• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Auteezy

Banned
so im trying to branch out of dota 2 for a little while (AND NOT BUY THAT BLASTED COMPENDIUM UNLESS THEY SELL LOTS OF EMOTICONS). Can anyone help me decide on a game to buy with my next paycheck? I completely missed out on games this year because I had a crappy job till recently. Was thinking of either witcher 3, MGS5, bloodborne, or disgaea 5.
thinking.gif

? Dota 2 is the pinnacle of video gaming. Please take your money and invest in compendium sets and infusers. No other game in existence bar goldeneye has near the replay value of Dota 2. Playing a new role in Dota is akin to playing an entirely different game!

Quesa

so im trying to branch out of dota 2 for a little while (AND NOT BUY THAT BLASTED COMPENDIUM UNLESS THEY SELL LOTS OF EMOTICONS). Can anyone help me decide on a game to buy with my next paycheck? I completely missed out on games this year because I had a crappy job till recently. Was thinking of either witcher 3, MGS5, bloodborne, or disgaea 5.
thinking.gif

Witcher 3.

Kade

thinking.gif

Gunbound

Holden

Witcher 3 >
Undertale >
Bloodborne >>>> MGS5

didn't play disgaea 5

All of them are worth full price, just mgs5 will leave you bad taste in your mouth if you are a mgs fan

Remove the strength bonus for centaurs ult and give him a passive that increases the damage of all his spells depending on how much Strength he has, allows him to become a damaging threat late game instead of just Mister ult and stun.

FACE

Banned
Anyone want some Humble Bundle games(only interested in skullgirls)?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1117526.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Chaos on Deponia -- MB-D34B96D49D315530 - Taken by kionedrik
Goodbye Deponia -- MB-06B4CC15EF4C0C12
Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut -- MB-E0B2CF3E2FC270AC - Taken by SilentRacoon
Gone Home -- MB-0511E114F40E6D7C - Taken by Gentle Rodriguez
Sir, You Are Being Hunted -- MB-DFBC1F4F7F7DCB40 - Taken by ink4n3
t1cxE6r.gif
Planetary Annihilation -- MB-E4796ADCCF8004E7 - Taken by Deadly
Xenonauts -- MB-C9B65FA7DE8FA8B0 - Taken by JawesomeJaw
Deponia -- MB-A1ACD9D3BCA9A216 - Taken by lazyproblems

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
whee servers issues, just had to abandon a game because i was sf mid (AR) and i had 60% packet loss

now i had the failure to connect issue at the ready up screen and i have to wait 10 minutes to play again

reborn is such a good client i wish the whiny crybabies would just shut up!!!

bbd23

thinking.gif

Witcher 3

MGS 5 is not even a MGS game
cm-kiss.gif

Russ T

Banned
Witcher 3

MGS 5 is not even a MGS game
cm-kiss.gif

Man, it's true.

It's a really great game in general and has some MGS moments, but it's so light on story, it's kinda sad. ): You can tell it's unfinished as fuck. (Speaking as someone who's only 22 missions in. Maybe it gets better.)

Man, it's true.

It's a really great game in general and has some MGS moments, but it's so light on story, it's kinda sad. ): You can tell it's unfinished as fuck. (Speaking as someone who's only 22 missions in. Maybe it gets better.)
Lmao it doesn't

It only gets worse

thinking.gif
Soma!

lmao smurfing is the single most irrelevant thing in Dota. Who even cares.

edit: My main Acc queues quite a bit lower than my smurf. Haven't played that one since early-mid 2014.

kionedrik

I have played 14 games in 6.85, won 6 of which 5 games were Windrunner games. I'm 1-8 when I don't pick her.

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/180637124/matches?date=patch_6.85&hero=&skill_bracket=&lobby_type=&game_mode=&region=&faction=&duration=&timezone=Etc%2FUTC

This patch hasn't been kind to me. 11% winrate without Windrunner picks lmao.

Luna, Kunkka, Balanar and Bone Fletcher are pretty good this patch.
Pick Ogre if you feel like giving no fucks
I'm still on the fence regarding CK

kunkka is garbo and always will be unless you're stomping like shit
balanar is too all in imo
clinkz and luna are aight

Yeah. I mean, it was more down to the fact that the MMR in our stack was all over the place. I just invited random people from my local chat and they ranged from 300 MMR (the Huskar in the Sniper game) to about 2.2k or something. Sometimes, I felt like the huge MMR spread (I literally have 4k MMR on that Husk) made for not entirely balanced games. I also threw some games so I can't really be that upset. Statistically, losing periods are to be expected so w/e.

Often, it felt like I could not commit any mistakes at all because everyone was so insanely reliant on me doing well. Obviously, I'll crack under the pressure once in a while. The enemy team often had a bigger margin of error they could afford.

M.D

you're at the beginning? add me and if you need any help doing something just hit me up. lk_psytr

fuck dota, just played a 90 minutes game, i still won but it was tiring as fuck.

This is my first character
Not sure what you mean at the beginning, I have missions for my level ;p

I have 2 strikes that I've yet to do, but they're for level 15-16, not sure if you can join or if it will scale if you're higher? It's the House of Wolves and The Nexus
I'll add you when I turn on the PS4

Chris R

? Dota 2 is the pinnacle of video gaming. Please take your money and invest in compendium sets and infusers. No other game in existence bar goldeneye has near the replay value of Dota 2. Playing a new role in Dota is akin to playing an entirely different game!

I like to have games I can play by myself so I'm not raging at the total idiots I've been paird with for an hour sometimes.

I was playing some skate on the 360 since THPS V came out and got me wanting to play skateboarding games again, so much smoother than the PS3 version (fuck all those online achievements tho)

Hylian7

return is already a poor man's dispersion, what does changing it to be more like a poor man's dispersion achieve

I think people overlook the differences between Dispersion and Return. Dispersion doesn't cancel blinks, while Return only hits the attacker and does cancel blinks. On top of that, Centaur isn't going to be carrying through Return because it doesn't block any damage. Dispersion still gives Spectre that sustain with the damage blocking in addition to the Dispersion hitting everyone around her. If Dispersion cancelled blinks, it would be OP as all hell because one person hitting her would screw the entire team over. With Return, it only does this to the attacker. Plus there's the fact that Return only affects attacks and not spells.

t0rment

This is my first character
Not sure what you mean at the beginning, I have missions for my level ;p

I have 2 strikes that I've yet to do, but they're for level 15-16, not sure if you can join or if it will scale if you're higher? It's the House of Wolves and The Nexus
I'll add you when I turn on the PS4

yeah i can join in those strikes. it can be hard to find people playing those low level missions, you can invite me when i'm on.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I think people overlook the differences between Dispersion and Return. Dispersion doesn't cancel blinks, while Return only hits the attacker and does cancel blinks. On top of that, Centaur isn't going to be carrying through Return because it doesn't block any damage. Dispersion still gives Spectre that sustain with the damage blocking in addition to the Dispersion hitting everyone around her. If Dispersion cancelled blinks, it would be OP as all hell because one person hitting her would screw the entire team over. With Return, it only does this to the attacker. Plus there's the fact that Return only affects attacks and not spells.

so...poor man's dispersion

Hylian7

Wat.
Double wat.

Exactly, it's silly two spells that share one aspect in common yet do so much else different, such as Return and Dispersion.

In the Magic Missile vs Primal Roar thing:

Similar

They're both a stun

Different

Primal Roar has a much longer cooldown and duration

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i mean if you want to do it like that

dispersion
+ aoe damage
+ lowers incoming damage
+ deals same damage type