• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Russ T

Banned
hopefully the next patch will just include a spectre rework that makes all of her skills do different things and remodels her and revoices her and gives her new lore

shira

stolen from matts twitter
http://www.dailydot.com/esports/riot-g2a-sponsorship-ban/
guys gonna start watching profesh LOL fuck dota esports
luna-sparkle.gif

i've actually tried watchign lol stuff but it just doesn't click and all I hear is constant sparkly noises and jingles

LOL worlds
nvbaZqT.jpg

DOTO ti5
GVQsA3K.jpg

Hylian7

hopefully the next patch will just include a spectre rework that makes all of her skills do different things and remodels her and revoices her and gives her new lore

Russ T pls.

Spectre is one of the most unique carries in Dota, or hell, any MOBA game (unless you're counting Sand Wraith from HoN, but that doesn't really count since it's a clone of Spectre intentionally).

Hylian7

Is this just an inkls shitpost or does this actually have something to do with Spectre that I somehow missed?

And heres spectre's worse versus
bdbdda00ad30e620d836baa353a635fb.png

obviously everyone should be picking undying
Undying, Lifestealer, Earth Spirit, and AM to a lesser degree all don't surprise me.

The rest are unexpected though. I guess Chen might be on there just because you have to go for early game ending with him, because if Spectre gets her farm, she can kill him no problem. Alchemist? That hero is pretty trash in general right now, but I'm not exactly seeing how he beats Spectre. The regen from his ulti outdoes Radiance? That's all I got.

Io is also a weird one, not really sure why he's on there. Also don't know about Treant Protector.

Hylian7

Just because she is unique does not make her fun.

Farming is fun, narrowly dodging ganks with positioning in the trees by Dagger is fun, and of course knowing when you're at the point where you can confidently chase people or not is part of the thrill.

I was going to ask, what about spectre makes it more unique of a hero than let's say Invoker, relying on 2 passives make her unique? Nothing about spectre makes her stand out from the plethora of right clickers in the game.

JC Sera

I was going to ask, what about spectre makes it more unique of a hero than let's say Invoker, relying on 2 passives make her unique? Nothing about spectre makes her stand out from the plethora of right clickers in the game.
if I were to take a guess
– Hard carry with free pathing
– Puuuuuuuure damage
– Agi carry that depends on tanking up and people hitting her
– Really unique ulti (the swithceroonie buff was a really nice touch)

but a lot of heroes in dota are really unique
its a big part of the appeal

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
She's the only higher dimensional carry waifu in MOBA.

if I were to take a guess
– Hard carry with free pathing
– Puuuuuuuure damage
– Agi carry that depends on tanking up and people hitting her
– Really unique ulti (the swithceroonie buff was a really nice touch)

but a lot of heroes in dota are really unique
its a big part of the appeal

Technically and functionally I don't think it does much to distance herself from the "norm", or maybe I have yet to play her the correct way and I don't know what I'm talking about.

Technically and functionally I don't think it does much to distance herself from the "norm", or maybe I have yet to play her the correct way and I don't know what I'm talking about.

it's fun to press R 25 minutes into the game and murder every support that thought it was a good idea to go roam and put some wards down

it's fun to press R 25 minutes into the game and murder every support that thought it was a good idea to go roam and put some wards down

Never say it wasn't, i know I love the feeling of omnipotence when playing the hero, just don't find her to be the most unique hero in the game, like Hylian said.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
unique features about spectre -

- strong right clicks
- starts weak and becomes powerful
- 'comes online' when you get key items
- requires lots of farm

the uniquiest hero in the dotas

Russ T

Banned
When you panic ult, you can jump out of the pot and into the deep fryer
ashot_rubick.gif

i just did that and it worked somehow

but that's cause i was playing against a bad team (also naga songed to save me (and deny a tower, naga 2pro))

any good team would've destroyed me

spectre sucks confirmed

Hylian7

Most carries deal damage from right clicking people, Spectre does it through taking damage as well as right clicking people.

shira

Booting G2A so they can get in on that sweet DraftKings/FanDuel $$$$$$$$$

I still have no idea why anyone in their right mind would play "fantasy sports"

They are already playing on the field. Why would need to play a game within the game. Then pay money for it. Then have the betting company use their own internal stats to win at the "fantasy game" effectively stealing the money.

Speaking of Spectre reworks, can we all agree her voice replacement immortal is inferior to her default voice? The distorted, barely intelligible speech gimmick gives her some character. The reworked voice sounds like spooky broodmother.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Speaking of Spectre reworks, can we all agree her voice replacement immortal is inferior to her default voice? The distorted, barely intelligible speech gimmick gives her some character. The reworked voice sounds like spooky broodmother.

i don't understand why people wanted it reworked in the first place. did the normalfishes of the world just want it to be a sexy flirty lady voice like linda?

Hylian7

i don't understand why people wanted it reworked in the first place. did the normalfishes of the world just want it to be a sexy flirty lady voice like linda?

Probably because it was one of the more unique voices in the game so they wanted to see what Valve would do with it. Yeah, I agree, the original voice is better.

How the hell do you win games with Jugg? I know he's not terrible this patch, but I'm having a lot of trouble winning for my 10-hero challenge with him. I've tried the classic 3 spin 2 stats by 5 build, we couldn't push fast enough though so we lost late to Spectre. I've also tried the MoM, Basher, Blade Dance build with no success there either. Any other ideas or is it mainly just either of these will work and we have to end sooner?

JC Sera

I did not, what happened?

Care to elaborate?
Honestly I feel like alch is one more buff away from being top tier
Pro players are adopting the support naga transition to late game carry, I could definitely see them applying that to alch.

Like maybe he will fill the niche bounty left after nerfs (super farm acceleration) + get lined up with heroes who have amazing aghs

but not this patch

he is definitely no longer trash anymore though

edit: http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit
radiant pick as we speak

I also forgot to say his acid ability is super great, and helps accelerate ancients farming
he goes well with venge

Artanisix

you can 6 slot and become an unkillable frontliner within 25-30 minutes while helping your team and supplying aghs to supports to make them into cores

hero is pretty sick

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
in this bts game alch has the same networth as the 2nd and 3rd place heroes combined and he still isn't doing anything
grave.gif
grave.gif

Top Bottom