• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calidor

Yeah if anything split-push/turtle teams aren't nearly as viable in 6.79 compared to early push/deathball. The game feels less balanced in that respect right now, though it's too early to say for sure.

I agree with this.

From my (limited) experience with 6.79 so far it's much easier to win by going for a 25 min gg with strong early-midgame snowballing gank oriented heroes (Mirana, Brew, Yurnero, Slardar) and roam supports than traditional tri lanes with hardcarry+deffensive supports.

Also Sand King is underrated and Lich is seriously broken (should be first ban/pick material)

G.ZZZ

I agree with this.

From my (limited) experience with 6.79 so far it's much easier to win by going for a 25 min gg with strong early-midgame snowballing gank oriented heroes (Mirana, Brew, Yurnero, Slardar) and roam supports than traditional tri lanes with hardcarry+deffensive supports.

Also Sand King is underrated and Lich is seriously broken (should be first ban/pick material)

Lich is however pretty bad against those snowballing push lineups . Get a basilus and get that 5 mins tower against lich. Maybe pick pugna, he's amazing for pushes and his ward deal 1000 damage or so against a lich casting an ulti + a nova.

SamVimes

Lich sucks however agianst those snowballing push lineups. Get a basilus and get that 5 mins tower against lich. Maybe pick pugna, he's amazing for pushes and his ward deal 1000 damage or so against a lich casting an ulti + a nova.

No no no, what a genius drafter does is say that Lich gets beaten by push and then ban every pusher in the pool.

Grakl

Minimal? Damage increases 25/200/375/550.

Yes, minimal, compared to max poison sting and wards, especially when wards now have poison sting after the patch. Gale exists for the slow - the kill should come quickly after you connect one in the early and mid game. 15 seconds is a long time for all of the damage of gale to tick. Your aim with Veno isn't really to deal as much as possible anyway, it's to disrupt/slow other heroes enough to where your other teammates can easily secure a kill, which one point in gale does incredibly well. Veno's other skills get much more useful with each extra point in them compared to gale.

sephi22

Your aim with Veno isn't really to deal as much as possible anyway
Maxing gale and poison sting early can lead to solo kills. You shouldn't be maxing wards unless you want to push really early. Maxing gale and sting allows you to chase and kill heroes really easily. Wards will always be useful for disrupting creeps, vision or doing rosh.

I go 1/4/4 for pushing/support and 4/4/1 for mid/ganking veno.
Max gale can really ruin someone's day. An early level 4 gale almost always leads to a kill.

I always thought Veno is a terrible pusher. Dunno why the hell you won't max a spell that does a lot of damage early, and falls off after mid game.

Haunted

Dotabuff 6.79 winrates are so interesting.

Code:
Top 10                    Bottom 10
Lich	        57.36%    Magnus    	44.09%
Death Prophet	57.17%    Skywrath Mage	44.00%
Abaddon	        56.92%    Meepo         44.00%
Venomancer   	56.70%    Queen of Pain 43.73%
Necrolyte	56.48%    Batrider      43.01%
Zeus	        55.77%    Tinker	42.47%
Warlock	        55.65%    Shadow Demon	41.51%
Skeleton King	55.30%    Anti-Mage	41.11%
Crystal Maiden	54.79%    Morphling	40.86%
Lycanthrope 	54.39%    Io	        37.79%
Lich buffed to the top, Warlock still strong, Lycan with the comeback, Spirit Breaker out of the top 10, Broodmother out of the bottom 10, Batrider competitive nerfs too much for pub play.

Dahbomb

It's very obvious why AM is bad in pubs.

They have fucking Vanguard as his recommended item. I guarantee you that when Valve changes Vanguard with BF as the recommended item on AM, this win rate will go up.

No idea how to explain QoP though. She is devastating in pubs and can definitely snow ball. Not even hard to play either

I'm sad, Mag QoP and AM are some of my better heroes and I don't really get why people suck so much at them. Maybe the fact that AM needs you to be somewhat good at last hitting...

Because he has 0 contribution to lane and requires people to babysit him until he gets some farm. Guess what pubs don't do well.

Because he has 0 contribution to lane and requires people to babysit him until he gets some farm. Guess what pubs don't do well.

Church.

I guess/expect all the hard carries to be in the bottom 30 without even looking at the data.

Hard carries and pubs don't mix, and particularly if it's a bunch of solo pubbers. As mentioned regularly, lack of wards, lack of communication, and lack of support tend to doom hard carries. Unless both teams have a hard carry, at which point it's usually a matter of which team can hold down the other hard carry the longest or which team has the superior 4v4 lineup for early/midgame control.

Bad7667

That is the number one reason why I lose with AM more than anything. My team will force fights before I have anything to contribute. Then blame me for the loss.

I'm more surprised by Skeleton King though. I guess some mobility and pushing items are good on him thanks to the aura working on ranged units.

He has always worked better for me as a semi-support than full carry.

ksan

I'm not surprised that QoP is currently in the bottom 10, but if anyone ever told me that she would end up x years ago, I wouldn't believe it.
She has always been one of those super versatile heroes, but now when there are bullshit mids as razor/viper(/and od last patch) in their current state, you can't do shit about it and end up useless.

shira

honkpotatoiceBorg said:
PTdkTbV.png
Wtf do I do? Do I need large sums of money??? Damn you Matt tell us

ReRixo

Banned
Mouz are really entertaining to watch, not the most skillful plays, but definitely some of the most clever. I think they're quickly becoming one of my favourite teams. Always loved synderen <3 but it's nice seeing mouz with some chemistry, even with this stand-in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom