• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
how's Aui gonna come back like that after what happened SMH.

bountyrune.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
whatever haters, that vids gotten like 100k views today, so thanks for the clicks kiddos

0V1yp0o.gif

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
aight i don't get this BvS hate, movie was pretty awesome

critics releasing their pent up superhero frustrations all on one film or some shit iunno; movie had a few lows but overall i thoroughly enjoyed it and was emotionally invested--highly recommend anyone who wanted to see it (before the reviews came out) to go catch it in theaters and make your own conclusions

Artanisix

critics releasing their pent up superhero frustrations all on one film or some shit iunno; movie had a few lows but overall i thoroughly enjoyed it and was emotionally invested--highly recommend anyone who wanted to see it (before the reviews came out) to go catch it in theaters and make your own conclusions

ye ur the only person ive seen with a positive experience with bvs

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
ye ur the only person ive seen with a positive experience with bvs

hey man, maybe the only person on gaf or the internet (the circle jerk is strong), but my entire theater was full (100% of the seats) and pretty much everyone clapped at the end, and i fucking hate people that clap

basically, to me, it was just a better man of steel. so if you liked that, it's pretty much more of the same, but better (in my view). all the same awesome action, and the music/score in general was amazing, the sound guys and the music guy deserve mega props because the sound is what really drew me in most of the film.

i guess if you did not enjoy man of steel at all, then you probably won't enjoy BvS. but i went in expecting to hate the film with the bar set low (i could give two shits about another batman film or wonder woman), but i came out having thoroughly enjoyed the film--and this is after i was fucken tired of big action blockbusters, ultron 2, jurassic world, all these films i was sick of them. I was expecting this to be as bad as those but I was pleasantly surprised, fUK the critics.

my 2 cents

I think I forgot how to win with TA. She's not a solo carry hero I can tell you that much.

(by that I mean she can't drag her team to a win, not be the sole source of physical damage)

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
enjoyed man of steels fight scenes but the story was awful

whats the verdict then

-fight scenes were just as good if not better
-score/sound was better
-story was SLIGHTLY better

i enjoyed the movie a lot more for the first 2 points than the 3rd; however, the story just works. the motivations are there, and the plot thunks along. it's not mindblowing, but it works and i don't get the criticisms targeted at character motivations at all (the motivations were there, the plot was just enough to keep things moving forward, again, the best word for it in my mind is that it just works). Bu bu bu why would batman ever fight superman and why would it bE a faiR fight hAHA lol???! well, watch the damn film and it's all explained pretty nicely lol. This is what I don't get about a lot of the reviews, they sputter that last bit of sarcastic complaining yet if you watched the film, all of that is explained and makes sense in that universe. If you didn't, well yeah, you can spout that nonsense.

imo people just went in wanting to or expecting to hate it based on the reviews, and found reasons to do so. it just blows my mind that the same critics who gave age of ultron 5/5, A++ can turn around and trash BvS. Ultron was complete fucking garbage from story to fight scenes to corny jokes and all yet it was still critically acclaimed rofl. I felt absolutely nothing sitting in the theater for Jurassic World and Ultron.

For BvS however; I felt like a little kid again, honestly. The score just had me emotionally invested and I was gripped in the rollercoaster--my heart was beating during the tense scenes, I got excited during the badass/fight scenes, and I genuinely got pretty damn sad during the gloomy scenes (something i never expected from a superhero film much less this one).

so that's why i recommend everyone to just go fkn see it in some way, shape, or form and then draw your own conclusions. don't let gaf, the critics, or an internet circle jerk form them for you and don't go in with a checklist of predetermined critiques.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
same idea here really. fight scenes were fantastic but the story was dull and nonsensical

music was freaking awesome

Yep, the music and everything about the audio in general was absolutely AMAZING. I'm probably going to buy this soundtrack, and I've never bought a soundtrack for a film or television show before lol. This is also why I recommend you watch this in a theater, a film like this is just all about the visuals and the sound, and you're not going to enjoy those fully on a small screen.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I liked Man of Steel way more than most people. Except for the corny Pa Kent shit and some questionable first half pacing, I loved all the sci fi elements and thought it was a more interesting take on Supes than all the saccharine stuff we've gotten in the past.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I liked Man of Steel way more than most people. Except for the corny Pa Kent shit and some questionable first half pacing, I loved all the sci fi elements and thought it was a more interesting take on Supes than all the saccharine stuff we've gotten in the past.

I also liked MoS's different approach to Supes (more shades of gray than black/white) and BvS builds on that and continues in the same vein. Also, BvS is very much a superman film (which is a turn off to some people lol), don't get the clamor that it is mostly a batman film. Na, this is a superman film at heart with lots of Batman in it; he plays a fun and fundamental role in the film.

also i thought i'd hate all the "shoehorned" hero cameos in the film based on early impressions and my own feelings, but i was giddy like a kid at most of them--they were quick, fit, and got me hyped as hell for future films (if there are any lol)

Despite the 29% critic score it's got on RT, 75% of actual users/people still liked the film (on that particular website). And I can understand that score from my own theater lol; everyone was pretty psyched and invested throughout and they all clapped at the end like fuckn buffoons. Every seat was full, which I haven't seen in a longtime, not a single empty chair.

LiQuid!

How much Aquaman is in BVS? Spoiler tag if needed. I've been mancrushing on Jason Momoa pretty hard since Conan and unfortunately he hasn't had much of a career since.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
How much Aquaman is in BVS? Spoiler tag if needed. I've been mancrushing on Jason Momoa pretty hard since Conan and unfortunately he hasn't had much of a career since.

Very little. He's in it for about 5s, just a little teaser/easter egg. The teasers are pretty fun though, had me hyped for the future films.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Uh, BvS spoilers if you care and all.

Like I said before, I think BvS could have used better editing and writing. It felt odd that Bruce suddenly had a bad dream about Super Man that did seemed like a premonition, but was just a nightmare (I guess? Maybe a future movie does make it into a premonition). The parts that tried to introduce the Justice League felt poorly done. Would have been better to have Bruce just look over them briefly for a few seconds as a tease, rather then have this awkward 2 minute part where they had Wonder Woman watch all the clips that had no baring on the movie. I also feel the Wonder Woman stuff could have been handled better (Also it would have made more since for her to use the Kryptonite Spear), and I don't fully get what was up with the Wheelchair guy (Mainly, why did all of the Wayne Corp disability checks get returned?)

Maybe it would have helped if I saw Man of Steel. At least then I wouldn't be wondering for 15 minutes if the nerdy guy with hair was Lex Luther, or Lex Luther's Son.

20-30 seconds?

I agree, it's not as bad as it's made out to be. Not great, but I don't regret spending the money on it, and I want to see what happens in the Snyderverse.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Lex wasn't in Man of Steel.

Also Man of Steel was trash.

Ok, now I am more confused, since BvS did absolutely nothing to establish Lex Luther in the DC's Extended Universe, I just sort of assumed that Man of Steel would have done it. The Lex in BvS is nothing like the Lex is other adaptations ether IMO.

Glad I didn't spent my $10 for the ticket.

What's the most scandalous "skill floor" changer Valve could add after this tower aggro/camp box implementation? Showing enemy mana bars? Runes on the minimap? Aegis timer? Rosh timer? Creep aggro displayed like tower aggro?

Can I get a shout out too please
yea man you the homie

What's the most scandalous "skill floor" changer Valve could add after this tower aggro/camp box implementation? Showing enemy mana bars? Runes on the minimap? Aegis timer? Rosh timer? Creep aggro displayed like tower aggro?

yea man you the homie

Remove Blink dagger range penalty
Indicate when a creep is low enough to be killed by your auto attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom