• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS4-

What a waste, my bonus thing isn't even working in WN today.

edit - was the easiest game ever with randoms, only took 35 mins.

Drow, Jak, Veno, Axe, Wr.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I know Radiance is normally an early game item or else you don't bother but goddamn, even if you're behind (like we were against a lineup including, among other things, KotL and PL) a late game Radiance does work on Spectre

I love Spectre so much. Easily my favorite late-game carry, I find her a lot more fun then Medusa or whatever

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I ran into a bug against an LC last night. I was in our base behind the wall and she was dueling someone on the low ground. I was Pudge and hooked her, with no mana for Dismember. She ran THROUGH THE WALL back down to who she was dueling. It's probably something with the whole "impassable terrain" thing with Pudge, even though that was not impassable terrain.
Thats not a bug, both heroes have free pathing for the duration of the duel.

Wok

I have just won a match which looked totally lost. Puck is really awesome when some other people play it.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Is that really intentional? That's not listed anywhere on descriptions for the skill.

Eh, lots of skills don't list small stuff like that. Its going to be relevant if LC or the other person get...force staffed, pudge hooked or venge swapped I guess?

EDIT: Guess they can't be force staffed so its only an issue with Pudge and Venge I guess?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Eh, lots of skills don't list small stuff like that. Its going to be relevant if LC or the other person get...force staffed, pudge hooked or venge swapped I guess?

EDIT: Guess they can't be force staffed so its only an issue with Pudge and Venge I guess?
Es can pull them, wisp can relocate them, Chen could send them back, clock could cog.

Corsick

I don't know what's going on, but my lag is obscene right now. I had to abandon my first game because of it. I warp around and move in slow motion, plus my console hot key wont work so I can't turn on my net graph. This patch really screwed my client up or something.

inkls

Just read the new LC lore and found a few interesting parts in it:

"They rode into their city, fighting through bloodstained alleyways and burning markets, cutting their way through the monstrous throng to the source of the sudden invasion: an ethereal rift within the city square, and at its precipice thundered their dreaded champion."

"Enwrapped in a corrosive shimmer, the leader of the abyssal horde swung its massive blade, cleaving a legionnaire in two as his flesh began to spoil. Tresdin lifted her blood-stained sword and settled her sights on the beast. It turned, smiling at her through a maze of teeth. Heedless of the battle raging around them, they charged one another."

"Her anger smoldered as she pledged brutal vengeance upon the forces of the abyss, and damned be any who would dare stand in her way."

Abyssal underlord confirmed to be her nemesis?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
My first Tresdin game, I'm in LUVVVVVVVVVVVVV <33333

188 damage stolen. All the damage!!!

vehn

I finished my 10 solo placement matches (plus played one game after), and the console command to see your MMR skill is the same as the MMR assigned to you after you finish the matches (and it goes up and down during the placement matches too). For all except one of my games, the MMR went up when I won, and down when I lost (luckily went up when I lost once).

Here's a graph of what it looked like:

MDRcuNn.jpg

Wok

you can check your MMR without playing the 10 ranked matches by typing 'developer 1' && 'dota_game_account_debug'

I have an average MMR:
  • solo_competitive_rank: 2573
  • solo_competitive_rank_uncertainty: 571
  • solo_calibration_games_remaining: 4
To be compared to the following percentiles:
5% 1100
10% 1500
25% 2000
50% 2250
75% 2731
90% 3200
95% 3900
99% 4100

Edit: I have been solely playing Legion Commander though, so I am effectively average (even bad) with this hero.

I finished my 10 solo placement matches (plus played one game after), and the console command to see your MMR skill is the same as the MMR assigned to you after you finish the matches (and it goes up and down during the placement matches too). For all except one of my games, the MMR went up when I won, and down when I lost (luckily went up when I lost once).

Here's a graph of what it looked like:

What was your performance like in the game where you lost but MMR went up?

percentiles (posted above by someone):
5% 1100
10% 1500
25% 2000
50% 2250
75% 2731
90% 3200
95% 3900
99% 4100

I wonder how much these apply to ranked, since you'd assume the overall quality would be higher. I imagine though your initial rating is basically your normal ranking but the uncertainty is reset so your initial movements are greater

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Rampant Speculation Time:
Wraith Night is not a holiday only map, its the first map of an official hold out mode Valve will fully release in the coming months. Similar in style to Mann Vs Machines, you will be able to party up and play on any of the maps. The Wraith King's Favor is the Tour of Duty Ticket of the mode, allowing you to get more shards and access to each maps specific items. This is why there is no announced "end" date, and one of the pieces of loot pertains to a future map.

Or I could just be wrong.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Rampant Speculation Time:
Wraith Night is not a holiday only map, its the first map of an official hold out mode Valve will fully release in the coming months. Similar in style to Mann Vs Machines, you will be able to party up and play on any of the maps. The Wraith King's Favor is the Tour of Duty Ticket of the mode, allowing you to get more shards and access to each maps specific items.

This is what I think too. Well, minus the Favor thing.

I think the Favors might be an experimental item to allow mapmakers access to a revenue stream in the vein as item creators.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Maybe, but they feel so much like a Dota version of a Tour of Duty Ticket, since a TF2 tour would take about the same length to play as the favor lasts.

Unless Valve wants to dabble with more uncharted waters, and pay map makers based on how much time people play their map with a favor item activated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom