• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

I love seeing AA picked, but not w 3 melee.... Chilling touch is so much better with ranged heros.

I love aa vs 3 melee. yeah group up nice tight around my specter to take her down.. BOOM easy ice blast
4Head.png

Acinixys

I don't really know what your hours are, but when I had jobs I would still get at least two games in a day on weekdays, and a lot more than that on weekends. Granted I had 8 hour days and 40 hour weeks though.

lol

Since I started working again in clocking 55+ Hours a week, plus working Saturdays and Sundays

Murica at least has nice working hours I guess. Pity about all the gun nuts. And Trump

this shining sunshine dude is so stupid and delusional like wow

rofl

League mechanics are far more complex than you think, and Faker has been the one pioneering the complexity of a lot of gameplays, constantly surprising the Riot themselves.

Much like how BoxeR did that for Starcraft.
"surprise the riot themselves"
laugh.gif

add "smash is a platformer" on top of that rofl

All I'm getting out of that thread is the Faker transformation gif. When will dota have sick cgi animations of people turning into their signature heroes??????

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Dota 2's payer promos are still light years behind league's.

Dota 2 anime starring EE/RTZ wen?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That's the harvest weather effect from the TI5 compendium.

It's the best weather.

Hylian7

I just had the most 2k mmr game I've had in a while

this is how it started out

It continued on with a blink dagger, mec drow ranger and lasted an hour with a bunch of dumb shit happening in it http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1857937551
Wasn't there a Drow and Lina mid together in the "This is Dota" video Valve put out for TI5? So it begins...

I had a match last night where the LC on the other team went something like 0/12, clearly worse than everyone on her team and was saying "gg end quickly, I can't play with these stupid foreigners" There was a point she got away with no health, but I was paying attention to something going on in a different part of the map and Haunted as Spectre, picking up the LC kill with my illusion without realizing it. EZ double kill.

Point is LC's team was much better and still played fairly competently, while she spent the whole game blaming then for everything.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'm having a crisis of conscience.

I used to stay up until midnight or later almost every night playing Dota after my family went to sleep. I started a new job about a month ago, and it's exhausting. I have been going to bed much earlier without any time to play games at all. So I've only played 10 games or so of Dota in the past month. Before this new job, I probably would have played 100 games in a month.

So now that I don't have time to play games much anymore, the amount of time and money I've invested into Dota seems crazy. At this point I basically have a maximum of 4 hours a week to play games (sometimes not even that), and that's not nearly enough to develop my Dota skills, and once I actually get better, it won't be enough to keep those skills sharp.

I've also had a love-hate relationship with Dota in the past, as some of you know. There are times the game makes me angrier than pretty much anything in my life.

So I'm thinking about quitting altogether, dumping all my items, and uninstalling.

The sucky part is that I still think Dota is a fantastic game. It might be the best game ever made in my book. I just don't have the time or energy to devote to it.

Not sure what to do. Argh.
After a long break it's really hard to get back into it given how many hours and how many 'not really fun' matches you go back into. I don't have the patience for it given how much less free time I have now.
Most so because I dont have a nice stack to play with.

Me:
zl23ZYV.png

JC Sera

After a long break it's really hard to get back into it given how many hours and how many 'not really fun' matches you go back into. I don't have the patience for it given how much less free time I have now.
Most so because I dont have a nice stack to play with.

Me:
[CUT]
If you're in normal rank try Undying+Aghs

also maybe ask someone from dota gaf?
We have a channel up

Hylian7

the more I play this patch the more I'm not sure I like it... it almost feels like the return of deathball in some cases.
I don't think so. A variety of strategies are still in. If anything this patch feels like a 6.84+, which isn't a bad thing since 6.84 was a good patch other than the Leshracs and Storms, and of course when the patch overstayed it's welcome.

An example of this is Undying, who was strong because of his early game power in 6.84. In 6.85, he is stronger later on (Aghs). He is still good early game, and I suppose he could "deathball" if he gets fed and gets a fast Aghs.

I don't feel like half of the hero pool is invalid. I don't feel like my team gets split pushed all game, but split pushing or "rat" is still viable, just not overpowered. This feels like the most "This is Dota" patch on a long time.

I don't think so. A variety of strategies are still in. If anything this patch feels like a 6.84+, which isn't a bad thing since 6.84 was a good patch other than the Leshracs and Storms, and of course when the patch overstayed it's welcome.

An example of this is Undying, who was strong because of his early game power in 6.84. In 6.85, he is stronger later on (Aghs). He is still good early game, and I suppose he could "deathball" if he gets fed and gets a fast Aghs.

I don't feel like half of the hero pool is invalid. I don't feel like my team gets split pushed all game, but split pushing or "rat" is still viable, just not overpowered. This feels like the most "This is Dota" patch on a long time.

This is pretty much how I feel about this patch, it brought old and new strats into the table, now you won't see the same 3 heroes picked in every single game because it doesn't feel like there is an auot-win draft anymore.

Quesa

By this time last year, we had huge changes to fundamental elements of the game, like the bounty and rosh changes. The good thing is that this patch won't last as long as the previous one, which will likely prevent it from going stale, which is exactly what you want from a stopgap patch.

#bringbacktechies

Ultrabum

By this time last year, we had huge changes to fundamental elements of the game, like the bounty and rosh changes. The good thing is that this patch won't last as long as the previous one, which will likely prevent it from going stale, which is exactly what you want from a stopgap patch.

#bringbacktechies

Fuck techies into the ground.

Top Bottom