• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I played Invoker earlier and was the only person on my team to have single-digit deaths.

I'm not even mad. I'm impressed at how someone can die 25 times. I had to go MoM/Daedalus Invoker and that turned out to be quite fun too.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Because it's a relic of quas wex Invoker where it has really good sinergy with both phase boots and wex, on an exort invoker you can make better items for mobility like force staff and blink and you don't care that much about the stats. Also you're gonna have midas, boots, tp and wand/stick most games, you can't afford to waste slots on items that don't really give you much of anything

quas wex invoker all day

GorillaJu

I guess ursa is a hard counter to timbersaw? Versuta is getting wrecked 1v1 lane against ursa. 0-4 feed mode

It's definitely a match-up in Ursa's favor.

Ursa has high STR and STR gain at 2.90, but the fact that his primary stat is agility means Timber can't bully him out of CSing range by doing Whirl, which is useful against STR heroes and heroes which have low HP. Ursa is neither.

The -15% to primary stat doesn't matter to Ursa either since if he wants to fight, a lot of his damage comes from Swipe bonus dmg which isn't affected by agility. He also has very high base movespeed (Timber's is very low), so if you catch Timber with thunder clap, even if he timber chains away you have a good chance of catching up to him and finishing him off, and there's not much he can do before he gets his sawblade at lvl 6. However you should be able to dominate him so much in the early game that you'll be hitting 6 before him.

The last thing is that Timber's armor/regen buff is useful vs. ranged lane enemies who deal damage in small increments, rather than Ursa who does his in a 1-2 second burst.

I've been on both sides (as the Timber and as the Ursa), and it's a lane that Timber will lose 8 times out of 10, similar to OD vs. Razor.

Sanjay

ITS HERE!
iNPRaIN3MP8Wd.jpg

TO BATTLE!

Madouu

Well, I finally got through my ranked calibration matches. 4100 mmr, I guess it's not too bad. I wonder what would be the equivalent in terms of hon MMR.

ITS HERE!
iNPRaIN3MP8Wd.jpg

TO BATTLE!

That's pretty awesome.

I want a heart of Tarrasque jewel/diamond type thing I could put on my desk.

edit: Which reminds me, I'm surprised that didn't have a name change. Its pretty much a straight rip from DnD and I'm sure a lot of valve employees know that.

ViviOggi

My 5 poke balls are coming Friday. Can't wait to see what trash I get instead of the Dagon

You're most likely better off selling them and buying the stuff you want from the market. I got the Armlet and that DP crown that fits with neither her standard outfit nor the two sets I own. Both are like 5€ on the marketplace whereas a box is currently going for 15€.

It's hard to resist though, I know that for a fact.

Epix

Are there any tools out there that can scan my inventory and tell me the most monetarily valuable items I have that I can sell?

That's pretty awesome.

I want a heart of Tarrasque jewel/diamond type thing I could put on my desk.

edit: Which reminds me, I'm surprised that didn't have a name change. Its pretty much a straight rip from DnD and I'm sure a lot of valve employees know that.
Which is a straight rip from medieval dragon legends.

So it all works out.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My 5 poke balls are coming Friday. Can't wait to see what trash I get instead of the Dagon

They are no longer pokeballs, they now come in cute little boxes.

I got 2 Bloodseekers, a Tide, and a Earth Shaker. I was hoping for an Enigma or Warlock, oh well. I figured I would actually open up one of the chests this time, and sell the rest, but got a pretty good roll.

They are no longer pokeballs, they now come in cute little boxes.

I got 2 Bloodseekers, a Tide, and a Earth Shaker. I was hoping for an Enigma or Warlock, oh well. I figured I would actually open up one of the chests this time, and sell the rest, but got a pretty good roll.

I got an Enigma and am looking for Tide... want to trade?

M.D

I'm honestly tired of complaining, but this game has some of the worst fucking people ever. I seriously can't believe people like this exist.

I'm playing solo que ranked, this guy takes captain and picks what ever he likes without asking anyone, but its not the worst draft ever so whatever..

Captain picks Earthshaker and goes safelane with DK lane with no items at all, he takes one last hit from DK to get a bottle and DK starts going all crazy why are you taking my last hits

DK comes bottom where me (Lich) and Specter are, then Earthshaker starts roaming and he DK goes to jungle the entire freaking game, he doesn't give a fuck at almost any point to come and fight and Specter decides to go top for no reason and leaves the lane.

At some point when I'm going top, Viper comes to gank a Timbersaw and I join him.
We start attacking him, he's on low HP and he was going to try to Tibmerchain away so I use my frost blast to kill him

From that point on, this fucking Viper would not stop shit talking and crying that I steal kills from from the carries and "go carry, go kill them Lich" for the entire fucking game even tho I was the only one doing the actual support buying wards, getting a Mek and so on

He goes AFK for long durations, talks shit and calls everyone noobs for the entire game and of course everyone start talking shit to one another as it gets worse and were obviously losing the game.

Madouu

I'm honestly tired of complaining, but this game has some of the worst fucking people ever. I seriously can't believe people like this exist.

Sounds like it's time for you to queue with some reasonable people and forget about soloing for a change of pace.

Anteo

iKwEkIUxUhmuv.gif

sometimes u just gotta end shit at level 3 #beastin'n'feastin

Yeah, never retreat vs a SF with mana to nuke you down.

Back in my Lan pub days I actually found that mid level SF can be mindgamed by this, I used to pick Phantom Assasin vs these guys and going mid, at some point I just jumped at them and hit them till we both were low, for some reason they expected me to back up (both of us at 100 hp or something) I didnt. You could actually see the moment they got desesperate and tried to back up ("You are gonna back up and I'm gonna raze you. Any time now. Any time. Why are you not doing it!! Ahhhh! *stops fightin and tries to flee, gets slowed down and killed") They basically gave a free kill. Fun times.

I'm playing solo que ranked, this guy takes captain and picks what ever he likes without asking anyone, but its not the worst draft ever so whatever..

Captain picks Earthshaker and goes safelane with DK lane with no items at all, he takes one last hit from DK to get a bottle and DK starts going all crazy why are you taking my last hits

DK comes bottom where me (Lich) and Specter are, then Earthshaker starts roaming and he DK goes to jungle the entire freaking game, he doesn't give a fuck at almost any point to come and fight and Specter decides to go top for no reason and leaves the lane.

At some point when I'm going top, Viper comes to gank a Timbersaw and I join him.
We start attacking him, he's on low HP and he was going to try to Tibmerchain away so I use my frost blast to kill him

From that point on, this fucking Viper would not stop shit talking and crying that I steal kills from from the carries and "go carry, go kill them Lich" for the entire fucking game even tho I was the only one doing the actual support buying wards, getting a Mek and so on

He goes AFK for long durations, talks shit and calls everyone noobs for the entire game and of course everyone start talking shit to one another as it gets worse and were obviously losing the game.

oh god lol I LOVE hearing these hilarious Dota 2 stories of people who just cannot be for real. Like, everybody on here has experienced them and to this date, 1800 games later, I still shake my head in disbelief when I get matched with people like that. How can these people operate a computer properly? How the fuck did they manage to boot up Dota? It's just mind-boggling.

fiore

Banned
Yeah, never retreat vs a SF with mana to nuke you down.

Back in my Lan pub days I actually found that mid level SF can be mindgamed by this, I used to pick Phantom Assasin vs these guys and going mid, at some point I just jumped at them and hit them till we both were low, for some reason they expected me to back up (both of us at 100 hp or something) I didnt. You could actually see the moment they got desesperate and tried to back up ("You are gonna back up and I'm gonna raze you. Any time now. Any time. Why are you not doing it!! Ahhhh! *stops fightin and tries to flee, gets slowed down and killed") They basically gave a free kill. Fun times.

Very good mind game analysis

Jex

I really enjoy playing a match of Random Draft where the enemy team drafts a Zeus, we draft a bunch of squishy heroes and no-one on my team even goes as far as picking up a naked cloak, no matter how much I beg them. Of course, feeding commences pretty quickly and by the end of the match Zeus goes full troll and grabs a Refresher.

Quesa

I really enjoy playing a match of Random Draft where the enemy team drafts a Zeus, we draft a bunch of squishy heroes and no-one on my team even goes as far as picking up a naked cloak, no matter how much I beg them. Of course, feeding commences pretty quickly and by the end of the match Zeus goes full troll and grabs a Refresher.

What? Why would you enj-- oh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom