• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kard8p3

wtf, where's my DK sword? :(, I saw it in the schema so I'm fairly sure it's coming, just sad not to see it here

also I cannot believe that chen mount got in. That thing is atrocious.. yikes. I seriously do not understand how or why Na'Vi has chosen their modelers.

Hopefully the DK sword is there :(

Gonna have to disagree on the chen mount though, looks awesome.

Zeth

So lots of new stuff in the Frostivus chests + new sets tomorrow? Busting open my steam wallet for some self-gifting immediately.

Also seems there will be item rewards for the Wraith Night event if you cash in the currency?

Oh man, CyborgMatt stream visuals + soundtrack always gets a laugh out of me :p

This changes everything

Yep, shit is cray. but it means you really, REALLY have to pick your spots to ult. Often times it's better simply not to because if you get focused down, you give someone on the other team free extra damage.

Only drop that ult when you *know* you have a 1v1 you can win or otherwise have more numbers with you than against you (or unless you're just that stacked).

Jungle LC :eek:

Jungle LC, offlane LC, carry LC, support LC. All feel completely legit.

TommyT

Yep, shit is cray. but it means you really, REALLY have to pick your spots to ult. Often times it's better simply not to because if you get focused down, you give someone on the other team free extra damage.

Only drop that ult when you *know* you have a 1v1 you can win or otherwise have more numbers with you than against you (or unless you're just that stacked).

Jungle LC, offlane LC, carry LC, support LC. All feel completely legit.

Yup. I had boots and vlads at 9min in the jungle. Pretty fun hero!

edit: Although you don't come out of the jungle with the best ganking build (skill wise).

parasight

golden_reel_head_large.a2e97e073b80234e30f58ac190011a675566e7aa.png

You think Earth is your ally?

Also, this Furion set is just too much.

fungal_lord_hat_large.d42ebde2ed78c2bfbdbddfe28a1f689096ee8417.png

Razzer

Legion Commander is fucking LEGIT. Best portrait in the game (nice avatar Dreams) and a damn good model too. Can't wait to play her. Holdout sounds fun, undecided on SK change, the rest seems good.

Also, they changed the abandon thing just now so that party abandons alone cannot send you into low priority.

Randdalf

Just beat Wraith-Night, goddamn that
final form, if you mess up he heals all his health back through the ghosts
. Our team was: Omniknight, Venomancer, Sven, Axe and Lina. I feel as though Omni is almost mandatory, Axe and Lina are great early game but Axe falls off in the later stages.

Never trust an assassin.
Never trust a wizard.
Never trust a dragon.
Never trust a demon.
Never trust a snake.
Never trust a fish.
Never trust a tree.
Never trust an engineer.
Never trust an insect.
Never trust the dead.
Never trust a... Bear!
Never trust a--what are you anyway?

LOL these lines.

edit: Although you don't come out of the jungle with the best ganking build (skill wise).

with that build, you just have to coordinate with your team so that they go on whoever you ult. ganking before 6 is weak.

Kreunt

Banned
You now get an abandon if one of your party members abandon.
this is a terrible idea, it's going to make it less likely for people to group with other people that they don't know well/trust.

Added message indicating that players must complete a low-priority match with players on both sides to decrement their low-priority penalty count.
what does this even mean?

inkls

I wish that I did not have to play support to win matches.

You can also play split pushers like Np, Dp or Pl. At least now it doesn't matter if your team sucks in teamfight.

Ignore team -> splitpush -> win

You now get an abandon if one of your party members abandon.
this is a terrible idea, it's going to make it less likely for people to group with other people that they don't know well/trust.

Added message indicating that players must complete a low-priority match with players on both sides to decrement their low-priority penalty count.
what does this even mean?

Think it means no online bot games in low priority will count?

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Happy Slark will be CM enabled tomorrow. That's a very big deal for me.

I like everything about about LC aside from the VS / Winner lines above her head ... that actually looks super cheap and last second. Kinda weird, as everything else about her seems polished.

Dreavus

The more I think about it the more I like the Wraith King idea. Shows they aren't afraid to play around with the Lore of the game, which is otherwise completely static. Adds a bit of history to everything.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
LC Arcna ( - effects) courtesy of CyboigMatt

I don't like that they added a new hero with a rad spear and then day one gave her a set of dorky swords that look like they belong on Ember Spirit. I'll stick with my spear TYVM.

Just a note: You don't actually have to build jungle items like vlads on her. I just did a jungle LC unintentionally. Had lane items. Started 1-3-2-1 and had enough sustain to get to the treads and armlet no problem. It took me longer to get to level 6 than normal (~7:30) but that was because I didn't have any mana pots or a QB. I built her like I was building my lane LC and the results were exactly the same. In fact, I almost prefer jungling LC at the moment because the ganking is so good once you hit 6. The nuke hurts and the steroid + disable mean someone is going to die if the teammates in the lane aren't clueless.

LC's ult is just going to create a whole new level of ragequits, fingerpointing and overall bitching in pubs lol.

For a bunch of reasons.

I can already see the feeding LC's giving the other team's carries 40-50 extra damage. on a regular basis. it's very easy to do. It's not an ult you just want to throw out there as a, "well I'm going to die anyway" ult. Giving the enemy permanent buffs in addition to you dying will be the worst possible outcome.

150, aka barely longer than melee range.

BUT. That's better said, "150", because the shit reminds me of Bane's ult. You're easily catching people that are 400 units away.

Sibylus

Banned
Yeah, it's the same for most spells really. If you press R at any time they're within that 150 unit radius, that shit will stick regardless of the animation windup.

sephi22

You're supposed to use your ult on enemies that are about to get last hit on by teammates.
KSing with it leads to a lot of snowball potential for you.

Mid game you can just eat supports by dueling them.

Make damage items and then ball out of control late game.
Also its sad that you can't halberd while in Duel. Blademail still seems great. Use it before casting duel and have a good time.

inkls

didn't know that even worked in the first place

Not sure, either it worked and they stopped it or it never did, but some people in low priority still did it thinking it counted. Probably just added so people don't waste time playing those games thinking it counts as a game played in LP

You're supposed to use your ult on enemies that are about to get last hit on by teammates.
KSing with it leads to a lot of snowball potential for you.

Mid game you can just eat supports by dueling them.

Make damage items and then ball out of control late game.
Also its sad that you can't halberd while in Duel. Blademail still seems great. Use it before casting duel and have a good time.

You can still Halberd before the duel starts, so it's still an excellent choice. IMO. Blademail does seem very strong. Gonna give that a try now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom