• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

JC Sera

I can't figure out if Nintendo has any worthwhile characters that aren't already in Smash
EEtLXeb.jpg

You're a Kid now, You're a Squid now.

Aselith

-Haven't played in four months

-First game back

-Everyone speaks Spanish

-gg call five minutes in

-everyone calls everyone idiots for losing/winning in Spanish

-infrequent/nonexistant warding

tumblr_nmwxuoVJaB1qk6mq4o1_r1_500.gif

They have a large roster left that would make unique fighters. Like Issac from Golden Sun off the top of my head, I don't think there is anything wrong with taking characters from something as new as Shovel Knight, but its not like there is no more good Nintendo Characters left.

Personally, I'd love to see some of Konami's stuff. Something like Bomberman or one of the Whip Using Castlevania characters would be great additions.

PACHINKO MACHINE ENTERS THE FRAY

rac

Banned
why are you guys talking about smash that game is the worst shit ever

worse than every bad dota gameplay update combined

Satch

Banned
I think her having 2 rib cages is weirder.

omfg................................................................ this is so crazy, i never really thought about this before

like do centaur things have 2 hearts? 2 sets of lungs? what is in the other ribcage

aeolist

Banned
pleasantly surprised that alliance isn't out of it yet

though i don't want them to qualify just to see them get dunked on in the event

inkls

Anyone know how to use source filmmaker 2 with dota? I downloaded the workshop tools dlc, but i wasn't able to load the normal map and didn't figure out how to film stuff compared to the source 1 filmmaker.

aeolist

Banned
dendi shackling himself to xboct is the biggest tragedy in the game right now

he and sonneiko are the only decent players on the team right now

dendi shackling himself to xboct is the biggest tragedy in the game right now

I mean, they're all making a lot of money. Don't cry for any of them.

That said, dendi shackling himself to Xbox was the single worst decision he's ever made as a professional. You can always play with your friends without them being on your pro team. He needed to let Xbox go and he needs to do so now to save the future of the NaVi brand. Though they have more problems than just at the 1 position now. There was a time when their roster really *just* needed a 1 replacement. Now they need 2 or 3 replacements and a cultural change entirely.

Meh I don't find Dendi impressive at all. Easily one of the weaker mids among pro teams at the moment.
Hardly. He consistently wins his lane. Something on the order of 7 times out of 10, even with mediocre hero assignments. Put a group of solid players around him and some of those lane performances would more smoothly transition into mid and late game wins. Dendi hasn't had good help since Puppey and kky left and that's a fact.

Hardly. He consistently wins his lane. Something on the order of 7 times out of 10, even with mediocre hero assignments.

wat. How is this even remotely accurate? He draws even in like 5 out of 10 and loses the other 5 and then gets outfarmed in virtually every game and is left with off lane farm on a position 2. Literally every game. Eternal Envy said, he wouldn't pick Dendi up.

I mean let's be real and I can't emphasize it enough - he gets outfarmed by the enemy mid in almost every game. How he is supposed to be a good mid in 6.85 is beyond me.

He's not a farming mid which is fair enough because FATA und lately S4 (both of whom I consider space making mids) have had enough success. Dendi just ain't on their level. FATA in particular is clearly the best space making mid in the western scene. Dendi is nowhere close.

If Dendi ain't an average pro mid, who is? Every pro has some qualities else they wouldn't make a living off of it but let's be reasonable. Looking at the top 15-20 teams I'm not sure if I'd put Dendi ahead of any of their mid players.

aeolist

Banned
wat. How is this even remotely accurate? He draws even in like 5 out of 10 and loses the other 5 and then gets outfarmed in virtually every game and is left with off lane farm on a position 2. Literally every game. Eternal Envy said, he wouldn't pick Dendi up.

I mean let's be real and I can't emphasize it enough - he gets outfarmed by the enemy mid in almost every game. How he is supposed to be a good mid in 6.85 is beyond me.

He's not a farming mid which is fair enough because FATA und lately S4 (both of whom I consider space making mids) have had enough success. Dendi just ain't on their level. FATA in particular is clearly the best space making mid in the western scene. Dendi is nowhere close.

If Dendi ain't an average pro mid, who is? Every pro has some qualities else they wouldn't make a living off of it but let's be reasonable. Looking at the top 15-20 teams I'm not sure if I'd put Dendi ahead of any of their mid players.

so much is dependent on the team tho. it's easy to say dendi sucks when his team feeds and the overfarmed/overleveled supports then come and gank him mid.

i don't think he's amazing or top 5 anymore but he consistently does as well as you could possibly expect given the rest of na'vi.

dendi is good
navi need to get a better carry, more consistent at least, also stick to the meta and play more disciplined if they want to do something

The time when everybody sucked balls so you could dive and get away with it is over

Dendi and Xboct have been the only players who have been consistently on Navi's roster since TI3. How can he not be part of the problem? Every Navi team since late 2013 has been underwhelming. Hell, they kicked FNG which turned out a blessing in disguise for the boy as he plays for a way better team now and is arguably a more valuable player than anyone on Navi. Not even he managed make the look good.

I challenge everyone to just look at any of Liquid's recent games and analyze how FATA manages to acquire farm on a consistent basis regardless of whether he's on a space making mid or not and regardless of whether the game is going well or not. Dendi and FATA have somewhat similar hero pools (Dendi plays Invoker, FATA prefers BM and so forth but there is definitely overlap) and similar-ish styles. There is no excuse.

Navi is precisely his level at the moment. No shame in that either as everybody is past prime at some point.

Top Bottom