• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

Yessssssss
disapprove.gif
disapprove.gif
disapprove.gif

Show them a good spot.

cris7198

Welp my day was nice, got spoiled about star wars twice, sold some games to be ready for the zeus arcana, bought a book, a beer and I'm ready for the patch.

fucking shit fuck spoilers man

Wok

I just want to list stuff that I like/dislike about the 6.86 patch notes.

All of these are great stuff:

Earth Spirit: Great pro plays incoming?
Enabled Earth Spirit in Captain's Mode

Faceless Void: Timewalk sounds broken as hell.
Timewalk now undoes any damage taken in the last 2 seconds
Timewalk cooldown rescaled from 19/17/15/13 to 24/18/12/6
Timewalk mana cost reduced from 90 to 40

Legion Commander: it finally makes sense
Legion Commander's Scepter now makes you and your target immune to all damage unless the source is between the Duel participants.

Pudge: hooks here and there
Reworked Scepter on Pudge
+ Aether Lens looks great on Pudge!

Terrorblade
Enabled Terrorblade in Captain's Mode

Ursa: Scepter + Octarine = enraged most of the time
Scepter added to Ursa

Winter Wyvern: WW's spell not an Axe's call anymore
Winter's Curse primary and secondary units are now immune to all damage from their enemies

Iron Branch: GG branch + Tango vs. Faerie Fire for a good start?
Can now be used by targeting the ground, planting a happy little tree that lasts 20 seconds. 200 Cast Range.

Smoke of Deceit: now in all my pubs?
Cost reduced from 100 to 50

This is sad:
Doom: my favorite spell on Doom is replaced
Replaced Level Death with a new ability, Infernal Blade

Riki: the hero is nerfed to hell, but this might be counter-balanced by the buff of Diffusal blade
all the changes
+ Diffusal Blade

Yasha: Yasha less valuable now..., but Manta and S&Y still good
Movement speed bonus reduced from 10% to 8%

This is too big to be true:
Brewmaster
Drunken Haze cooldown reduced from 8 to 8/7/6/5

Chaos Knight
Reality Rift bonus damage increased from 60/80/100/120 to 60/100/140/180

Dragon Knight
Dragon Blood HP regen increased from 2/3/4/5 to 3/6/9/12

Invoker
Invoker now starts with Invoke Level 1 at the beginning of the game

Jakiro
Base damage increased by 7

Lifestealer
Rage attack speed bonus increased from 30/45/60/80 to 50/60/70/80

Mirana
Sacred Arrow now instantly kills the first unit it hits if it is a non-ancient creep

Morphling
Adaptive Strike base damage increased from 50/60/70/80 to 100

Ogre Magi
Base health regen increased from 2.5 to 3.5

Outworld Devourer
Astral Imprisonment duration increased from 1/2/3/4 to 4

Puck
Illusory Orb mana cost reduced from 150 to 80/100/120/140

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Desert terrain looks great, and it's exactly what I've wanted for years. I'd honestly gladly pay money for Frostivus and Diretide terrain.

NBtoaster

Wonder if veil is good on int carries now. +24 damage +234 mana +25% magic damage. Probably not better than orchid but its half the price. Someone try it on Storm Spirit or something.

Randdalf

I just want to list stuff that I like/dislike about the 6.86 patch notes.

All of these are great stuff:

This is sad:

This is too big to be true:

Wait, why do you think Riki got nerfed? It's literally a straight upgrade from the old (pre-6.85 iteration) Riki.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wait, why do you think Riki got nerfed? It's literally a straight upgrade from the old (pre-6.85 iteration) Riki.

He has less damage, less health, less armor, no built in HP Regen, got his mobility spell nerfed, got his max damage output nerfed, takes longer to turn invisible.

The only thing he gained was an AoE Spell which for damage is basically a worse flack cannon. The only upside is it gives 5 seconds of invulnerability, and how useful that is will make or break the spell.

Illustration of remote mine cast ranges without Aether/Scepter, with one, and both (landmine indicates where Techies was standing when he threw it).

Aether/Scepter is really good on techies seeing how he gets like 900 range with his ult. I wouldn't get Aether till like 4th item though

Wok

I cannot play him like I used to. It sounds like the end of support Riki. In exchange, we get some kind of Ember Spirit / Juggernaut kind of ultimate spell which might be good in practice, but only sounds dreadful on paper.

bbd23

Wykrhm Reddy ‏@wykrhm 31s31 seconds ago
Arc Warden accidentally being enabled in CM has been fixed.

How do you miss that of all things? lmao

Acinixys

What was in that new 75MB patch?

I went to look on reddit but its more filled with garbage than usual

100% trash instead of 99%

Yeah I'm having a rough time figuring out when to actually use Wyvern ult but it's still good

I don't think my teammates read or understood the patch notes though, just kept throwing their spells at them during the ult.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yeah I messed around with him in test, even as support he is good enough I feel like, but he does well enough mid, vision is crazy, and every extra items catapults him even more. Gonna need SB+1 (BH?) To make him non issue for a long time.

The thing about killing him is his Q can give enough time for TP support to come so you want magic nukes or ideally physical nukes since 0 armor. Dazzle mid bois.

Sianos

Midas seems like an ideal early core item on Arc Warden, the extra usage every minute should catapult your farm and exp gain rates. Thoughts?

I also like that your double keeps bottle charges, so if you have a full bottle you can make the double heal you and nullify the early cost.

Anno

Yeah I'm having a rough time figuring out when to actually use Wyvern ult but it's still good

I don't think my teammates read or understood the patch notes though, just kept throwing their spells at them during the ult.

It feels like the best way is to get a 2 or 3 man curse on a target squishy enough to die and use the extended duration to kill off or force away the rest, then go back for the attackers once it ends. Still seems like a silly change to me and I'm sure it'll be godawful in pubs, but I think it still has some situations where it may be stronger than before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom