• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fucking hate this team

I'm playing CM

I'm doing fucking everything because these fuckers are SO PASSIVE that as soon as I die they run away even if the entire team is pushing the T3 and only one fucker on the other team is alive

AARRRGGGHHHHH

TommyT

Just a note: You don't actually have to build jungle items like vlads on her. I just did a jungle LC unintentionally. Had lane items. Started 1-3-2-1 and had enough sustain to get to the treads and armlet no problem. It took me longer to get to level 6 than normal (~7:30) but that was because I didn't have any mana pots or a QB. I built her like I was building my lane LC and the results were exactly the same. In fact, I almost prefer jungling LC at the moment because the ganking is so good once you hit 6. The nuke hurts and the steroid + disable mean someone is going to die if the teammates in the lane aren't clueless.

For a bunch of reasons.

I can already see the feeding LC's giving the other team's carries 40-50 extra damage. on a regular basis. it's very easy to do. It's not an ult you just want to throw out there as a, "well I'm going to die anyway" ult. Giving the enemy permanent buffs in addition to you dying will be the worst possible outcome.

BUT. That's better said, "150", because the shit reminds me of Bane's ult. You're easily catching people that are 400 units away.

Oh yeah, was just using that item as a point of reference. Going to enjoy playing her a lot!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
As in permanent?

Likely not permanent for matchmaking, but it looks like its in the format Valve will use for mod once the mod tools come out.

Looks like there is going to be a filter to spectate just Wraith-Night games. Thats a thing.

Also, Valve changed Skeleton King's name in the the Mortal Strike Active tooltip, which I find a bit amusing.

Also, incase it was obvious, Solo Ranked and Party Ranked are different things and will have different ratings.

Also, there seems to be a "PLAY NOW" Button, not sure what thats going to be about.

Tool tip for custom games is set up,
"DOTA_RP_GAME_IN_PROGRESS_CUSTOM" "Playing %s1"

In addition to the Exalted quality, there is also Frozen Quality Item and Corrupted Quality.

Legacy of the Awakened set is going to get a custom loading screen added to it.

There is going to be a dota 2 winter sale. Don't expect actual good deals.

There is a Demons Imprisoned gem. Maybe thats related to Wraith-Night?

Razzer

Likely not permanent for matchmaking, but it looks like its in the format Valve will use for mod once the mod tools come out.

Looks like there is going to be a filter to spectate just Wraith-Night games. Thats a thing.

Also, Valve changed Skeleton King's name in the the Mortal Strike Active tooltip, which I find a bit amusing.

Also, incase it was obvious, Solo Ranked and Party Ranked are different things and will have different ratings.

Also, there seems to be a "PLAY NOW" Button, not sure what thats going to be about.

Tool tip for custom games is set up,

In addition to the Exalted quality, there is also Frozen Quality Item and Corrupted Quality.

Legacy of the Awakened set is going to get a custom loading screen added to it.

There is going to be a dota 2 winter sale. Don't expect actual good deals.

There is a Demons Imprisoned gem. Maybe thats related to Wraith-Night?

So it's possible that custom game tools may be coming in the next 3 months, or maybe 6? And if so do you reckon they will release holdout permanently then as a reskin of wraith night.?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wraith-Night actually has three difficultly rankings. Normal, Hard, and Insane.

Here is a list of all the new gems.
http://pastebin.com/CyBaEqTq

Dota adding masteries!?!?!?!
"Econ_Socket_AbilityEffect_Name" "Mastery: %s1"
"Econ_Socket_AbilityEffect_Desc" "%s1"
"Econ_Socket_Soul_Name" "Soul Gem: %s1"
"Econ_Socket_Soul_Desc" "%s1"

There is a text string for one "soul gem", the Raving Aristrocrat, but I have no clue who or what item it is for.
"DOTA_Soul_Gem_Raving_Aristocrat" "Raving Aristocrat"

Matt's Hud is getting in, with both styles.

There is now a filter to push to first show all tournaments you can watch, so you don't have to go though 21 pages.

Here are all the strings related to the "presents" you get leveling up. Hopefully Valve retroactively just gives them to everyone.
http://pastebin.com/cWW53yKX

Lina Announcer is $8.

So it's possible that custom game tools may be coming in the next 3 months, or maybe 6? And if so do you reckon they will release holdout permanently then as a reskin of wraith night.?

If they keep the mode around permanently, I think it will stay Wraith Night.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You can buy Quelling Blade still in Wraith Night, but it costs 3000 gold. Helm of Domn's active has been turned off for the mode.

Skab

Looks like Winter Wyvern will be coming soon as well.

noSkX0s.png

Sound clip from Wraith King

Other heroes have had lines for her. Doesn't mean anything.

I mean antimage has had terror blade lines since day one.

Boken

Banned
it doesnt mean "soon" - its just easier to record all the VO files at once, and even easier to just release them all as a package

Boken

Banned
If only we could all forget that awful hero ever existed. Now Volvo just need to get rid of Sniper.

Drow Beret + Lion's Lobster Claw + Beastmaster Helm are sweet.
Slark in CM? Wow, I expect him to be very popular in competetive. Ult is OP.
Legion Commander, cool.
you hate skeleton king design but you like the drow beret

wow ok

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Since I am sure someone cares, here is a bit on how the loot dropping works for Wraith Night.

There are two types of Fragments, Phantom and Shining. With the Phantom Fragments, you can get the Wraith Night Offering (2250 fragments), which will drop Common or Uncommon Items, or the Wraith Night Offering (8000 Fragments), which will drop Rare and Mythical Items. With the Shining Fragments, you can get ether a Wraith Night Ossuary (25000 fragments), which will give an item on loot list below, or a Recipe: Wraith King's Relic, which you will take 5 "Frozen" items, and make a "Corrupted Item" from the below list. Nothing seems to make Frozen items though, so no clue where they come from.

In order to get Shining Fragments, you must have a Wraith King's Favor activated. It costs $.99, and gives 500 minutes of collection time (Like the new battle bonus)

Ossuary Items (Will have gems too):
Ancestor's Frozen Axe
Wolfsden Gift
Besieging Bow
Lament of the Slain
Infernal Ram's Horns
Salamander's Fang
Rogue Omen
Hollow Ripper
Helm of the Warbeast
Redwood Claws
Tidal Blade
Curls of Flame
Relic Items:
Rimeheart the Doom Stallion
Death Shroud of the Frozen Apostle
Drake Guard of the Frozen Apostle
Horned Helm of the Frozen Apostle
Twisted Ghostblade of the Frozen Apostle
Cowl of the Cold Hunt
Raider's Patch
Lone Traveler's Beret
Ainidul the Eternal
Reaper of the Deep
Abyssal Hellclaw

ElyrionX

Wraith King mode is going to be so good. It's going to be like the good ol' WC3 hero defense games which was the precursor to Aeon of Strife. And Aeon of Strife was probably the best WC3 moba before Dota which I'm sure none of you noobs here knew about.

sephi22

I'm surprised no one made a new thread about this update on the gaming side.

We used to get a new thread for every update in TF2. Now that Dota's going the same 'big update' route I think we should make new threads for 'em.

This one's special because it adds ranked matchmaking, the lack of which turned a lot of Dota-curious people off.

Boken

Banned
Wraith King mode is going to be so good. It's going to be like the good ol' WC3 hero defense games which was the precursor to Aeon of Strife. And Aeon of Strife was probably the best WC3 moba before Dota which I'm sure none of you noobs here knew about.
You're one like one of those pretend hipsters aren't you

NG28

I'm surprised no one made a new thread about this update on the gaming side.

We used to get a new thread for every update in TF2. Now that Dota's going the same 'big update' route I think we should make new threads for 'em.

This one's special because it adds ranked matchmaking, the lack of which turned a lot of Dota-curious people off.

There is a thread, just gotta do some digging.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looks like it. On the test client I got the level 1 chest which contained that BH thing, a Name Tag and the subsequent chest, which you can only open if you're the appropriate level.

Whats also nice is at the end you will be granted a Present which can be opened every 5 levels (It just produces anther copy of its self with the level requirement 5 ahead), that will contain a Rare Item or up.

Maybe they are the frostivus crate items

Thanks for the post

See, I thought that, but it isn't set up to do that right now. Maybe when the update goes live.

You know, if they retroactively give those presents to player, item prices are going to TANK. Like me, with level 120, would instantly get 22 Rares+. Maybe they will only issue a single "Dynamic Present" to players who are a high level.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Damn died on the fight against Wraith King. Seems like Axe Sven CM LC WR is a great team.

I think a lot of heroes are going to be better then people expect, since Valve went though the effort to rebalance a bunch of them a bit.

I love the delivery on this line: http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/b/b2/Wraith_ability_incarn2_05.mp3

I find it really odd that they recorded lines for Mortal Strike's Active. I guess they must of done the VA session when it was still a thing. Windranger has her current name though, so I'm just confused now as to when Valve did this VA session.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
i tried dota again. i picked zeus and people got mad when i ulted. this friendly player added me after the game to clue me in on the error of my ways.
MHefhMs.jpg

am i missing a way to disable click to move on the mini-map? the ui is just massive and i find myself inadvertently clicking on that section. it is really kind of problematic.

i tried dota again. i picked zeus and people got mad when i ulted. this friendly player added me after the game to clue me in on the error of my ways.
MHefhMs.jpg

am i missing a way to disable click to move on the mini-map? the ui is just massive and i find myself inadvertently clicking on that section. it is really kind of problematic.

it's gonna take some getting used to is all.

M.D

So how do you guys play Ember Spirit? Played him for the first time yesterday, and I really liked him. Is he viable as mid or offlane?

He's pretty simple to play, and the chains + shield combo can do a lot of damage early on and scroe some easy kills

What are some good items for him?

MHefhMs.jpg

Don't listen to that person. I am pretty sure ks'ing (kill securing) is Zeus's main job.

Saprol

There's a console command 'dota_minimap_misclick_time' which you set to the number of seconds you want to wait until clicking inside the minimap works.

Wok

Players now receive a series of presents as they proceed through the early levels of the game. Each present contains some free items to use.

What is this?

Edit: Ah, I remember seeing this screenshot. It is about Dota levels, not in-game hero levels.

Kreunt

Banned
MHefhMs.jpg

ignore em, its fine to KS as zeus 99% of the time.

there's a console command to change the misclick timing for the minimap, you can try adjust it. some info here http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Minimap

Nymerio

Could it be that the whole kill stealing thing is more of a problem in the absolute beginner's bracket? I seem to remember that people complained constantly about people stealing their kills when I started playing but at some point the complaining went almost completely away and was replaced with "a kill is a kill".

Wok

Could it be that the whole kill stealing thing is more of a problem in the absolute beginner's bracket? I seem to remember that people complained constantly about people stealing their kills when I started playing but at some point the complaining went almost completely away and was replaced with "a kill is a kill".

I still meet a few ranters from time to time. The worst though is when you let them try to get the last hit and the ennemy escapes.

Because they're either newbies who don't realize how getting kills from outside normal exp range is more net gold and exp for the team or they just want to pad their KDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom