• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ranked solo Q takes forever what is this

There is no solo queue though? It just places you on a team with parties and gives you a separate ranking. I really hate the set up of how they have ranked mm. I'll play some more but I don't know why you are forced to only two game modes and you can't be placed with other solo players. I got into matches extremely quick though.

Are matches last longer for everyone? Last night it seemed all matches lasted close to an hour or more.

ElyrionX

Regarding the Artificer Chisel and Hammer tools. The ones you get from the welcome gift has 5 uses but the store ones that sell for 0.99 USD only have one use? Is that right?

GorillaJu

There is no solo queue though? It just places you on a team with parties and gives you a separate ranking. I really hate the set up of how they have ranked mm. I'll play some more but I don't know why you are forced to only two game modes and you can't be placed with other solo players. I got into matches extremely quick though.

Are matches last longer for everyone? Last night it seemed all matches lasted close to an hour or more.
As far as my experience goes, all my ranked MMs except for one (where we did lvl 1 rosh and proceeded to completely thrash them) have been pretty long games.

Teams are more coordinated but more importantly they don't switch off and give up as easily. The team that loses the early game will always tighten up and play defensively until they finally buckle or even make a comeback.

Ultrabum

People complain about earth spirit in all pick ranked MM

FUCK THAT.

Played a team that instant picked brood + furion, gg.

Literally cannot beat that unless your team plays 10X better than theirs.

One time a TF2 update brought the entire of Steam down for a few hours during a Christmas sale.

It was at that point Valve capped how big their patches would be for TF2 (iirc that one was 1.5gb, they capped all future TF2 updates at .5gb after that incident)

I just expect it from Valve games. I guess that's really bad of an expectation but... eh...

M.D

Legion Commander is fucking insane

Played Single Draft and we had a bad draft with no supports, lost towers fast and Riki died 8 times to Bristleback by the 10-12 minute mark

LC was jungling and then joined team fights, by the time the game ended she had 294 bonus damage and did rosh solo in about 5-10 seconds

How is it possible that any of you are surprised by servers shitting themselves after a big update.
I don't get it either.
Regarding the Artificer Chisel and Hammer tools. The ones you get from the welcome gift has 5 uses but the store ones that sell for 0.99 USD only have one use? Is that right?
They all have five now. The single use ones was a bug for a day or two.
Ranked solo Q takes forever what is this
Do you want long wait times and games where everyone is at your skill level or short wait times where it's more varied? That's the trade off.

G.ZZZ

I don't get it either.

They all have five now. The single use ones was a bug for a day or two.

Do you want long wait times and games where everyone is at your skill level or short wait times where it's more varied? That's the trade off.

Lol they are the same as normal games, stomps everywhere and whatsnot.

Is there a lead designer or art staff for valve I can email?

I'm curious if troll has a rework coming eventually, seems kind of odd that his model hasn't been posted to the workshop yet and it's been almost a year.

BigAT

Legion Commander is fucking insane

Played Single Draft and we had a bad draft with no supports, lost towers fast and Riki died 8 times to Bristleback by the 10-12 minute mark

LC was jungling and then joined team fights, by the time the game ended she had 294 bonus damage and did rosh solo in about 5-10 seconds

Do you have a match ID? I'm curious to see how a good LC jungles.

Sliver

Do you have a match ID? I'm curious to see how a good LC jungles.

LC jungles amazingly well. Skill her E and W and get stout/quel/tangoes. You can stay in jungle pretty much the entire time, and you don't have to attack the easy camp either.

I've played 11 ranked matches and still dont have an mmr. Does it not count it if someone abandons? Not like I'm really looking forward to it. I've been mostly solo queuing ranked mm and been getting killed.

Randdalf

Played 4 ranked party games yesterday, we won the first two pretty handily, and lost the second two after that. What was annoying is that we basically threw those two losses, both of the enemy teams had a player calling gg because we dominated the early game so hard, but then suddenly their carries came online and wrecked us.

inkls

Not having much luck with wraith-night. Either stuck with complete noobs who all stay at one tower while the rest are being attacked or people who don't speak English. This is like the soloqueue of soloqueue.

Any tips for who to pick when soloqueing in wraith-night and items to buy?

Ultrabum

Pretty sure the servers shitting themselves are messing with the ranked MM tracking lol.

I used the console commands to show my MMR and games remaining ect. that was posted a while back, and the games remaining and MMR was not changing after 2 games I played lol

BigAT

Look for Dendis stream from yesterday, he was playing her a lot and jungling, it seemed very straightforward

Yeah, I know it's pretty straight forward but I always like to watch pros jungle just to see if there are any little details I can pick up on to up my efficiency. I feel like it can make a significant difference overall for jungling heroes.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Not having much luck with wraith-night. Either stuck with complete noobs who all stay at one tower while the rest are being attacked or people who don't speak English. This is like the soloqueue of soloqueue.

Any tips for who to pick when soloqueing in wraith-night and items to buy?

Pick Axe. Get Tranquil boots 2, Chainmail, Heart. Then later get another Heart or whatever works. But you should be tanking for your team. Use your W whenever you can, when there's a billion things around you, use your Q and turn on your chainmail, then finish with your ult. You're more effective the more you get mobbed and you're amazing at the first 12 waves, but this also means you're really useless against Wraith King himself. You should have a Drow or a WR for that fight though.

Demoli

People complain about earth spirit in all pick ranked MM

FUCK THAT.

Played a team that instant picked brood + furion, gg.

Literally cannot beat that unless your team plays 10X better than theirs.

Those two heroes imply having furi in the jungle, where is increadibly susceptible to ganks and makes the safe lane a lot weaker. Punish that with contant ganks on the furi or pushing brood's lane to hell to severely cripple one of the two then force teamwfights while they are essentially oen hero down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom