• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Pratfall

actually, who do people feel are the strongest supports this patch? I'd like to get back to doing some solo q support and want some go to picks.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
is the clicking on enemy heroes 'issue' with reborn real or imagined? it definitely feels way fucking harder to me now.

actually, who do people feel are the strongest supports this patch? I'd like to get back to doing some solo q support and want some go to picks.
Dazzle was great last patch then he got buffed! Omni too
Those are your defensive supports
For offensive SS, ogre
WW is a mix and also great

is the clicking on enemy heroes 'issue' with reborn real or imagined? it definitely feels way fucking harder to me now.
Too many people have been having issues with it, I don't think it's a perception thing, 6.85 started it.

Winter Wyvern
Ogre
Omni(for pubs anyway)

I think Shadow Shaman and Treant should be good too but I have no evidence.

Satch

Banned
the clicking thing was happening before 6.85 for me

reborn went from ignoring my inputs to doubling my inputs (making me buy duplicates of items) back to ignoring inputs

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the clicking thing was happening before 6.85 for me

reborn went from ignoring my inputs to doubling my inputs (making me buy duplicates of items) back to ignoring inputs

i swear it's just really finnicky about where you click. like, the hero 'hitbox' feels way less forgiving.

Strider

First time booting up the game since 6.85. New start menu looks much better and so glad the featured section of the heroes tab isn't the default anymore.

But someone tell me how to play Ogre Magi since it's supposedly so good now. Skill build, items, etc? I haven't tried that hero since the very first month I played Dota and I had no idea what I was doing.

TUSR

Banned
Source 2 seems to magnify issues with inputs when you have higher latency.

Previously I never had issues with USE, but now it seems like my inputs are being eaten or are slower to register.

Also, my ISP routing is awful.

Quesa

I'm also having trouble clicking, actually getting my dude to attack dudes, and accidentally clinking on wards or allied units. Didn't seem to happen as much on the old client.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I'm also having trouble clicking, actually getting my dude to attack dudes, and accidentally clinking on wards or allied units. Didn't seem to happen as much on the old client.

Yep. This is a big issue for me. Especially when two creeps are right next to each other, or two heroes, or a mix of the two--it's a nightmare to click on the right target. Hitboxes in general seem off or something idk.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I seem to have a huge issue aggro switching in reborn, maybe it is because I am having issues a-clicking the creeps. Takes me at least 2~3 times before it happens.

This is getting frustrating, been playing 10 v 10 lately and sometimes I barely can move without clicking on an allied unit, but like you said, for some reason it feels like it's easier or more sensitive clicking on allies than trying to manually attack an enemy.

Low Tier
ok honestly heres a list of the break-out heroes so far from my experiences in matchmaking (5k-6k average games)

Doom
ck
lich
ursa
bane
enigma
OD

and then heres heros that were always good but now with lesh lina and storm knocked down a tier they're spotlight

sf
ta
ember
gyro

ok honestly heres a list of the break-out heroes so far from my experiences in matchmaking (5k-6k average games)

Doom
ck
lich
ursa
bane
enigma
OD

and then heres heros that were always good but now with lesh lina and storm knocked down a tier they're spotlight

sf
ta
ember
gyro

why is OD good now?

inkls

Doom
ck
lich
ursa
bane
enigma
OD

sf
ta
ember
gyro

what about batrider? Did the buffs do anything for him?

kionedrik

LSA dmg is decent nerf, and Euls hit her too.

100 pure dmg is also quite noticeable.

I forgot about euls. That nerf is much bigger than any other nerfs she got.

I still think her problem is fiery soul and not any of her other spells or items. She wasn't nerfed nearly enough

Low Tier
i honestly havent seen bat played yet. on paper he seems ownage an i think alliance did a cute max q and w build on him mid. Im sure hes good I just hated bat+doom meta

jakiro was always decent, im sure hes playable now in comps.

aghs undying is fun but i seldom see it online and in use.

inkls

I thought S4 had put 2 points in napalm, then one point in flamebreak, then maxed firefly and flamebreak before maxing napalm.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Why's lich so much better? Just the sacrifice change?

The sacrifice change and the extra speed on the Ult projectile are both really great changes IMO. The sac change is obviously great, but that projectile speed is noticeable enough that it is sometimes the difference between getting that Ult bounce you need for the great play and it whiffing and hitting 1 hero. Maybe I'm biased because I play Lich quite a bit and really notice it, but I'm super happy with the changes to Lich.

Count me in too for general hitbox issues. I thought it was just a combination of being rusty/worse but I guess the clicking is a little weird.

Pratfall

i think the very solid thing about lich in this patch is that he can play in dual lanes (either off or safe) and helps the mid with initial creep equilibrium.

also he gets levels ez

Why's lich so much better? Just the sacrifice change?

New sacrifice change means you can stay in lane and just deny right in front of the enemy.

I mean you can just use E so you heavily win XP in lane and then Q everytime it's off cooldown and it's really easy to get kills in lane

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Yep. This is a big issue for me. Especially when two creeps are right next to each other, or two heroes, or a mix of the two--it's a nightmare to click on the right target. Hitboxes in general seem off or something idk.
Yep yep. Heroes in creep waves are a nightmare for me now. Can't click them for shit.

inkls

who would have thought source engine games have hitbox issues EleGiggle PogChamp FailFish

using
PogChamp.png
in a scenario where
DansGame.png
BrokeBack.png
or
WutFace.png
is more appropriate.

SMH

what do they teach you in school you pleb

Artanisix

Utility alch mid feels very strong and is much better than carry Alchemist. He also wins in lane against Ember and TA. I've done it several times and have had it done in my solo queue games as well.

Lich is extremely good in offlane dual lane. Slardar is also an even better offlaner than he used to be. Nightstalker is also really good in offlane. Earth Spirit is still broke as shit.

Top Bottom