• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Hylian7

I think you need to aim to get rosh and rat/siege all their towers while they are distracted elsewhere before their carries get online

Juggs just doesn't compete so good against a lot late game carries, he wrecks much more towards the mid game

Yeah, I've been trying to get my team to push with me mid-game because we totally can but they often won't for whatever reasons. I usually get a ton of kills early-mid game but then I'm useless once the other team gets any significant damage up.

Hylian7

Spec who?

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1848523831

dac15_nosewipe.gif

Ellenpudge Alch is crazy, feels like he is on permanent roids.

What happened here, a throw? That's what it looks like by the XP graph.

I'm also gonna guess that NP was one of those NPs that Ults every CD all game and pushes the lanes away so Spectre can't farm them.

JC Sera

Yeah, I've been trying to get my team to push with me mid-game because we totally can but they often won't for whatever reasons. I usually get a ton of kills early-mid game but then I'm useless once the other team gets any significant damage up.
Juggs has been pretty frustrating in my 6.85 games, cause while were fighting 4 of their team somewhere else, he's solo killing our tier 2 with his MoM/Deso and healing ward

and then the next team fight its our racks

however #2Klyfe

I'm also gonna guess that NP was one of those NPs that Ults every CD all game and pushes the lanes away so Spectre can't farm them.
Gyro aghs+Silencer+Zeus+NP+Spectre=Failed Global Strat

Just don't bother with Aghs jugg if you are the team's core because while good it can get countered pretty easily with all the goddamn items in this game (glimmer and other shit) and they can just group and reduce the damage from it too. Better get other items.

that's no throw bro 5k now is pretty much nothing since one battle can swing that shit all over the other side lol

Just don't bother with Aghs jugg if you are the team's core because while good it can get countered pretty easily with all the goddamn items in this game (glimmer and other shit) and they can just group and reduce the damage from it too. Better get other items.

I never understood people rushing Aghs on a Core Jugg in this day and age. It's exclusively good for solo kills, because if you're in a team fight odds are you will at best crit for ~250 damage pre reduction and it's just not worth it. Just get some stats or a deso first then 2nd item Aghs for mucho damage.

I never understood people rushing Aghs on a Core Jugg in this day and age. It's exclusively good for solo kills, because if you're in a team fight odds are you will at best crit for ~250 damage pre reduction and it's just not worth it. Just get some stats or a deso first then 2nd item Aghs for mucho damage.

they still stuck in the jugg meta

This looks more like a failed nigma global strat to me
Even Gyro has aghs

To be fair they weren't very good, even with me doing nothing for the first 5 mins due to lag spikes and leading to Steve lane to completely fall apart, these guys were all over the place, no coordination for a strat like that to work.

lol I think it was my skill bracket the one to blame for this ez stack.

JC Sera

To be fair they weren't very good, even with me doing nothing for the first 5 mins due to lag spikes and leading to Steve lane to completely fall apart, these guys were all over the place, no coordination for a strat like that to work.

lol I think it was my skill bracket the one to blame for this ez stack.
I have never ever ever ever been guilty of trying this out with friends, and this being the result.

Never.

Ever.
blink.gif

TUSR

Banned

steve's illusions were bugged/erroring out

me and es were being dumb fucks

Mordeccai

Nobody answered this, so I'm going to repost it on the new page. Anyone?

stack dat attack speed. Pop MoM before you ulti.

Lifesteal is nice for jungling but you can also skip MoM and heal up with ward if you dont want to get nuked to death. I like getting some early attack speed with treads and maelstrom into mjolnir and bfly. AFAIK once you get your attack speed to 0.4 seconds you get extra hits in during your ultimate.

steve's illusions were bugged/erroring out

me and es were being dumb fucks

Were they? I should pay more attention then, didn't noticed a thing.

I have never been a fan of MoM on jugg, unless you feel confident enough to finish the game very early, it's just a big waste of an item IMO

you cant buy a mango and give it to him. You can use a mango on him by ctrl clicking on it and then clicking on him.

hold ctrl+mango/clarity/tango/salve/bottle slot and click on your ally

Regen items including Mangos, Healing Salves, Clarities, and Tangos are not sharable by dragging them to someone else, giving them the item. Instead the only way to share it is to use it on them.

Salves, Clarities, and Mangos now work where you have to hit Ctrl+Item key to use it on someone else. Just press the item key once to use it on yourself. Yeah, I hate it, myself and everyone I know have had tons of mishaps with Salves, Clarities, and Mangos.

Tangos are different though, as all you have to do is use one like you normally would on your teammate and it gives them one of your tango charges. However the shared tangos have a 60s cooldown.

Thanks guys!

Saprol

uncontrollable feeding midgame. always messed them up right outside our base though for whatever reason. not even in tower range.

two shadow blades and mirana ult. buying all the sentry moogles and dust
venge-greed.gif

Auteezy

Banned

Build better items so you don't become useless

Hylian7

Well in 2k pubs it works like this
1) Is there a lina/qop on the enemy team? If no, pick juggs
2) Get farm & life steal
3) Move to radiant jungle to farm and occasionally get rune
4) Use ur ult & spin to win to solo kill a poor lonesome support trying to get a rune
5) u rosh

edit: I forgot step 6)

snowball out of control as a tower siege machine

stack dat attack speed. Pop MoM before you ulti.

Lifesteal is nice for jungling but you can also skip MoM and heal up with ward if you dont want to get nuked to death. I like getting some early attack speed with treads and maelstrom into mjolnir and bfly. AFAIK once you get your attack speed to 0.4 seconds you get extra hits in during your ultimate.

I haven't tried Maelstrom/Mjollnir yet. I might have to give that one a try.

I haven't rushed Aghs, it's usually been like 3rd item for me.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1848524958 - We couldn't deal with the WR here. I was going for Aghs but realized that may not have been the best idea and MKB would have been better. Still probably wouldn't have finished it in time though.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1848276394 - Great early game, but then the Invoker was doing work for their team, and then of course the AM got farmed and was difficult to contend with.
Also look what level Techies is.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1846084093 - Waited too long to push and win and got Spectre'd. This one I feel we would have won if our whole team pushed.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1843972686 - Another close one, but the Slark and Meepo just became too much.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1838591642 - I don't even want to talk about this one, I played poorly and the game was a disaster.

Basically like people are saying, I feel like you have to play Jugg like Chen now and try to end in 30 minutes. It's definitely not the age of Jugg right now, that's for damn sure.

Auteezy

Banned
Some carries just beat other throughout different phases of the game that's just dota. Juggernaut can still be the late game machine he was before it's just that with buffs to a hero such as Spectre it's riskier to build up for the late game as Jugg and better to go for an early push around healing ward and aegis. Situational carry pickups like jugg now don't have just 1 autopilot build like the old days, you gotta build to your teams strengths and other teams weaknesses. I'm sure vs a spec you are going to want efficient stat items to help you push like a drums or vlads + sny or deso. But if you're against some weaker late game lineup nothing wrong with going a midas build or something super greedy even the old mom manta basher skadi build is still good. Aghs is pretty much a no unless you are some sort of goofy offlane jugg and it's your first item and have 2 other decently scaling cores.

Jugg is still legit, he just isn't autopilot anymore. That's just my humble opinion as a former top 100 juggernaut on dotabuff. One day people are going to start to realize it's not only about what items you buy, but also what timing in the game you are able to buy it. And by timing I don't mean minute but timing relative to the pace/itemization of the game.

kionedrik

Is there any consensus on how to skill ogre in 6.85? 4-1-4 or 1-4-4? Bloodlust seems too good now to not max, at least, second.

Better global strategy around spectre should have tree and AA with her. Haunting in after a late game AA ultimate that connected to 4-5 is basically going to get everyone. Also you have tree for heals and if he has aghs the global overgrowth will hold them in place.

well, if you have them in a tri laning then you have leech seed + vortex + cold touch + treant right click + specter Q. that can zone out any offlaner i think (except clock?)

I'm talking more mid/late game. And even then that lane doesn't sound too exciting. Alright but eh..

edit : lol if this brad muir thing gets me banned

I'm talking more mid/late game. And even then that lane doesn't sound too exciting. Alright but eh..

edit : lol if this brad muir thing gets me banned

well treant ulti would a perfect setup for ice blast and hold enemies in place unable to heal will getting burned and sliced by specter and her illusions. i think it could be pretty good, just need the other 2 heroes to have some stuns.

and that brad muir comment will probably get you banned

Oh well I guess we'll see

French team in open qualifiers got disqualified because one of them couldn't connect
laugh.gif

Apparently they trash talked the enemy team yesterday too

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wonder if that No Logic Gaming team will keep doing well. It actually has a pretty good Roster. Excalibur and Niqua to start with, and they have players from LC and PR.

manfestival

Seems like the majority of my losses are in close games and then for some reason 1-2 people get caught while the enemy team is pushing instead of defending and then boom 1-2 rax are gone and we cant recover
kunk-rum.gif

Seems like the majority of my losses are in close games and then for some reason 1-2 people get caught while the enemy team is pushing instead of defending and then boom 1-2 rax are gone and we cant recover
kunk-rum.gif

"it's not my fault if I died solo while pushing mid without buyback, you were all shit anyway"
every time

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I swear at least half the base defenses I'm the only one with buyback. At least I can still exploit the fact the enemy also normally doesn't have buyback.

Top Bottom