• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anuxi tell us pls WHY Luna items are not in yet? I loved you butterfly themed one, in fact I have some steam bux saved up for it!

It's weird. They broke her down for the importer, but never officially "released" her model. You still have to extract a model yourself if you want to work on her rather than using provided files and Valve doesn't like that so much. So she's out, but not really - purgatory-land.

In the process of figuring out Zbrush myself so I can make progress on things. It can be such an obtuse program at times though. Really apparent that it was built upon organically because some of the idiosyncrasies are not logical at all if you were building a 3D program from scratch. Still, it seems superior enough to Mudbox to be worth the effort to learn.

sixtyfivedays

Neo Member
So, what is your guys take on the the the Demon/RTZ team Take 5 getting Disqualifed from MLG because they didn't add any stand ins to their team's roster and Demon forgot about the match and went to the gym?

I'm really glad MLG is enforcing their rules as many organizations don't. T5 clearly made a mistake and were punished for it.

Kenaras

Yea that's what I would normally go. I was just wondering if soul ring and tranquils would be a cheaper alternative so I could get to roaming and ganking faster. I don't really know the prices though.

Also you'd definitely have to disassemble the tranquils for mana boots at some point.

After many games of trying to make Soul Ring work, I've decided it's just not worth it for a lane support or roaming support. (Jungle supports like Enigma have the income for it.) Stock up on on Clarities instead, and make do with those until you can finish your Arcanes. You can buy 16 Clarities for the price of a Soul Ring; 8 if you count the buyback value of the Soul Ring.

Tranquils are fine early if you really need the regen. Just be sure to disassemble for Arcanes once you can afford the upgrade. One of the rings can be used for a Force Staff or Mekansm, and the other can be used for a Basilius or just sold.

shira

iQGFxe9kxX8am.jpg

mm that new thread smell.

Im making items again, slowly with my temp setup and crappy mobile internet.

4.1 gb update for dota2 killed me. (corrupted files ftl)

axe.gif

I humbly await my axe with feathers and balls dress.

M.D

I always have shitty luck with Lone Druid
I was safelane with my friend playing NP in the jungle. I was up against a morph and a veno who kept putting down wards every second which pushed the lane but also meant the tower was taking damage, and then they took down the tower quickly. Morph was also harassing my friend in the jungle so he delayed some of his items.

They just kept getting towers, and thats when I notice they have a very well farmed alch. Even then, we managed to score kills anf get some towers, but it wasn't enough..

Of course this had to be one of those teams where the supports doesn't buy a courier or wards till later in the game when we ask him, or get dust for the alch.

It feels like me and my friend moved to a higher MM or something, but you still get bad teams. It seems like the better the other team is, the worse is your team.
Among three of their players the morph had thr least wins with 397 wins, so this was at least a team with some experienced people

LD really isn't that good in typical 2v1 situations especially if they have any kill potential. He needs to be in a 1v1 or you're probably better off jungling him. Unless you're doing wave pulling shenanigans in the offlane with the bear.

How much money are you gonna get on average with jungle LD compared to lane LD?

Well less of course, but probably more than if you were contested. I'm not that comfortable with the hero though, only played him a few times. Not sure on his jungle speed compared to other heroes. I want to say he's about on par with Prophet, though still slower than Batrider, Enigma, and Doom (if your creeps are good.) Not sure where Enchantress and Chen fit in there since they usually focus on early ganks which LD wouldn't be doing. Chen can obviously be higher if stacking the hard camp and you get a wildkin which is not quite as doable on Enchantress.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
How long did that take?

RIP
all night, and a full recharge of my prepaid data later :p

Anuxi tell us pls WHY Luna items are not in yet? I loved you butterfly themed one, in fact I have some steam bux saved up for it!

I have no idea to be honest. I was hoping they would start releasing at last the really popular luna set (oniLolz and zaphk) after they updated her mount, but seeing as that got reverted I have no idea :(

In the process of figuring out Zbrush myself so I can make progress on things. It can be such an obtuse program at times though. Really apparent that it was built upon organically because some of the idiosyncrasies are not logical at all if you were building a 3D program from scratch. Still, it seems superior enough to Mudbox to be worth the effort to learn.

Zbru was originally designed as a 2D program with 3D tricks built in. But people found that the 3D tricks were actually really powerful for the time. So focus shifted away from 2D to 3D over the years.
The controls were setup around tablet users which is why the zoom controls are a little obtuse :p

Once you get used to them its pretty second nature though :)

JustinBB7

LD really isn't that good in typical 2v1 situations especially if they have any kill potential. He needs to be in a 1v1 or you're probably better off jungling him. Unless you're doing wave pulling shenanigans in the offlane with the bear.

I laned against a weaver and some other hero as LD yesterday. Weaver just kept hitting my hero, not much I could do to stop that besides hide behind the trees and use bear for last hitting. Was pretty annoying.

Haunted

I've seen meepo and slark ripoffs in hearthstone god blizzard get your own material and don't steal everything from dota

Hylian7

If anyone was watching my last two Lone Druid games, my bear has definitely improved!

Also, am I right in saying the cutoff for whether I'm going Radiance or not be a 20 minute Relic?

sephi22

If anyone was watching my last two Lone Druid games, my bear has definitely improved!

Also, am I right in saying the cutoff for whether I'm going Radiance or not be a 20 minute Relic?
Saw your last game with the Spectre feeding. You guys did well. I'm surprised no one bought vision for the Sand King that was running circles around you

Karakand

I've seen meepo and slark ripoffs in hearthstone god blizzard get your own material and don't steal everything from dota

I heard Windrunner is gonna be in Blizzard Not-Stars, WTF Blizzard I know your whole schtick is taking existing material and reprocessing it but you're not going to get this fastball by anyone.

BraXzy

Ooh, I'm not too late, it's still kinda got that shiny new thread smell. How do you do the whose posted thing on prior threads?

ElyrionX

Finally, from a deficit of 20 at one point, my win-loss ratio is finally back to parity at 83-83. Puck is my best hero with a win-loss of 19-11.

I have to say that squeezing into parties with higher mmr people has definitely helped me to improve and made the experience less frustrating. Playing with people who know how high level competitive dota is played and actually tries to play the game that way has been a lot more satisfying. Matches tend to be more even and I have seen a lot less one-sided stompy games and a lot less shit like 4-carry teams (for both sides).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why is Clock bleeding he's a robot.

EDIT: Oh, it's a suit.

Tagyhag

I feel that if I want to win late-game, the best choice for me is Sven. He just RIPS teams apart the later the game goes, not even Faceless can do that much damage.

I only get the hi invites when im drinking

Fun having Hylian carry us though wish i was sober so i can practice a little more with better peeps.
fun game though.

And CM>Veno every day idc wtf u'all say

Kard8p3

Was watching Hylian for awhile, I was the guy who asked the midas swap question, you definitely are better at LD than me haha.

Was watching Hylian for awhile, I was the guy who asked the midas swap question, you definitely are better at LD than me haha.

ahhh all good.
You will learn something everyday in dota if you pay attention....even small shit.
Today I learned that not only does Nolan North do VA for Dota but he did both Brew and LD (probably more, i never play LD but do play brew so i recognized voice, asked and yeah).

something I learned a long time ago.....dust should be core on SB

Been having lots of issues with the game since the first blood update. First the game starts off pixelated for a couple seconds. Next when I'm in game it stutters randomly throughout the game. In the last few days the game just suddenly crashes on me with no warning - the window just closes.

Today was the last straw. The game crashed my PC. It hasnt happened with any other game I have on steam. Just dota 2. Incredibly annoying. I sent valve a message through steam support so I guess I'll just cross my fingers.

Lets just say I havent been too happy with how they've been handling dota 2 and I have over 2000 hours on the game. I'm ready to quit at any time.

Sibylus

Banned
Been having lots of issues with the game since the first blood update. First the game starts off pixelated for a couple seconds. Next when I'm in game it stutters randomly throughout the game. In the last few days the game just suddenly crashes on me with no warning - the window just closes.

Today was the last straw. The game crashed my PC. It hasnt happened with any other game I have on steam. Just dota 2. Incredibly annoying. I sent valve a message through steam support so I guess I'll just cross my fingers.

Lets just say I havent been too happy with how they've been handling dota 2 and I have over 2000 hours on the game. I'm ready to quit at any time.
How hot is your GPU running? Last time you cleaned it with compressed air? None of that sounds good...

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
#1 trench support GAF

Update your video drivers if you haven't yet.

Load into a game and check that your CPU and GPU LOAD temps are under 70C and 85C respectively.

Run memtest86+ overnight to check your system memory. I'd say to run FURMark for 15 minutes, but that might make your computer explode. You could run it if you keep your finger over the power button. Any artifacting or pixelating is almost always a GPU issue.

Sibylus

Banned
Are either of you only running Dota 2 for hours on end at load? Same issues might not recur in other games if you're just jumping in and out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom