• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrPizza

Banned
Oracle getting into CM might have something to do with the absurd Huskar nerf, there's now two heroes in CM that make him absolutely terrifying so the nerf might be pre-emptive.

With the additional nerf to Oracle, I'm not sure. Having an unstunnable unkillable Huskar for X seconds would have been brutal even with the nerf, but the Oracle nerf means he's no longer unstunnable.

Plus, Oracle doesn't let his health bottom out, so unless he ults when Huskar is already low, he's just stopping him from getting attack speed.

BearPawB

Banned
the winter wyvern nerf has to be the winner of most bullshit nerf of all time.

You definitely can't use it the same way, people just waste all their shit.
But it is great for running away, and i got some pretty satisfying kills with it.

But its purpose is now completley different and can totally fuck up a team fight if used wrong.
It was almost better for random pick offs when supports were standing next to their hard carry in the river and i caught them out.

DrPizza

Banned
But it is great for running away, and i got some pretty satisfying kills with it.

But its purpose is now completley different and can totally fuck up a team fight if used wrong

With the extra attack speed, larger AOE, and longer duration, it feels like it's better at its "true" purpose--getting the enemy team to kill one of their own members--but worse at its "secondary" purpose--an AOE stun.

But its purpose is now completley different and can totally fuck up a team fight if used wrong
Used to be a carry killing tool
Now a support killing tool
Garbage

shira

6icT02c.jpg

pompidu

Huskar, y?
Winter, y?
Oracle, y?
Earth in cm? Good lord, that will be fun to watch.
No blink dagger nerf, y?

Huskar, y?
I don't play huskar but he is such a unique hero, y the fuck destroy him.

Questionable patch.

now that I think about it..its a support killing tool that acts like a naga sleep. the buffed duration helps set up combos much easier 4.75 seconds...
still, a nerf to her int to mana cost of the ulti + the nerfs to cold embrace would have been enough imo

I just realized that this probably means the new ingame UI won't be happening for a while, unless they still have some surprises left in store, which I doubt.

Twookie

just got star wars spoiled whoop dee fucking doo

fuck the internet honestly

i hope it was fake but it probably isnt....

anyway, pls release patch volvorine

bounchfx

Aw shit man, is it time to stay off the net already? Not sure why they didn't have simultaneous worldwide release for a movie like this

kionedrik

The suggestion I've seen is that you get Dragon Lance on the way to BKB + Butterfly (since you can disassemble it), but for me the timings don't really make sense for that. The stats of the Dragon Lance are so bad that you don't want to keep the item for any real amount of time.

I was thinking that heroes with very low range might use it. Something like Luna, Storm, Gyro, Morph and (maybe) carry silencer.
All them can use the disassemble later and can take advantage of the range.

Other than these I can't think of any use for the item.

Twookie

Aw shit man, is it time to stay off the net already? Not sure why they didn't have simultaneous worldwide release for a movie like this

i got tickets for sw the 23rd, gonna be a long wait

but yeah internet is a dangerous place right now spoilerswise

stay safe friends

bbd23

i got tickets for sw the 23rd, gonna be a long wait

but yeah internet is a dangerous place right now spoilerswise

stay safe friends

im staying in the dota 2 thread. my tickets are on the 22nd

shouldnt be too bad with new patch + wca

TUSR

Banned

rofl im pretty sure i got spoiled on a major plot point in the NONspoiler thread

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
-no twitch chat
-no scrolling down reddit
-no gaf star wars threads
-muting all enemies in CS/dota immediately
-no twitter
-no facebook

gotta do that till i get to da theater

Gav47

I've never seen such a lust to spoil people as have to day
30 secs in twitch chat was enough to get the main plot points and ending of the force awakens, not that I particularly care, star wars is a bad franchise for bad people but goddamn its a sight to behold.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
-Fixed Heaven's Halberd and Silver Edge Maim debuff going through Spell Immunity

Aight so silver edge still has one counter lol, still going to be a great, legitimate item this patch.

Quesa

Okay ppd's patch analysis left me confused about Earth Spirit's scpeter change. The line says:

Geomagnetic Grip can now only pull allied heroes when using scepter

I interpreted this line as "you can no longer turn enemies to stone and pull them towards you when pulling rocks during scepter," but he interpreted it as "you can now only ever use grip on allies when you have scepter"

If it's the latter that's a much bigger nerf to him than I thought. Like "he won't see play in CM" big.

TUSR

Banned
im too busy studying for my last two finals to do anything else

except i fked up and read the nonspoiler thread last night rofl

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Okay ppd's patch analysis left me confused about Earth Spirit's scpeter change. The line says:

I interpreted this line as "you can no longer turn enemies to stone and pull them towards you when pulling rocks during scepter," but he interpreted it as "you can now only ever use grip on allies when you have scepter"

If it's the latter that's a much bigger nerf to him than I thought. Like "he won't see play in CM" big.

It's the latter I think and it was a very necessary nerf. Even if he won't see play at the beginning, it's better this way to buff his other spells until he does. He would have been more broken than 6.82 TB hitting CM and the ally grip was just frustrating as hell, not only was he the best initiator in the game and could shut down an entire team--but he'd also completely ruin any gank attempt and just pull low health allies out of fights. That's just fking dumb without some gold investment.

Also, update #5 in less than 24 hours? They are really trying to push this shit out, come on volvo, I believe!

DrPizza

Banned
I was thinking that heroes with very low range might use it. Something like Luna, Storm, Gyro, Morph and (maybe) carry silencer.
All them can use the disassemble later and can take advantage of the range.

Other than these I can't think of any use for the item.

Yeah, but a Luna or Gyro, say, would want to build BKB immediately, so they'd likely use up the Ogre Club and be left with a quarterstaff hanging around that they won't use until quite a bit later.

It would make more sense to me if it had been Ogre Club plus Blade of Alacrity, to use it as an alternative build-up to the S&Y, and then having S&Y retain the range bonus.

kionedrik

I think you can no longer pull allies, as in reverse force staff, without scepter. With scepter you turn whoever you want to stone and pull them freely.

It's a big utility nerf either way.

The phrasing should me clearer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom