• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

inkls

I'd argue that buyback can also promote more aggressive behaviors since teams will take fights knowing they can buyback.

Look at lol, constant disengages, but also teams avoid fights for a big part of the game because if they die its basically over.

I swear at least half the base defenses I'm the only one with buyback. At least I can still exploit the fact the enemy also normally doesn't have buyback.
No one knows what buy back is in 2k. I think I lost more games for people not having a tp than people not having buy back.

"it's not my fault if I died solo while pushing mid without buyback, you were all shit anyway"
every time

I can relate to this, "I was alone because you didn't come with me" from people who won't say a word until we are already on a big disadvantage thanks to him.

As a former 1k player you can make it out! Just so you can get into the awfulness that is 2k mmr

Rarely bother playing ranked since I lost a long friend from the WC3 days to it, he got so mad at me for misscasting a shallow grave resulting in his death, he abandoned the game and proceeded to block me from every single website I had him on, haven't heard from him since then. Just don't enjoy the way people are waiting with a knife ready to stab you for the smallest mistake.
happy.gif

kionedrik

I'd argue that buyback can also promote more aggressive behaviors since teams will take fights knowing they can buyback.

Can't that also work the other way? Imagine you manage to get a solo pick-off on a key target, like their carry for instance, and expend 1 or 2 big ultis. You proceed to march down one lane and pressure high-ground since you have the number advantage but if the dead enemy buys back you will, or should, immediately disengage.

You can argue that you made an economic dent on the enemy but objectively you achieved zero with your aggression and the enemy bought some time to farm up some more.

inkls

Can't that also work the other way? Imagine you manage to get a solo pick-off on a key target, like their carry for instance, and expend 1 or 2 big ultis. You proceed to march down one lane and pressure high-ground since you have the number advantage but if the dead enemy buys back you will, or should, immediately disengage.

You can argue that you made an economic dent on the enemy but objectively you achieved zero with your aggression and the enemy bought some time to farm up some more.

yeah, but I still think its better than no fight at all. Usually unless you're sieging rax you're gonna get an objective even if they buyback, like a tower or rosh.

Also, anyone know who won in empire vs mff in the qualifiers? The faceit website doesn't work for me

nvm found it

How about a "no buyback" window right after dying ? Say one second per level or maybe half a second per level ? At level 20 that would be 10 seconds of "fuck you no buyback for you"

Or give a harsher penalty for dying back, even if it's 10 minutes after buyback. Just waiting the 5' counter down is bullshit.

inkls

How about a "no buyback" window right after dying ? Say one second per level or maybe half a second per level ? At level 20 that would be 10 seconds of "fuck you no buyback for you"

Or give a harsher penalty for dying back, even if it's 10 minutes after buyback. Just waiting the 5' counter down is bullshit.

they already also changed the gold you get from buying back to be only 40% of any gold source (including gold from hero kills). So a buyback triple kill or more won't make an as big gold swing as it used to be

Also more reasons to play aghs necro
necro-gum.gif

they already also changed the gold you get from buying back to be only 40% of any gold source (including gold from hero kills). So a buyback triple kill or more won't make an as big gold swing as it used to be

necro-gum.gif

Honestly doesn't matter when the defending team has to spend 2 buybacks to wipe the enemy team and then force them to ALL buyback for nothing because then you just have to disengage and assert map control until you get aegis or your important ults off cooldown...

gai_shain

Honestly doesn't matter when the defending team has to spend 2 buybacks to wipe the enemy team and then force them to ALL buyback for nothing because then you just have to disengage and assert map control until you get aegis or your important ults off cooldown...

thats why you try to end the game before people save for buybacks

Russ T

Banned
you know what ruins dota more than buyback

auto-attacking

it's just too mindless and makes the game so easy why would anyone want it

Is there an item (outside of boots), more core on a hero than BoTs on Tinker?

The closest I can get is Blink for Batrider and Sand King, those heroes perform at like 50%(maybe even less) without their Blink. I thought of adding Puck to the list but he can still do a lot just using his orb for initiation.

Chris R

necro-gum.gif

Played against Aghs Necro last night, they never landed a ult after buying aghs lol. We were 10k down at 20 minutes, came back and won since they let our SF and (15 min bootless) Spectre farm back into the game. 'twas a silly affair

inkls

yeah or batrider for that matter
turn it off against tiny pretty much
craggy should stun when attack hits, not as it starts

i'm surprised it wasn't included in the other changes that they made on similar passives like timbersaw, axe and centaur's in 6.84

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
buyback is one of the better things about dota.

Yeah, in the past the problem was you'd buyback, win a fight, and get a free positive gain of like 1-2k gold. The new 60% penalty to all gold coming in after buyback has really made it a last resort kind of thing which is great. You're going to come out with less gold 99.5% of the time, but you may have to bite the bullet to defend your base or go for the win.

shira

Hats update

Treasure of the Seer's Eyeglass
The treasure chest is priced at $2.49 and includes the following sets.
The Roiling Surge: Morphling
Bindings of the Galvanized Spark: Disruptor
Stargazer's Curiosity: Rubick
Lord of the Vicious Plains: Centaur Warrunner
Onyx Fume: Doom
Steamcutter: Timbersaw | Rare Drop

grats bro

my cs go skin thirst is basically done now, snagged all the remaining skins I wanted last night eZ. my guns all pretty now; i can begin the road to global so i can be like freakinchair sorislut-god

all I got is shitty purples

I need to step up my skin game

TUSR

Banned
my cs go skin thirst is basically done now, snagged all the remaining skins I wanted last night eZ. my guns all pretty now; i can begin the road to global so i can be like freakinchair sorislut-god

i think once i get a good ak, m4a1-s, awp, and knife skin ill stop

Chris R

100,000 USD min with a 4 star hotel?

I like the idea of rider that tournaments must agree too, but lets not get too far ahead of ourselves here guys.

Top Bottom