• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, never really expected people to not like Anuxi's set because it uses the double sword animations

They're really convinced those animations are unique and reserved for one item? There was never any indication of that.

Quesa

I'm convinced support alch is the best pubstomper around, even better than ES. Early roams with concoption to mid and enemy trilane are impactful and you stay relevant for so long the enemy just can't deal with it.

And yet people in pubs don't believe me when I say I'm going support alch. Picked him earlier, said it was a support Alch and my mates didn't believe and told me to safe lane with rubick.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
been playing a lot of mirana offlane lately and had great success, her skill shot feels so good when it lands.I 've been playing her as a offlaner who then transitions into a carry but i heard she can also support is that a thing?

Demoli

why no items for brewmaster?

brewbrewjgxvq.png

Third least played Hero in pub play dota and it can't be far off in comp either unfortunatly, I feel like the hero needs a buff, love me some brwemaster.

brewbrewjgxvq.png

Third least played Hero in pub play dota and it can't be far off in comp either unfortunatly, I feel like the hero needs a buff, love me some brwemaster.
He just got a buff! Granted it was to make him more micro intensive so that doesn't really help his pub standing.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone told me he was secretly an amazing pubstomper.

The best thing about star ladder was having LD and Merlini doing the casting instead of Tobi.

To keep moving the production value up, they need to get the winners and losers over to the English commentary booth after the onstage Russian pieces are wrapped up (which need to be put on a timer).

Demoli

He just got a buff! Granted it was to make him more micro intensive so that doesn't really help his pub standing.

Doesn't help his comp play wither when for you to get access to that buff need 4200 gold item on top of boots, bottle and blink.

The cooldown in unnecessarily long, 180/160/140 is simply way too long when other ultimes with arguably more impact have way smaller cds, like RP and Wall. 140/110/80 seems way more reasonable.

Edit: and ou are right, for the most part he pub stomps cause drunken haze shuts down carries who refuse to buy bkbs, like most pubs usually do.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Saw this was answered earlier, but I thought I'd respond as well.
I've been having fun playing juggernaut lately (I really like heroes that don't have to build bkb) and I've been looking at builds lately, got a few questions:

-Is stats at lvl 2 a good idea? Should you also get stats at 4 (and why) or is only one early point in stats sufficient?

Stats at 2 is a good idea, you will still need a pair of branches to have 310 mana at level 6 for ulti/spin.

-Is Battlefury a good first item (after boots)? What are good items on him?

I think bfury on him is terrible. That's an item you want to buy if you're farming and not fighting or intend on taking the game late with a gold advantage. Because he gets outcarried by pretty much everything you don't want to do that. Drums, ags, and then a large mix of items are viable depending on the game. Basher (and abyssal), yasha/manta/sny, diffusal, bfly, ac, you can make almost anything work on him. Orchid can be useful too.

-Is Agh super core, as in you should build it in 99% of games?

I think so, but depending on the game and your income you might not want to get it first. If you're snowballing super hard or need an item in particular, like diffusal against warlock or something, you don't have to. More at the end.

-Is jugg a situational pick or is it ok to pick him in most games

I think he's ok to pick as long as there is either something else carry-ish on the team. And maybe if there aren't a lot of counters around.

-What are good lane partners apart from cm (love that root and bonus mana regen) and venomancer (awesome gale first blood)?

Anything with any kind of disable works.

-Is there any way to have the healing ward auto select you (follow you) as soon as you make it appear? (I've had a game where it would have this behavior every time it spawned, but it didn't do that yesterday and I've tried to double tapping and casting with the reticule on myself).

There might be, dunno. Often times you'll need to micro it to do something different to prevent it from being killed

-Whats good vs jugg? I'm guessing omni's ult is a pain in team fights, any invisible heroes since it'll stop his ult unless wards or sladar/bh ult has been cast. Also guessing any right-clickers like Ursa, Pl (diffusal will probably wreck your small mana pool), Abaddon because of his ult, Anything with chase potential that can keep up until blade fury ends and have lockdown, TA since i assume refraction will block part of his ult.

What's going to hurt you more than anything else is heroes with summons. I wouldn't pick jugg if there was a Furion, enchantress, chen, maybe visage, etc on the other end, kills your bounces. You're right in big right clickers mess him up, but they mess everyone up. Just another example of jugg not being a real carry.

-How effective as a carry is he? How well does he scale late game compared to other carries? (is he more of a 2 instead of 1)

As I've said not very effective as a solo carry unless you run a big timing push early with healing ward and 4 other pushers. He drops off and can't toe to toe anything late game without omni, and even then it can get dicey against tanky heroes. Also be aware of ghost scepter, euls, blinks, force staves, etc, they can all compromise your ulti.

-Is he more of a farming hero or do you start roaming post 6, 11?

I almost exclusively play him mid and gank a lot, any time I don't is not by choice. If you get boxed in to the 1 role you may not want to waste too much time roaming, but he's a hero meant to fight, not farm.

-Should you max ward first if against a harass heavy lane or is 2 points sufficient?

Probably not, you need spin points to have some teeth.

-Does bade fury disable roots (not stuns)? I know it disables abilities like kunkka's "X" (Had a game yesterday where he used it and I used blade fury so the recall didn't work)

It's a magic immunity, so anything magic gets disjointed.

-What is he good against?

Ideally squishy heroes without summons.

You've got to get ahead with jugg early if you want to be a right click threat, he can't really stand on even ground with anyone. That's why I feel ags is the safer/better way to go, it allows you to wreck on people with your ultimate more efficiently and more often, and gives you some stats you really need. Remember, ags no only increases base jumps and decreases CD, but also increases the amount of bonus jumps you get from attack speed, so it's a scaling item as well. With level 1 omni don't even bother casting it on 2 full hp heroes, needs to be someone alone, but with level 3 and ags you can do a significant amount of damage to an entire team with a little bit of farm.

Sanjay

Ignore the poster above, just don't forget to spin during lategame to output your damage.

That is the key to playing Jugg.

M.D

Had no time to play the last 2 days except for half hour Invoker bot matches. I WANT TO TEST MY INVOKA SKILLS IN A REAL MATCH

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
It's been a while since I played Jugg, maybe I was thinking of Tusk's thing.

You have auto select summoned units enabled. That makes summoned wards and stuff auto follow you without having to manually select them.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Pretty sure the Healing Ward follows Jugg by default unless you move it.

It sadly doesn't, you have to give it a move command. Its super easy for people who use the default controls, since you just have to left click ward right click jugg, but if you have right click deny on you have to use the move button to make it follow.

Hylian7

You have auto select summoned units enabled. That makes summoned wards and stuff auto follow you without having to manually select them.
No I don't. There is something that follows you automatically and it is either Jugg's ward or Tusk's Sigil. 90% sure it's the latter.

Stats at 2 is a good idea, you will still need a pair of branches to have 310 mana at level 6 for ulti/spin.

I think bfury on him is terrible. That's an item you want to buy if you're farming and not fighting or intend on taking the game late with a gold advantage. Because he gets outcarried by pretty much everything you don't want to do that. Drums, ags, and then a large mix of items are viable depending on the game. Basher (and abyssal), yasha/manta/sny, diffusal, bfly, ac, you can make almost anything work on him. Orchid can be useful too.

I think so, but depending on the game and your income you might not want to get it first. If you're snowballing super hard or need an item in particular, like diffusal against warlock or something, you don't have to. More at the end.

I think he's ok to pick as long as there is either something else carry-ish on the team. And maybe if there aren't a lot of counters around.

Anything with any kind of disable works.

There might be, dunno. Often times you'll need to micro it to do something different to prevent it from being killed

What's going to hurt you more than anything else is heroes with summons. I wouldn't pick jugg if there was a Furion, enchantress, chen, maybe visage, etc on the other end, kills your bounces. You're right in big right clickers mess him up, but they mess everyone up. Just another example of jugg not being a real carry.

As I've said not very effective as a solo carry unless you run a big timing push early with healing ward and 4 other pushers. He drops off and can't toe to toe anything late game without omni, and even then it can get dicey against tanky heroes. Also be aware of ghost scepter, euls, blinks, force staves, etc, they can all compromise your ulti.

I almost exclusively play him mid and gank a lot, any time I don't is not by choice. If you get boxed in to the 1 role you may not want to waste too much time roaming, but he's a hero meant to fight, not farm.

Probably not, you need spin points to have some teeth.

It's a magic immunity, so anything magic gets disjointed.

Ideally squishy heroes without summons.

You've got to get ahead with jugg early if you want to be a right click threat, he can't really stand on even ground with anyone. That's why I feel ags is the safer/better way to go, it allows you to wreck on people with your ultimate more efficiently and more often, and gives you some stats you really need. Remember, ags no only increases base jumps and decreases CD, but also increases the amount of bonus jumps you get from attack speed, so it's a scaling item as well. With level 1 omni don't even bother casting it on 2 full hp heroes, needs to be someone alone, but with level 3 and ags you can do a significant amount of damage to an entire team with a little bit of farm.
What a Juggernaut nerd

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The best way to manage Juggernaut's Ward is to bind it to one of the numbers. Since I use 3 for Select Hero, I usually use 2 for single summons like the Ward, Tusk's Sigil or Spirit Bear. The moment you cast it, hit 2 and select Jugg and it'll follow along.

It works especially well in DOTA2 because the game "remembers" your binds for any non-neutral creep, since the game draws from the same pool of units for every summon.

BraXzy

The symbol for my Dota program has changed to the blank box thing windows gives stuff when it doesn't know what it is. How do I make it go back to normal :'(

eK8Sjtu.png

ViviOggi

The symbol for my Dota program has changed to the blank box thing windows gives stuff when it doesn't know what it is. How do I make it go back to normal :'(

eK8Sjtu.png
Funnily enough, I broke off yesterday and completed Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. Today I've started Mark of the Ninja, which is refreshing and awesome to play. I do feel the call of the ancients though.
You almost lasted two days!

About your issue, I usually get that when I tab around during the loading screen. Restarting the game should fix it.

inkls

Yeah I usually have a magic wand by that time too since for whatever reason I end up in the lane with the opponents that really want to harass me.

What about deso? Thinking about it, the minus armor seems good, would be nice if its effect is applied by blade fury and omnislash.

I rarely play 1, just wanted to be sure.

Oh I know that, Its just useful if it autoselect you, its less of a hassle if you're in the middle of something like running away.

I'm guessing if you open with blade fury you should be able to clear most of what could be problematic unless its furion's treants.

Yeah, I usually only cast omni between lvl 6-10 if the hero is very low hp and I can't close the distance fast enough or its on a squishy support I know I can just kill with one ult (this is rare though)

Thanks for the tips

Deso is good on jugg but its secondary to aghs. It will give you more right click for sure but my take on jugger is he gets way more value out of the mana and health from aghs, early game he is much more reliant on spells than most agility heroes and his health is pretty low.

Mohasus

What about deso? Thinking about it, the minus armor seems good, would be nice if its effect is applied by blade fury and omnislash.

It is, but the attacks during bladefury only do damage if the target is magic immune (the orb effect is applied regardless).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom