• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nymerio

I really like Wraith Night, but it seems to bring out the worst people. I've never met so many idiots in normal games than in Wraith Night.

inkls

Pick Axe. Get Tranquil boots 2, Chainmail, Heart. Then later get another Heart or whatever works. But you should be tanking for your team. Use your W whenever you can, when there's a billion things around you, use your Q and turn on your chainmail, then finish with your ult. You're more effective the more you get mobbed and you're amazing at the first 12 waves, but this also means you're really useless against Wraith King himself. You should have a Drow or a WR for that fight though.

Thats exactly how I'm building him lol, what about skills? I figured E and Q should be the two first maxed, is that right?

I really like Wraith Night, but it seems to bring out the worst people. I've never met so many idiots in normal games than in Wraith Night.

Same, wonder where they were hiding

Ultrabum

Those two heroes imply having furi in the jungle, where is increadibly susceptible to ganks and makes the safe lane a lot weaker. Punish that with contant ganks on the furi or pushing brood's lane to hell to severely cripple one of the two then force teamwfights while they are essentially oen hero down.

That sounds all good. But you need multiple heros to do those things. Send 3 heros to push brood's lane, Mid or top gets huge. Send 2 to gank furion in jungle, brood gets huge or mid/ top gets huge.

If they have wards for furion, u just wasted a bunch of time, exp, lvls.

The Rat doto meta is killing this game for me.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Thats exactly how I'm building him lol, what about skills? I figured E and Q should be the two first maxed, is that right?

Actually I level E and W first. You only really need one level in Q just for the aggro and armor boost which doesn't scale with the level. Everything should be dead within that duration anyways.

Razzer

That sounds all good. But you need multiple heros to do those things. Send 3 heros to push brood's lane, Mid or top gets huge. Send 2 to gank furion in jungle, brood gets huge or mid/ top gets huge.

If they have wards for furion, u just wasted a bunch of time, exp, lvls.

The Rat doto meta is killing this game for me.

Not necessarily. A good solo killer like slark could probably kill furion in jungle at level 2 with a level in pounce and essence shift. You would have it faster than him if you go mid so get it and go kill him. There are other heroes who can do this too. If you wanna push a brood to oblivion then get say a dark seer and her babies can't do shit except feed and you can get the tower down pronto with a basi. Like all of Dota it's just about suitable counters. If you don't like counter picking then you just have to suck it up.

M.D

Do you have a match ID? I'm curious to see how a good LC jungles.

Its not showing recent matches in the client or Dotabuff right now so I don't have it :/

Just had a match where the entire enemy team were carries except for a Tidehunter, and our entire team was supportish except me for as Night Stalker. I picked him because I thought he was the only carry left, but there was a Sven as well which would've worked out well against their PL

We also had a Windrunner which went for damage items instead of support

I had a good early game, went 8-0 from pretty much just ganking, but they won early team fights as soon as they got Ravage so it fucked us up.
They got the pretty towers quickly, but some how we managed to hang on and started winning team fights. I got a lot of farm and could stand against everyone except the goddamn PL when he finally got farmed :(

woodland

Man, started my rank rating spree this morning and got 3 wins. Server went down right as we finished last game (left normally but "Game In Progress" is up.

Now servers down ;(

I expect my next 7 games to go horribly wrong.

Quesa

People complain about earth spirit in all pick ranked MM

FUCK THAT.

Played a team that instant picked brood + furion, gg.

Literally cannot beat that unless your team plays 10X better than theirs.

Nyx/Spirit Breaker/Earthshaker/Timber. Gank that tree, fuck those spiders up.

Nyx/Spirit Breaker/Earthshaker/Timber. Gank that tree, fuck those spiders up.

Not necessarily. A good solo killer like slark could probably kill furion in jungle at level 2 with a level in pounce and essence shift. You would have it faster than him if you go mid so get it and go kill him. There are other heroes who can do this too. If you wanna push a brood to oblivion then get say a dark seer and her babies can't do shit except feed and you can get the tower down pronto with a basi. Like all of Dota it's just about suitable counters. If you don't like counter picking then you just have to suck it up.
I think you guys are missing the point. It's not impossible to counter this stuff. It's whether it's fun or not. Playing DS and nyx every game doesn't sound fun to me.

He needs to play a better drafting mode is the easy way.

Razzer

I think you guys are missing the point. It's not impossible to counter this stuff. It's whether it's fun or not. Playing DS and nyx every game doesn't sound fun to me.

He needs to play a better drafting mode is the easy way.

Good point, but he did say 'literally cannot beat that unless your team plays 10x better than theirs.' even then I doubt he gets brood and furion picked against him all that much, statistically it's just not likely.

Pratfall

One simple thing valve could do to make this game better for me would be to redesign antimage to look super dumb so that idiots stop picking him cuz he look like kool ninja. I have never encountered a good one.

Ultrabum

Good point, but he did say 'literally cannot beat that unless your team plays 10x better than theirs.' even then I doubt he gets brood and furion picked against him all that much, statistically it's just not likely.

No, it doesnt happen often.

But every game is split push, necro book, ect.

its boring as fuck.

That's just Ultrabum being Ultrabum. Over exaggeration is how he lives his life.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
That feel when your Ogre/Naix lane loses to their Spec/Drow lane

:(

laning against a semi-competent drow that knows how to harass with frost arrows is the most annoying thing ever. not to mention being two melee vs that lane.

Wes

venison crêpe
I can't stand the guys in beyondthesummit now. awful.

My opinion too. This time last year they were a welcome relief to joindota. Now, I'm getting quite tired of their schtick.

I still like Winter though. He's ok in my book. And Sheever as always.

Zeth

I now have to manually run the dota.exe as administrator to avoid the cef-error in the store/update pages. I fixed this a few months ago, but it's back. Might have to do with a recent Windows update :( Setting the exe to run as admin in compatibility mode worked before, but no longer.

Is it wrong that I'm more excited about a Dota 2 cosmetics sale than I am the Steam Winter Sale? If it's wrong, I don't want to be right. So far I've bought Shagbark, Valdi, Axe's Red Mist Reaper, Meepo's Key to the Bone Ruins, Disruptor's Rider of the Storm and Mirana's Garments of the Nightsilver Sentinel. Eyeing that Impending Transgression set for Doom.

I need some strats for wraith night, never made it past wave 5 in the games I've played.

Furion + treants too stronk.

Kill the Furions. If you let them start to build in numbers, the sprouting never stops, you will drown in a wave of lil' treants and the Treants will punch the blood out of your body while you're trapped in 3 or 4 sprouts.

Vamphuntr

Wraight Night is great but most games are filled with morons. I managed to win only once so far and that was the only time I made it to the end. I rarely get past 10 right now, most people don't listen to advice and gets wiped out at the broodmother or before.

Irritating.

Haunted

wanna party up for it?

I know axe is a must for every team comp and I've heard omni is pretty good too
I'm in a stack right now, but maybe we can get another GAF stack going later tonight. :)

Kill the Furions. If you let them start to build in numbers, the sprouting never stops, you will drown in a wave of lil' treants and the Treants will punch the blood out of your body while you're trapped in 3 or 4 sprouts.
I'll try that next time, thanks.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
BITCH I LOOK LIKE GANDALF

iM4US9IFq87Rn.png

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I have a Walrus Punch gem and I'm trying to socket it. Used a chisel, made a socket, but then no gems are allowed to be put in it. Bug?

Hylian7

I ran into a bug against an LC last night. I was in our base behind the wall and she was dueling someone on the low ground. I was Pudge and hooked her, with no mana for Dismember. She ran THROUGH THE WALL back down to who she was dueling. It's probably something with the whole "impassable terrain" thing with Pudge, even though that was not impassable terrain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom