• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Early SWTFA screening. It's good. . .
http://i.imgur.com/7IRepxO.webm
score:
8/10

Like he always has, get blink or sb (milk doesn't even get either, he goes sny) and just kill people. Get roshan every 10 mins. Also just think of aghs as just a pure, better BKB replacement. Same cost, but way more beneficial in most cases. Octarine is the luxury item that I'd want to get in most games (though obv. sometimes your going to want to skip that for mkb or abyssal first when necessary--both are even better for Ursa now with the huge damage buffs off procs combined Ursa's attack speed).

6.86e: Techies suicide kill destroy Aghs (including his own)

now that valve has reborn like 95% done they can focus in designing all new dota2 exclusive heroes. 2016 is gonna be interesting.

welcome back shira

her aghs is still shit, you can still get stunned and it's not infinite anymore

brew, huskar, tusk, phoenix, naix, naga, LD, gyro, silencer, pugna, leshrac, dark seer
edit : silencer's aghs MIGHT have become good again, his new spell is weird but yeah

shira

welcome back shira

thanks for updating TS4 infos
goodjob.gif

Conceded, Gyro agh's is probably unbeatable in terms of uselessness. I have not seen it since 2013 (back when I started the game) on any Gyro in any of my pubs.

Btw I really think luna's agh is LEGIT AS FUCK right now
I can see it combo'd with a tidehunter for easy high ground push honestly, damage is insane

Demoli

Sylla is so good
Kreygasm.png

Oddly enough that new skill is fucking trash. It's really only good for hwhen you're junglng and some psts show up

Nah I thought something like aquila/treads > dom > yasha > aghs > manta > bkb > etc
Don't bother with octarine, just get the aghs early enough to destroy one or two teamfights, the hero pushes hard enough to get early rax
Maybe throw in a dragon lance for good measure too

You should be able to get aquila, treads, dom, yasha, aghs at 20 minutes with decent farm (500 gpm)

this is the AoE of her ult if you're pushing radiant bottom

S6s6cRK.png

Just have a hero with high mobility jump in and wreck shit when their creeps are down. 12 beams for 300 damage, one every .3 second
Even if you "only" get 2 kills, a team with luna and some sustain can easily get a lane of rax 5v3 because of the insane damage and glaives

Sylla is so good
Kreygasm.png

Oddly enough that new skill is fucking trash. It's really only good for hwhen you're junglng and some psts show up

Is it not useful in the early game to buy some time to escape while you're getting ganked or later on when your bear is split pushing for it to be able to get off its "blink"?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Conceded, Gyro agh's is probably unbeatable in terms of uselessness. I have not seen it since 2013 (back when I started the game) on any Gyro in any of my pubs.

I sort of want to find some kind of bizarre support Gyro build that makes use of it

That probably doesn't exist does it?

Yeah I wanted them to put one of the limited draft modes in ranked since it might help people with their recurring patch fatigue problems, but 50 heroes seems like it would still have cancerous meta heroes in most games.

I'd also really like them to try some kind of auto draft mode, basically a version of all random with some kind of crude draft balancing function. I'm generally really enjoying all random except for the maybe 20% of the time one team gets completely shafted.

Demoli

Is it not useful in the early game to buy some time to escape while you're getting ganked or later on when your bear is split pushing for it to be able to get off its "blink"?

It's not completely useless, but its very limited tbh. The biggest thing he got was being able to level bear and rabid and just mowing towers at 9/11

new hard camp and quelling blade upgrade sound like a shift back toward carries.

BB's Agh sounds insane and core now.

DP's new spells sound interesting

Fucking

lone

druid

changes

fuck yeah

I like new doom spell, DR now medusa, FV sounds more skill based, kunkka agh is meh without small damage tick or hard silence, but tidebringer toggle is helpful for harassment and lane balance.

dragon lance sounds op as fuck

hood of defiance change is interesting

Troll Warlord's change is interesting, wish they'd flip him to a strength hero, would solve a lot of his issues with a low health pool. Getting agility items on him is redundant since you hit the attack speed cap easily with base skills.

First time I've been excited for a patch in a long time. So many interesting new aghanims and spell changes.

also that fucking arcana zeus.

Arrow has a huge manacost though, at level 1 you can kill 2 creeps with it (ie 2 camps), don't know if full jungle would be viable but you can probably get to level 3-4 easily thanks to that, meaning much better roaming (level 4 is arrow, leap and level 2 starfall)

Basically make people forget about you and gank mid when least expected. Around 5 minutes for night time probably.

Oh, also good to note with the added hard camps you can actually just camp close to any lane (dire mid would still be rather far), not just mid

DrPizza

Banned
Also, I don't really understand the use of the new dragon lance item.

The suggestion I've seen is that you get Dragon Lance on the way to BKB + Butterfly (since you can disassemble it), but for me the timings don't really make sense for that. The stats of the Dragon Lance are so bad that you don't want to keep the item for any real amount of time.

----------------

The Huskar hate is so stupid. He was a niche pick, he's now a non-pick. The combination of ruining his magic resistance and making him so he can't ult off Silver Edge leaves him utterly worthless.

Doom now has no way to proc Linkens. So not only is one of the most interesting spells in the game gone, the hero is now easily countered. The additional spells from neutral creeps slow his farming (since he now never wants to eat the small centaur/small hellbear), and the base attack time nerf is crippling.

Zoon

Arrow has a huge manacost though, at level 1 you can kill 2 creeps with it (ie 2 camps), don't know if full jungle would be viable but you can probably get to level 3-4 easily thanks to that, meaning much better roaming (level 4 is arrow, leap and level 2 starfall)

Basically make people forget about you and gank mid when least expected. Around 5 minutes for night time probably.

Oh, also good to note with the added hard camps you can actually just camp close to any lane (dire mid would still be rather far), not just mid

5 mangos build

It helps ranged heroes with short range to do much better in the early mid game
It also helps a lot with splitpushing since half of the ranged heroes can outrange towers with it
What's there to dislike about the item ?

The new consumable seems to suck though, unless it stacks in which case I think it's the most gold efficient damage item for early game ? Doubt it stacks just because of that.

5 mangos build

nah you want clarities in that case, much more efficient, use it and kite the smaller creep

marrec

Banned
I didn't get the memo that linkens is now 100 gold and that doom plays 1v5

star wars in 2 hours HAAAAAAAAA

Great, now I have to buy Eul's on Doom since no one else is ever going to be able to break the Linken Park sphere. There goes my progression.

I don't think the nerfs to Doom are THAT bad... but that attack speed nerf though. Hopefully he makes it back into CM without too much more damage.

aeolist

Banned
It was I think unique in that it recognized that the game is a game and that heroes have a numbered level. It's kind of fourth wall breaking, in a minor way.

unique isn't necessarily interesting. the end result of that spell was a boring minor nuke that was only ever good for interrupting channeling and popping linkens.

DrPizza

Banned
fuck huskar, that combo with dazzle was fucking ridiculous. that + solar crest he was basically a god.

Huskar was a niche pick that's been made unplayable through a substantial direct nerf, and a significant buff to Silver Edge. Meanwhile, Tusk, who's close to 100% pick/ban material, sees small changes that make him a little more situational but still viable.

I mean, sure, OK, it sucks to get beaten by a fifth pick Huskar when you have no pure damage or early game physical damage. But it also sucks to get beaten by a fifth pick PL or Naga when you have no illusion clear, or a fifth pick Brood when you have no spider clear, and I don't think any of those heroes have been nerfed as significantly.

Besides, if they do get the Dazzle/Huskar combo, nothing really changes anyway, since Shallow Grave still makes him unkillable. Now there's just no other way to play him, since he can no longer soak up the magic nukes when at low HP.

Oracle getting into CM might have something to do with the absurd Huskar nerf, there's now two heroes in CM that make him absolutely terrifying so the nerf might be pre-emptive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom