• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kard8p3

I'm going to hazard a guess that Enigma and Huskar lost you the game. Their items... WTF

Huskar died so much early game..at one point I was 17-3..

Enigma walked up to their t3 tower when they were all there once and just..melted. Rubick only stole blink the entire match..

manfestival

yy0t.jpg

these sort of losses are never easy... I just wish my team would've listened to me before our mid and bottom rax went down. We might've actually won

GorillaJu

I always get 2 levels of Overwhelming odds before level 6, E W E Q Q R, even when jungling. Allows you to pop in lane for a 3v2 or 3v1.

I hate afk jungling. Making my team play 4v5 almost always weakens the teams chances. I like to get out ASAP, even if it means I don't have the shadow blade or blink yet and may not get a duel.

Merry christmas!

I didn't ask for anything for christmas, I should have asked for a hoodie!

edit: Those puck wings look awesome but I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that shirt.

Vade

Twas the night before a new thread, when all through gaf
Not a creature was flaming, not even Thorin.
The posts were hung on the thread with care,
In hopes that St Moody would soon be there.

The shit gafers were nestled all snug in their beds,
While dream visions had legion commanders dancing in his head.
And Freakin chair in her ‘kerchief, and Milkman in his cap,
Had just settled in for a long solo queue nap.

When out on the thread there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the chair to see what was the matter.
Away to the screen I flew like a flash,
Tore open the pages and threw up the sash.

The moon on the breast of the new-fallen posts
Gave the lustre of mid-day to posts below.
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a mid tier gaf tournement, and eight tiny teams.

With a little old driver, so lively and quick,
I knew in a moment it must be St Moody.
More rapid than eagles his bans they came,
And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name!

"Now Trasher! now, Guidos! now, Chad and IRS!
On, Make it Stop! On, Dr. Kirby! on, on Riot Games and Beap Beap Motherfuckers!
To the top of the porch! to the top of the wall!
Now dash away! Dash away! Dash away all!"

As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly,
When they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky.
So up to the thread-top the teams they flew,
With the tournament full of shit gaf, and St Moody too.

He was dressed all in fur, from his head to his foot,
And his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot.
A bundle of steam gifts he had flung on his back,
And he looked like a gaf poster, just opening his pack.

The stump of a crack pipe he held tight in his teeth,
And the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath.
He had a broad face and a little round belly,
That shook when he laughed, like a bowlful of jelly!

He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old elf,
And I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself!
A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,
Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread.

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
And filled the thread closed, then turned with a jerk.
And laying his finger aside of his nose,
And giving a nod, up the new thread he rose!

He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle,
And away they all flew like the down of a thistle.
But I heard him exclaim, ‘ere he logged out of sight,
"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night!"

M.D

These solo que games are one in a million, but when they do happen it feels so fucking good

I was playing Magnus mid against a TA, didn't have the best start but our supports were doing an awesome job and I got 2 kills around 5 minutes
Bristleback was also getting a lot of kills and Anti-Mage was actually farming instead of the usual Anti-Mage that comes into early team fights to die over and over again and never gets his Battlefury

I had Blink, BKB and got a Refresher at 33 minutes, was pretty freaking sweet.
By the end I had around 5K and had no idea what to get so I just straight up got a Daedalus , found a DD rune right after leaving the secret shop and with the Cleave I had some insane dmg lol

I think we could've finished the game earlier but Bristle was going solo a lot and AM REALLY liked farming

http://dotabuff.com/matches/440077508

when ranked started the search seemed fine but now every once in a while it seems to go to 8-12 min and feels like i'm not gonna find a game so i just requeue. is this happening to other people as well? do you just wait however long it takes? seems like it could bugging out i don't know

also didn't they make it so you wouldn't play solo against 5stacks in one of the latest patches? cause i had at least one game against one yesterday

Artanisix

when ranked started the search seemed fine but now every once in a while it seems to go to 8-12 min and feels like i'm not gonna find a game so i just requeue. is this happening to other people as well? do you just wait however long it takes? seems like it could bugging out i don't know

also didn't they make it so you wouldn't play solo against 5stacks in one of the latest patches? cause i had at least one game against one yesterday

What mode did you queu for? Typically takes 15 minutes for me to find a CM game on USWest servers. Also you can match as a solo against a five stack, it just won't be five solos against a five stack.

Necrovex

For some reason, I decided it was finally time to install DOTA II. Anything I should know prior to playing it? I only had a brief time with LoL; if I understand the basic of that game, should I have a decent understanding of DOTA II?

Hylian7

For some reason, I decided it was finally time to install DOTA II. Anything I should know prior to playing it? I only had a brief time with LoL; if I understand the basic of that game, should I have a decent understanding of DOTA II?
The tutorial will help, but won't teach you everything. The only way to learn everything is with lots of time playing.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It's also possible ranked is losing it appeal already, people don't seem to like that there is no ladder or divisions, just a number, and some people just stopped after their 10 games.

After you finish a match, you should read up on the heroes you played with and fought against to get a better understanding on what they do. A lot of the skills sound confusing as hell until you play against a hero, and then they make sense.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I really like ranked personally!
I have enjoyed party ranked, but haven't been able to play it in several days. I have no clue how well it will work with people with significantly different mmr, the people I have played with so far only vary a few hundred at the most.

I may have some decent time next semester to really grind out some games in solo, ill have like a 3 hour down time between some class, and I'm pretty sure the schools computers can run dota off a flash drive properly (they were able to play tf2 just fine in the past.)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
http://dotabuff.com/matches/440042997

Pick Earth Spirit, do well, team fails, still lose.

Solo queue is suffering.
That's not how you ES in pubs dude. You have to specifically go to the lane your shitty only carry is in and literally feed him kills with your combo. Apart from that your other role is to TP constantly so you strike fear into the enemy team and create space.

Also you need a big item before Force in that match IMO. Also urn is 100% core. It's insanely good on ES. I've gone BKB first vs Invoker, were you mid vs him?

Your SB was terrible, but with a TP any gank he should do should be a kill since you have roll.

That's not how you ES in pubs dude. You have to specifically go to the lane your shitty only carry is in and literally feed him kills with your combo. Apart from that your other role is to TP constantly so you strike fear into the enemy team and create space.

Also you need a big item before Force in that match IMO. Also urn is 100% core. It's insanely good on ES.
Tldr: watch Hazaro's replays and become a god of the arena.

Hylian7

Also you need a big item before Force in that match IMO. Also urn is 100% core. It's insanely good on ES.
Like as support ES or what?

I always forget about Urn, and what big item? BKB?

I don't know if you watched the replay or not, but I wrecked the mid and had a lot of good ganks, but Wraith King still had no farm/poor item choice (no BKB?! Seriously?!)

To answer your edited in questions, I was mid against Invoker. Even with spacecow being bad, we still had a lot of well coordinated ganks with him.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Like as support ES or what?

I always forget about Urn, and what big item? BKB?

I don't know if you watched the replay or not, but I wrecked the mid and had a lot of good ganks, but Wraith King still had no farm/poor item choice (no BKB?! Seriously?!)

To answer your edited in questions, I was mid against Invoker. Even with spacecow being bad, we still had a lot of well coordinated ganks with him.
As whatever role he needs to be. Even as support ES getting a BKB is good because invoker NEEDS to be silenced in a team fight and it allows you to roll in and disable everyone else. DK will just stun you for 4s if you try to get close and Invokers disables are long enough you can just die.
Because you kill so early I go Boots -> Urn -> Arcane -> Situational items.

If you want I can coach an ES game for you, I'll look over the replay now. I tried adding on on Steam but it's broken. *Okay all of Steam is dead.

Zeth

haha

The urge to buy this puck shirt is rising, 10$ off valve store. I could wear it as pajamas, no one will ever know~.

That's what I use it for. If it helps, the art on the shirt is very feint and the design is the same color as the shirt so it's less visible. I think the Jug shirt is the best in this respect. Also love my Dragon Sword with the Fireborn Odachi kinetic gem :p

Hylian7

As whatever role he needs to be. Even as support ES getting a BKB is good because invoker NEEDS to be silenced in a team fight and it allows you to roll in and disable everyone else. DK will just stun you for 4s if you try to get close and Invokers disables are long enough you can just die.
Because you kill so early I go Boots -> Urn -> Arcane -> Situational items.

If you want I can coach an ES game for you, I'll look over the replay now. I tried adding on on Steam but it's broken. *Okay all of Steam is dead.
I guess I was just trying to play it like a traditional mid hero. Snowball (without the snow I guess though) and start fights. That ulti is so good and if you are against any invis you are a mandatory dust carrier in the vein of SB. The game after that one I played ES again and always carried dust against a PL. So many solo kills on him, even ~30 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom