• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I use F1 Though F5, and F for Item 6. On my keyboard the Function Keys are pretty easy to hit, only F5 tends needs me to lift my hand to hit.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I use F1 Though F5, and F for Item 6. On my keyboard the Function Keys are pretty easy to hit, only F5 tends needs me to lift my hand to hit.

Russ T

Banned
I'm also using quick cast now and haven't felt a need to rebind mid-game. Certain heroes would demand it no doubt, just not the ones I play.

I use quickcast and I love it.

It's kind of annoying with some things, though, like double-tap teleport on Nature's Prophet to tp home just doesn't work.

DrPizza

Banned
I use quickcast and I love it.

It's kind of annoying with some things, though, like double-tap teleport on Nature's Prophet to tp home just doesn't work.

I use quickcast, with alt-keys for regular cast. alt-double-tap self casts.

misery gonna get the boot

idk, I think Archon have shown how stupid it is to change your team line-up after the deadline.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
kirby is truly a reprehensible human being

he used to play tf2 with a TRACKBALL

no, kirby, i will never ever let that go

I liked my Trackball. I would get a new one if they made a higher DPI model. Old one just isn't good at 1080p and up.

TUSR

Banned
Jake Walker ‏@BelvedereDota 8m8 minutes ago
Dota 2 is getting in-game tournament brackets. Thank fuck!

ihl3 ticket never

I've been constantly changing these bindings. I'm more comfortable switching treads when my hotkeys is on number 3 than on C. But control groups in F3 and F4 is kinda annoying.
LbZ4Nft.png

3t5IlsC.png

Hylian7

it was bullshit for people with ALT item bindings

This exactly. That change should have been a checkbox in the options in the first place.

Re: Bindings

I used to ALT bind but I've since switched to Mouse4/Space/VZXC.

I encourage people to give it a few games, because it's a noticeable improvement in speed once you get used to it (which I still am not, entirely. I would like to rebind V to something further away from ZXC).

I'm also using quick cast now and haven't felt a need to rebind mid-game. Certain heroes would demand it no doubt, just not the ones I play.

(Mouse4, Space and V are also quick cast)
Over the first few months I started playing Dota, I tried different item bindings including ZXCVBN, 123456, and even the awful default numpad bindings. I had even tried stuff like WASD camera for like, two games and hated it. None quite stuck with me like Alt+QWEASD. At worst I accidentally ping while playing Tinker, but I rarely mistakes that are due to my fingers not moving properly on the keys. Mouse4 isn't open to me as I use that for voice chat, neither is space as that is for jumping to an alert on the map. Number keys is bad because you need those for control groups.

As for other options, for the most part no item bindings are better than others, and all the regen change did was fuck over people with Alt, and people that were used to the old way for years and years, with no real reason to change it.

Regarding quick cast, I have tried it and never liked it. I have to have the feedback from the clicks on my spells, not having it really throws me off. On top of that, I like to be able to see AoEs and use the range finder, all of which quick cast takes away.

Top Bottom