• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jezbollah

Seriously. The Zeus arcana being £23? You can get fucked with that shit.

My sub 1k (if I had a MMR) candy ass just played a bot game. Aghs on Drow is pretty fun..

Hmm patch is out but I'm not sure if I'm gonna play any pubs. Because one thing is damn sure, I'd try to mute everyone immediately as to not get Star Wars spoiled. So I'm not sure if I could even do that during drafting so...nah. Not worth the risk.

Playing solo vs 5ai instead, getting used to everything new. Drow Aghs is hilarious. I mean it just destroys everything with Mjollnir. However, I'm not sure if it's intended but Frost Arrow drains mana again for each split. 36 mana per hit is a lot for Drow even with Aghs and seems like an unnecessary side effect. Shouldn't be an issue too often, but when you're low on mana and chasing someone with frost Arrows and you get splits to e.g. lane creeps and run out of mana, that would suck as you can't do anything against it.

MikeDown

Banned
Hmm patch is out but I'm not sure if I'm gonna play any pubs. Because one thing is damn sure, I'd try to mute everyone immediately as to not get Star Wars spoiled. So I'm not sure if I could even do that during drafting so...nah. Not worth the risk.

Playing solo vs 5ai instead, getting used to everything new. Drow Aghs is hilarious. I mean it just destroys everything with Mjollnir. However, I'm not sure if it's intended but Frost Arrow drains mana again for each split. 36 mana per hit is a lot for Drow even with Aghs and seems like an unnecessary side effect. Shouldn't be an issue too often, but when you're low on mana and chasing someone with frost Arrows and you get splits to e.g. lane creeps and run out of mana, that would suck as you can't do anything against it.
I would play drow more, but her model is terrible. Valve seriously needs to update it. Especially her movement animation

Aghs Sandking is also just craycray. Considering the stats/hp/mana benefits and buildup it provides, I'd argue Sandkings should just get aghs instead of Blink or at least aghs first.

OMFG SING GAME CRASHED 4 ALL

NICE GG VALVE FUCK
rage.gif
rage.gif
rage.gif
rage.gif

EDIT: IT IS BACK

Not sure if I like the new OD. I'm not sure how to play the lane. 1-4-1-1 makes sense but I feel like his laning is not as good as before. On the plus side, he has a tool to push the lane now.

Maybe I'm just too used to hitting for 80 or 90 damage in lane and dominating it with ease.

Okay, I think OD is even worse now. I just don't see the synergy with the new Astral imprisonment. It is always 4s and deals average magic damage, okay. So it no longer steals any int and therefore has zero synergy with Sanity's Eclipse. Arcane Orb now does steal int but scales with levels to 0,1,2, 3 int stolen. That ability/orb effect also costs a whooping 100mana and thus still cannot really be used early game. So there's now also no point in leveling Sanity's Eclipse at level 6 really. The damage will be negligible unless you've already completely destroyed your lane, which you won't because the new astral is way inferior for the laning stage.

Now admittedly, I understand that the previous Astral was a sorta obnoxious, unfun ability for everyone involved. However, mechanically it was actually interesting as players had to evaluate if they could risk taking another astral, or if the mana was too important, or if a astral debuff ran out or how much damage Sanity's Eclipse would deal now yadayada.

The synergy between Arcane Orb and Sanity's Eclipse just isn't there imo. Sanity's Eclipse deals extremely high damage late game and OD usually gets moderate attack speed boost items at best. So if you 3 shot some support lategame you got a whooping 9 int from that? It's kinda strange anyways that, if you want to increase and make use of Sanity's Eclipse's damage aspect, you'll have to fight a moderately prolonged fight first where you get off a bunch of auto attacks. If that's the case, the fight's likely already going your way.

It just doesn't seem like they really know what to do with OD currently. I don't think he'll be even remotely competitive and I'll be surprised if he's ever picked in this state (in tournaments).

did you try 4-1-4 build?

ulti is situational before you get orb and passive maxed

Even when you have full level 4 essence aura at like level 12-13 you can still run out of mana using Arcane Orb with a slightly unfortunate streak.

So until you reach level 7 I'd say you've absolutely not enough Sustain for AO. Very early on your mana pool is also way too low for the Orb attack itself to deal any significant damage (in relation to its mana cost anyways). If you're somehow free to hit your target for 4-5 times that's still only 12-15 int stolen if you have max AO. Which you most likely wouldn't until level 8 or 9 with that 4-1-4 build.

His laning just seems super weak to me and he'll be very level dependent. Yes, in theory the new Astral imprisonment can be much better because of it's 4s setup time at all levels. But the only thing you can setup is an ally of yours. You yourself have no follow up. And if OD is downright dependent on a support to help out, then he's just worse than all those mids who aren't. Let's also not forget that Astral gives 4s reaction time to enemy supports too, if they realize what's about to happen.

And yeh, the int steal is nigh forgettable currently. As I said above, OD deals very high damage with his rightclicks. He was never the prolonged, Bristle-type fighter. Lategame you ~3 shot supports and ~6-9 shot cores. Until you've really gained anything from the actual int steal aspect of that skill, you've either already won or lost the fight really. Until now you could at least always initiate the fight with one Astral and immediately ulti for extra 13int (and -13 on that one target).

I don't see how OD is supposed to be a good laner any more and I don't see how he can reach mid and lategame with so much farm that he can actually shine.

4 for 4, boys. EZ FAWKIN PATCH

Naix is really strong. You can just play manly as fuck in lane with a venge or some other aggro support and snowball off it. I think level 1 rage and then maxing W or E depending on how hard your lane is works well.

For real though with aghs and Blink your initiation range is so huge that I never really found out what my limits were, it's too soon to say but aether lens seems unnecessary on him(especially since it doesn't improve his other skills).

For real though with aghs and Blink your initiation range is so huge that I never really found out what my limits were, it's too soon to say but aether lens seems unnecessary on him(especially since it doesn't improve his other skills).

8% spell damage increase!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111

BearPawB

Banned
Went on a 7-0 streak to start the game as Ogre.
Feels good.
Aether on him was fun, i could get the stun out from anywhere.

Deadly

I love the new Silencer spell, at least while nobody knows what it does. Played against Undying and he kept casting decay rofl

sixghost

Aether Lens is such a natural transition for any spell caster that makes mana boots. It's like an extra 1400 gold for a really good item.

Quesa

It's really good on timbersaw too. I think that hero will be a powerhouse with this and the otehr buffs he's gotten.

I'm honestly not sure what to build on him now. Lens' buildup interferes with Bloodstone, but 200+ cast range is great on him. Maybe skip BS on him and go arcane > lens > blink > scepter?

I'm honestly not sure what to build on him now. Lens' buildup interferes with Bloodstone, but 200+ cast range is great on him. Maybe skip BS on him and go arcane > lens > blink > scepter?

Probably, unless you're destroying them hard early on. With the nerfs BS isn't nearly as good anymore but...when you are snowballing then that extra mana is godly. Whirling Death CD mana cost is 70 at all levels now, so that requires a bit less at least.

Quesa

Testing it out in a bot game now and I don't think timber can part with BS just yet. He ends up too mana hungry. You need the regen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom