• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martheron

Just gonna jump in right here because I somehow don't think I'll be able to read all the past pages I've missed. Sorry if it's been asked before.

I enjoy playing dota 2 (as much as you can by only watching high level matches and playing randoms every few days), but something has killed my enjoyment of it. For the past few months I've had an error when logging on and trying to do anything relating to the websites. The error I have is "#cef_error_header-6" I've looked on a few websites and I've been unable to find anything and I've even deleted DotA 2 and re-downloaded it and nothing. I'm I somehow just missing an easy fix or something?

In the theme of keeping the talks going though, I've been away for a few months because of the error but I'm very happy to see Venomancer being picked now in high level play! What heroes are you guys happy to see getting some play this last patch?

shira

Just gonna jump in right here because I somehow don't think I'll be able to read all the past pages I've missed. Sorry if it's been asked before.

I enjoy playing dota 2 (as much as you can by only watching high level matches and playing randoms every few days), but something has killed my enjoyment of it. For the past few months I've had an error when logging on and trying to do anything relating to the websites. The error I have is "#cef_error_header-6" I've looked on a few websites and I've been unable to find anything and I've even deleted DotA 2 and re-downloaded it and nothing. I'm I somehow just missing an easy fix or something?

In the theme of keeping the talks going though, I've been away for a few months because of the error but I'm very happy to see Venomancer being picked now in high level play! What heroes are you guys happy to see getting some play this last patch?

Some preliminary searching on http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2 seems to be firewall issue. Do you have antivirus?

Ah, Reddit, never would have thought they'd be helpful. I do, relax it's settings and it should be fixed?

Assume you don't have a virus and shut down the AV, see what happens. I think people were getting false positives.

Artanisix

so im trying to collect all the pokemon that are basically dotagaffers

eyUXfqw.gif
Ntpy5U9.gif
JakPPUr.gif
afyJyJ4.gif
4gd53Wu.gif
dZG7IGf.gif
5YKNygk.gif
EklSR6M.gif

bzm, 109, anbokr, tswiftx, moodyshuffle, neki, procarbine, freakinchair

ERAyS8l.gif
hQgECb9.gif
MUNdrll.gif
UDD6Bra.gif
72cSrb6.gif
QqyGZDm.gif
vJwWnJA.gif
ppJ6ukN.gif

tomat, puppetyuber, haly, hylian7, delirium, pillowknight, dreamsvisions, drkirby

8ru5Mo4.gif
zSpjQjy.gif
uNf9Ytw.gif
SomgxN1.gif
VXeAjLH.gif
A8KVV93.gif
zckYSCV.gif
JfAoId1.gif

sanjay, ikuu, meteorain, nilay, ksan, kazabi, technomancer, shira

how am i doing so far guys

Boken

Banned

eyUXfqw.gif
Ntpy5U9.gif
JakPPUr.gif
afyJyJ4.gif
4gd53Wu.gif
dZG7IGf.gif
5YKNygk.gif
EklSR6M.gif

ERAyS8l.gif
hQgECb9.gif
MUNdrll.gif
UDD6Bra.gif
72cSrb6.gif
QqyGZDm.gif
vJwWnJA.gif
ppJ6ukN.gif

tomat, puppetyuber, haly, hylian7, delirium, pillowknight, dreamsvisions, drkirby

8ru5Mo4.gif
zSpjQjy.gif
uNf9Ytw.gif
SomgxN1.gif
VXeAjLH.gif
A8KVV93.gif
zckYSCV.gif
JfAoId1.gif

Why is shira weepinbell

Calidor

eyUXfqw.gif
Ntpy5U9.gif
JakPPUr.gif
afyJyJ4.gif
4gd53Wu.gif
dZG7IGf.gif
5YKNygk.gif
EklSR6M.gif

ERAyS8l.gif
hQgECb9.gif
MUNdrll.gif
UDD6Bra.gif
72cSrb6.gif
QqyGZDm.gif
vJwWnJA.gif
ppJ6ukN.gif

8ru5Mo4.gif
zSpjQjy.gif
uNf9Ytw.gif
SomgxN1.gif
VXeAjLH.gif
A8KVV93.gif
zckYSCV.gif
JfAoId1.gif

miltank.gif

Hylian7

eyUXfqw.gif
Ntpy5U9.gif
JakPPUr.gif
afyJyJ4.gif
4gd53Wu.gif
dZG7IGf.gif
5YKNygk.gif
EklSR6M.gif

ERAyS8l.gif
hQgECb9.gif
MUNdrll.gif
UDD6Bra.gif
72cSrb6.gif
QqyGZDm.gif
vJwWnJA.gif
ppJ6ukN.gif

8ru5Mo4.gif
zSpjQjy.gif
uNf9Ytw.gif
SomgxN1.gif
VXeAjLH.gif
A8KVV93.gif
zckYSCV.gif
JfAoId1.gif

Well my pants are usually off.

shira

eyUXfqw.gif
Ntpy5U9.gif
JakPPUr.gif
afyJyJ4.gif
4gd53Wu.gif
dZG7IGf.gif
5YKNygk.gif
EklSR6M.gif

ERAyS8l.gif
hQgECb9.gif
MUNdrll.gif
UDD6Bra.gif
72cSrb6.gif
QqyGZDm.gif
vJwWnJA.gif
ppJ6ukN.gif

8ru5Mo4.gif
zSpjQjy.gif
uNf9Ytw.gif
SomgxN1.gif
VXeAjLH.gif
A8KVV93.gif
zckYSCV.gif
JfAoId1.gif

Animated gif-off??? Unless your name is sunhilegend you ain't winning.
iwbE6KVv5O7Bg.gif

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
So much bitching about that draft, the draft wasn't why we lost. We lost because we didn't play to the strengths of our draft and made some crucial misplays in game.
I don't think I've had a single good game of CD with GAF.

DB

Enigma was 1st pick and they had 4 stuns + Venge to cancel that out + a Manta user and CK for more illusions.

Poor team fights due to Mirana Ult and me not being able to do much since they stayed spread out. We had a tower advantage, but once we lost 2 team fights mid-late it was over.

We could have won if he had gotten some better engagements, but the BKBs just ripped us and needing wards + sentries for vision felt like a giant change. WD or Enig just got silenced or Lina instagibbed them.

I take offense to that.

This is like our only win we've had together in that mode.

Pushing lineup that didn't push, and didn't coordinate well in fights eventually gets outfarmed. Our lineup was more than fine for winning that game, we just didn't do it.

As someone who plays a lot of all random, you can say that last part about ANY team comp (that's the fun of it). Doesn't mean your hero choices couldn't have been better.

Artanisix

I'm not a pokemon?

Well I dont play dota so it's alright

Sorry there are so many dotagaffers that I had trouble remembering people, plus I couldn't find selections I was happy with for everyone 8( I need to compile a checklist for this.

Pushing lineup that didn't push, and didn't coordinate well in fights eventually gets outfarmed. Our lineup was more than fine for winning that game, we just didn't do it.

Looks like you guys have the stronger deathball, I'd have to watch the game though to see how it played out.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
First thing I should have done was to get BKB after blink, would have changed things a lot. They still massively spread out and we had to rely on 2 channeled ultimates (and we needed vision for Mirana Ult, we should have had 2 people with Dust). We should have tried to fringe target someone first, but most of our engagements were them going into us. Tobe said he was getting gem, but then built Necro.

We did get all their T2's first, that part of pushing was fine.
Pushing into their high ground and losing every rosh is another matter.
I take offense to that.

ES with a force staff is not a good game.

Vaporak

I take offense to that.

As someone who plays a lot of all random, you can say that last part about ANY team comp (that's the fun of it). Doesn't mean your hero choices couldn't have been better.

The teamfight part sure, but not the part about pushing lineups that didn't push. It's important to know whether or not you are going to win it late in a battle of farming, and that should inform how you play in the match.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Had my first game as Ogre in like six months tonight. Goddamn I'd forgotten how much fun he can be. Helps that our Ogre Lina Gyro aggressive tri was an absolute death machine

ElyrionX

did you thank Invoker for the hard carry?

I wish my Invoker can hard carry. :(

Although Dagon on Invoker sounds interesting. Seems like a decent choice after the core of Eul, Force and Aghs is done. Though at that point, there are plenty of choices; Shivas, Skadi and Refresher. Hmmmmm

Shira is constantly one-upping himself as far as bad posts go.

Anyway, some of you may have seen this guy's post on r/dota2 advertising his hero builds. He updated all 106 hero guides for 6.79. I'm using them while I update my own hero builds.

I used his Sniper build yesterday. It was fine but I found myself in need of health regen. What health regen items should be built on Sniper?

Dahbomb

DB

Enigma was 1st pick and they had 4 stuns + Venge to cancel that out + a Manta user and CK for more illusions.

Poor team fights due to Mirana Ult and me not being able to do much since they stayed spread out. We had a tower advantage, but once we lost 2 team fights mid-late it was over.

We could have won if he had gotten some better engagements, but the BKBs just ripped us and needing wards + sentries for vision felt like a giant change. WD or Enig just got silenced or Lina instagibbed them.
Enigma 1st pick in a pool that has Venge is bad drafting but not having BKB on your Enigma is also not a good look. Ditto for the WD, I would be surprised if you guys got of many ultis. If you had BKBs then you would've been free to use your ultis after taking care of Venge (either killing her first or getting her in the whole).

NBtoaster

Shira is constantly one-upping himself as far as bad posts go.

Anyway, some of you may have seen this guy's post on r/dota2 advertising his hero builds. He updated all 106 hero guides for 6.79. I'm using them while I update my own hero builds.

I used his Sniper build yesterday. It was fine but I found myself in need of health regen. What health regen items should be built on Sniper?

Lifesteal + Skaadi will give you all the health and regen you need but wont work with Desolator.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Enigma 1st pick in a pool that has Venge is bad drafting but not having BKB on your Enigma is also not a good look. Ditto for the WD, I would be surprised if you guys got of many ultis. If you had BKBs then you would've been free to use your ultis after taking care of Venge (either killing her first or getting her in the whole).
See above post by me.
Lesson learned. Not sure why our WD had a Shadow Blade though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom