• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Still salty over Huskar's nerfs. What was IF thinking?

yeh he just gutted him on purpose, less magic resistance than AM's spell shield LOL. im expecting bloodseeker, techies, and huskar to all get reworks next patch or after TI, all three are dumpster tier pure trash and i'm sure icefrog and his testers know that

Y'all need to chill with your "this is so op" talk, pretty sure everyone said Octarine Core was gonna be the OP item last time and look what happened. Just wait and see what happens.

Octarine is pretty fucking strong but games are often won before you get it

edit : rofl kojima and PS4 threads full of hyperboles as always
"PS4 is gearing to be the best console ever on my list. The support it's getting is insane. " breh

The point is that it's never been broken and that there weren't a lot of people that expected Glimmer Cape to be the (super) broken item until it got exploited.

Octarine is pretty fucking strong but games are often won before you get it

edit : rofl kojima and PS4 threads full of hyperboles as always
"PS4 is gearing to be the best console ever on my list. The support it's getting is insane. " breh

Do you understand subjectivity?

Oui or non?

apparently there's a patch analysis with 7ckngmad, NAHAZ and some nobodies
it is 4 hours long

Who's going to watch this and not want to slit his wrists by the middle of it ?

Acinixys

apparently there's a patch analysis with 7ckngmad, NAHAZ and some nobodies
it is 4 hours long

Who's going to watch this and not want to slit his wrists by the middle of it ?

laugh.gif

nope.jpg

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Really really really hope this patch goes live tomorrow or Thursday; I wanna play it so badly and it would be great fun to watch WCA on the new patch (and also gives some insight into power levels for the forthcoming 6.86b and c patches).

pls pls pls icefrogerino and valverino dont bitch out and make us suffer until after WCA

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Ursa aghs + octarine is going to be an amazing build; dont need raw dmg items and dont need bkb with those two, can you imagine getting off 3-4 enrages in one fight??!?

-7.5s fury swipes CD and 13.5s enrage CD, filling Ursa's CC immunity, damage, and survivability needs with just two items

Ursa and Lycan are both going to be very very strong this patch and will probably be my two favorite/go to heroes of the patch.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
How is Ursa going to stay relevant until he has that amount of gold?

Like he always has, get blink or sb (milk doesn't even get either, he goes sny) and just kill people. Get roshan every 10 mins. Also just think of aghs as just a pure, better BKB replacement. Same cost, but way more beneficial in most cases. Octarine is the luxury item that I'd want to get in most games (though obv. sometimes your going to want to skip that for mkb or abyssal first when necessary--both are even better for Ursa now with the huge damage buffs off procs combined Ursa's attack speed).

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
ok i knew ursa was gonna b op but now im hyped for lycan

The more and more that I test lycan, and just think about the change... idk he actually legit got the biggest buff of any hero in this entire patch; his damage output is simply insane (on top of all the other direct and indirect buffs he got that I outlined earlier). I really hope this incarnation of the hero sneaks through as 'balanced' and I can play this version of lycan for the next 10 patches, but somehow I doubt that and I think he's immediately back to the #1 carry fp/fb slot. The critical damage on that shapeshift is going to come down to accommodate necros.

Holding out a sliver of hope though that I'm completely wrong though and this incarnation is fine lol, this is by far the most fun I've had with the hero in the last 12 patches or so that I've been playing him. Jungle is back, pushing power still the best in the game, manfight/teamfight power has been essentially doubled, and 650 MS who da fuk doesnt wanna play that. Best hero in the game, most fun hero in the game :):):). The only potential saving grace is that lycan is still only an extremely powerful hero under those 18s of shapeshift and all the tool for kiting him are still there--from hero choices to item choices. So if you can kite his ass for 18s or have a cleave/bkb hero that can evaporate necros, you can still deal with the insane damage boost. But we'll see if that's enough to keep him in check.

Icefrog must be a major lycan fanstraight like me to keep handing the hero these major buffs/retooling every 2-3 patches, that's the only explanation (i aint complaining though). Look at a hero like poor troll that gets the equivalent of +0.5 armor every patch after he'd been OP and dumpstered. The wolf never gets truly dumpstered and gets enormous buffs and reworks to make him stronger and more unique (despite being one of the more problematic dota heroes for 4-5 patches in recent times :).

kionedrik

So here's my take on this thing:

- It seems early pushing was mega buffed, although it doesn't seem to be a death push patch.
- Tusk wasn't hit hard enough
- Lina and Gyro got atom sized nerfs and I'm stretching it calling them nerfs
- SF should have taken a bigger blow (besides mana cost razes should also have had a cd increase)
- IF pussied out in regards to earth spirit (the ally pull nerf is a pretty big blow)
- Kunkka might be the new king of mid lane
- Invoker is the new most broken hero in the game

Also, I don't really understand the use of the new dragon lance item.

I'll back up that people should wait to see how it plays out. Octarine was supposed to usher in an era of Int Carries, and all it really did was make Leshrac good and give a ton of heroes unobtainable item progressions. Nobody really expected Glimmer Cape to be useful outside of the handful of supports that have channeled spells.

It seems to have mixed views but I think Dragon Lance is going to have a big impact. I think Huskar was nerfed specifically because Dragon Lance works great for him or DK. But as people have said, it's great on Luna or TA, and I think someone like Clinkz could even see a big gain from that item. Any ranged core with fast AS should really think about that item to optimize damage output. I could see it being useful on Drow, but I like the idea of going SB/Crit/Aghs on her more.

I also think Kunkka and Magnus are going to see more play with some of these changes. Pudge might see a comeback as well.

Arkanius

Phantom Assassin was so fucked in the ass this patch it's not even funny.

Not because she was nerfed, but because everything works as a counter to her now.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
It seems to have mixed views but I think Dragon Lance is going to have a big impact. I think Huskar was nerfed specifically because Dragon Lance works great for him or DK. .

Huskar was nerfed into the ground because Huskar takes a giant shit all over Zeus and Valve needs to sell mega Zeus arcanas for the first few weeks of this patch (also, see: Aether Lens).
57% winrate in 5k+ ranked helps too but the hero is actual donkey shit now

TUSR

Banned
they have been working on other things

the combination of creating tools for map editing with the transition to source 2

the compendium goal of the desert map took precedents

70 less mana cost on illusory orb on level 1 is anything but tiny

Doesn't really do much of anything though, it's not like you had that many mana issues before you could farm a bottle as puck and then controlling runes was easy. It also came with a cooldown increase which makes him easier to gank, or less viable as offlaner. The silence buff is also tiny. Considering how far behind Puck was, I don't think it does really enough to make him a viable mid(and it makes him a worse offlaner). He's still a great hero if you get to midgame in a decent spot, but he needed more laning buffs. Base damage/better attack point probably would have been more helpful than mana cost.

So here's my take on this thing:

- It seems early pushing was mega buffed, although it doesn't seem to be a death push patch.
- Tusk wasn't hit hard enough
- Lina and Gyro got atom sized nerfs and I'm stretching it calling them nerfs
- SF should have taken a bigger blow (besides mana cost razes should also have had a cd increase)
- IF pussied out in regards to earth spirit (the ally pull nerf is a pretty big blow)
- Kunkka might be the new king of mid lane
- Invoker is the new most broken hero in the game

Also, I don't really understand the use of the new dragon lance item.

Earth Spirit is going to be worthless with the changes.

If it was not for reborn I think we'd have got 3 heroes this year...
It's probably kinda unrealistic but I'm hoping we get one hero with each major patch between every major from now on

kionedrik

Now that LC aghs is godly what's the worst aghs in the game?

My vote goes for either Drow, Magnus or Tide. Can't decide which one is the shittier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom