• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
What about deso? Thinking about it, the minus armor seems good, would be nice if its effect is applied by blade fury and omnislash.

It can work but it's very glass cannon, use with caution.

I'm guessing if you open with blade fury you should be able to clear most of what could be problematic unless its furion's treants.

I wouldn't count on that, especially in team fights. Can't afford to be spinning on creeps, your team/you will die while you're busy not using that ultimate. Better to use it sooner rather than later in most cases.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Spin is really bad DPS late game. And you risk getting blown the fuck up.

It's for dodging stuns and GTFO when everyone's all farmed up.

SamVimes

I know that feel. When you have to decide between winning a game and walking away because some teammates simply don't deserve to win because of bad behavior.

I mean these guys were flaming in chat (normal and voice) since the draft, one of them fucks up the lanes by going as Clock safelane against Lich while we wanted our trilane there. At a certain point they both come mid, the Gyro to take last hits (at 4 minutes into the game and failing at that) and the clock just flat out kills me on purpose cogging me out of a safe place and i was the only one doing decently. At a certain point i just muted both of them, focused on my own game and carried the shit out of those assholes.

How I build Legion Commander (70%+ win rate).

Skill Build:

Code:
Level:     1     2     3     4     5     6     7     8     9     10     11     12     13     14     15     16
Ability:   3     1     3     1     2     4     3     1     3      2      2      2      s      s      s      4

Items:

Starting:

Stout Shield, Tango, Salve, 2 Branches

Early Game:

Brown Boots > Treads, Armlet, Magic Wand

Hyper Stone

Late Game/Luxury:

Assualt Cuirass, BKB/Blink Dagger/Shadow Blade (I prefer Blink, always), Desolator, Satanic, Rapier.

As soon as you hit 6, DUEL! You need a good partner, but try to catch someone off guard/smoke up and attack. Good set up heroes are those who offer a long stun and good nuke damage. Lina, Lion etc. Farm heroes, farm camps, clear waves with 1/Q and to chase, ball out of control.

Quesa

I mean these guys were flaming in chat (normal and voice) since the draft, one of them fucks up the lanes by going as Clock safelane against Lich while we wanted our trilane there. At a certain point they both come mid, the Gyro to take last hits (at 4 minutes into the game and failing at that) and the clock just flat out kills me on purpose cogging me out of a safe place and i was the only one doing decently. At a certain point i just muted both of them, focused on my own game and carried the shit out of those assholes.

Had the opposite of that, where we were getting crushed and I didn't mind since two of my teammates were total pink socks and I got a commend from the enemy weaver for bantering with them as they wrecked our case.

In better news, I just got $40 in Steam fun bucks, so I'm ready for the update.

Übermatik;97834574 said:
How I build Legion Commander (70%+ win rate).

Skill Build:

Code:
Level:     1     2     3     4     5     6     7     8     9     10     11     12     13     14     15     16
Ability:   3     1     3     1     2     4     3     1     3      2      2      2      s      s      s      4

Items:

Starting:

Stout Shield, Tango, Salve, 2 Branches

Early Game:

Brown Boots > Treads, Armlet, Magic Wand

Hyper Stone

Late Game/Luxury:

Assualt Cuirass, BKB/Blink Dagger/Shadow Blade (I prefer Blink, always), Desolator, Satanic, Rapier.

As soon as you hit 6, DUEL! You need a good partner, but try to catch someone off guard/smoke up and attack. Good set up heroes are those who offer a long stun and good nuke damage. Lina, Lion etc. Farm heroes, farm camps, clear waves with 1/Q and to chase, ball out of control.

Is this for jungle or lane?

So after not playing Dota 2 for an entire year, I've been fairly addicted for the past month. I've discovered that I enjoy the game much better when I'm NOT playing with friends. Because the people I used to play with would invariably rage at each other, try to micromanage each other, and then generally hate each other. I don't have to worry about that when I solo queue.

Also, Keeper of the Light is fun. After getting pwned by him a few times, decided to give him a shot for a few games. (It's always frightening when you hear that Illuminate charging up on the other side of the trees and have no idea which way to run.) Plus, endless mana for you and your teammates.

manfestival

So after not playing Dota 2 for an entire year, I've been fairly addicted for the past month. I've discovered that I enjoy the game much better when I'm NOT playing with friends. Because the people I used to play with would invariably rage at each other, try to micromanage each other, and then generally hate each other. I don't have to worry about that when I solo queue.

You need the right friends. Just not a person like myself or my friends, since I don't like playing with any of them (except for cuevas) and myself.

Randdalf

I'm the complete opposite, barely play any games without friends. We had a hilarious game last night involving the global ultimate strat, a feeding Treant on our team and a mad PA. Those sorts of games just aren't possible on your own.

I'm not knowledgeable in Chinese mythology but I'd love this for Troll Warlord;

ChineseHelmet.jpg

Chris R

POTM + SB when you are the only really carry on a team sucks so much. Team bitching at me to stop feeding, when I'm getting ganked at every turn. Arrow + Charge on Razor melts you so fucking quick with you unable to do anything :(

Is this for jungle or lane?

jungle builds don't go heavy on Q. They are all about W and E. So definitely lane.

Also, I would think his prioritization on E means he's not been getting harassed heavily in lane. Or maybe the threat of the high-leveled Q + the gap closing speed that Q offers actively discourages that harassment? I'd think when under harassment, leveling up W faster makes more sense since the regen on it is fantastic. It can keep you in a lane and farming better than damn near any other ability in the game for a melee hero. But every lane is different, so ymmv.

ReRixo

Banned
I hate my mmr. I keep losing games because my team sucks (I know, everyone says that), but I have been getting lots of commends from these games, so I guess whatever-is-below-trench-tier has its benefits. Too bad commends don't count for anything. Think I have to ditch my main account, which sucks. Only way out of these games is to suddenly have skill of 5k mmr player, which I'm never going to get close to because I can't improve playing with the players I'm matched with.

Kard8p3

I hate my mmr. I keep losing games because my team sucks (I know, everyone says that), but I have been getting lots of commends from these games, so I guess whatever-is-below-trench-tier has its benefits. Too bad commends don't count for anything. Think I have to ditch my main account, which sucks. Only way out of these games is to suddenly have skill of 5k mmr player, which I'm never going to get close to because I can't improve playing with the players I'm matched with.

Gotta drag yourself out of the trench.

I'm doing that now.

Worst comes to worst you can AP it up as LC or ES and drag your idiot teammates across the finish line.

G.ZZZ

You like getting carried by my drafts? I outpick our enemies so much we win even with intentional feeders #toogood #bestdrafter2014 #roadtoTI4bestcaptainnotplayer #S4ucancallmewheneveruwantforlessons #treantstillbroken #over7kMMRez

http://dotabuff.com/matches/477081613

Hey guys, who are all the other good solo offlaners, besides Clock, BH, WW, and Timber?

Bristle (the best 4lyfe), clinkz, mirana, dark seer (still really good), lone druid, windrunner are all relatively common. You can also throw some solo mid heroes in their if they don't rely on runes too much like qop.

Edit: Forgot about nyx and nature's prophet. Be careful with NP if they start pulling it helps a lot to know some basic timings so you can block the camp.

You just have to remember what you're trying to get out of it. You want to put a someone who wants levels early and relies little on money as you will probably get xp but few last hits (not always true, depends on the hero). You might want an escape to make sure you don't just feed them. Don't just learn off lists, understand what it provides you and who fits those criteria and how.

G.ZZZ

Hey guys, who are all the other good solo offlaners, besides Clock, BH, WW, and Timber?

Treant (you may have to take invi but he's retarded seriously, a gondar that can reverse fights everywhere on the map gg) , Jugg (hit fast lvl6, avoid death by spin, go gank with 700 nuke + ult), BM (hawk + boar to avoid getting jumped and take aggro from creeps), Omni (only against non-instant stuns lane), Mirana, WR, ET, Magnus (not against Rubick and slark), Slark, DS, Lich (not against tris that can push a lot), Enigma, Furion, SK (he's amazing in low tier games), BB, Brood, Nyx (you have to abuse his regen + max E), Clinkz, Weaver.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I played Bristleback for the first time today and got 13/1/16

Really fun hero and really strong if the enemy is stupid enough to focus you in a teamfight. I gather once you get higher up in the ladder people won't be dumb enough to do that.

I played Bristleback for the first time today and got 13/1/16

Really fun hero and really strong if the enemy is stupid enough to focus you in a teamfight. I gather once you get higher up in the ladder people won't be dumb enough to do that.

Yeah, I've played against a lot of people that don't seem to understand his reduced damage from behind mechanic...I've had so many times where their entire team was basically just hitting my back as I run away. Only to have a few of them die due to quill shots.

Not anything that skilled players would do, but fun regardless.

Artanisix

My favorite offlaner right now is Venomancer. Obnoxious to kill, even if you're 1v3, as wards and passive make him hell to walk up to. Fast Aghs and veil is very strong. Best used in some sort of pushing team.

Demoli

Bristle (the best 4lyfe), clinkz, mirana, dark seer (still really good), lone druid, windrunner are all relatively common. You can also throw some solo mid heroes in their if they don't rely on runes too much like qop.

You simply cannot Sylla offlane anymore, the bear is too vauable of a kill to chance it.

I'm really enjoying Undying offlane atm, really good hero.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My favorite offlaner right now is Venomancer. Obnoxious to kill, even if you're 1v3, as wards and passive make him hell to walk up to. Fast Aghs and veil is very strong. Best used in some sort of pushing team.

I haven't played Veno as an offlanner in a long time, the big reason I would do it in solo was that I had a felling someone would jungle but they weren't saying anything, so I picked a hero who could ether baby sit them or bite the solo lane bullet and not get destroyed. People tend to at least call things now, and there are a lot more solo heroes available.

Dark Seer, Tide, Beastmaster, Windrunner, Slark(?).

Slark's not bad at offlane, even solo, provided you're on point with the Dark Pact. Hopefully you're not laning against multiple disables or they don't time the disables to counter Dark Pact.

You won't get much farm but if you're solo offlane, that's not the point. You'll get a fast six and then you'll be harder to chase out of lane and pin down. Especially now that his ult is the way it is and Dust and Sentries no longer impact you.

You'll definitely have to go more utility build early, like Poorman's Shield, Treads and Drums but it's feasible.

I think I've realized that trying to outfarm the other team when my team is behind is a bad idea. People in pubs will continue to rush into fights they can't win, so no matter how good I am at farming, I'm still farming creeps while their team is farming heroes.

sixghost

After seeing the lack of love for Brew, I think I might start learning him. Any hot tipz from the proz?

Familiarize yourself with all the abilities the three pandas have in his ult. It's easy to spot a shitty brew because they do nothing but use the earth panda's stun and the storm panda's cyclone. E on the storm panda gives you 100 extra damage on a 7 second cooldown and makes him move really quickly. Using that ability two or three times during an ult can be the difference between letting someone get away or not. The earth panda's stun and the storm's E are both on 7 second cooldowns and there's almost no reason to not use both the instant they are off cooldown, so get in the habit of using both immediately, one after another. You can use each of those abilities 3 times if you're quick. The only other active is the storm panda's Q, which is a purge. If you've got nothing else to do, just throw it on an enemy. You can purge runes and other buffs, but I barely ever use it. Maybe this makes me a bad brew player.

It gets a lot harder to use every ability on cooldown once you have aghs, so feel free to skip it for something like an AC, vlads, or heart once you get mana boots and blink. It's really damn strong if you are able to use the additional two abilities well, but it's pretty overwhelming at first.

Another things, the primary spirit in his ult goes Earth->Storm->Fire. The primary spirit carries any aura that Brew has, which is why he's a good guy to carry a vlads or AC, and brew will reappear wherever the primary spirit is after the ult ends. So if they start focusing your spirits, use the E on the storm panda and get the fuck out. You can take advantage of this to dive enemies as well. For instance, if an enemy is low, but running behind a tower, just send the earth spirit someplace safe while chasing them down with the fire and storm panda.

Internets

Familiarize yourself with all the abilities the three pandas have in his ult. It's easy to spot a shitty brew because they do nothing but use the earth panda's stun and the storm panda's cyclone. E on the storm panda gives you 100 extra damage on a 7 second cooldown and makes him move really quickly. Using that ability two or three times during an ult can be the difference between letting someone get away or not. The earth panda's stun and the storm's E are both on 7 second cooldowns and there's almost no reason to not use both the instant they are off cooldown, so get in the habit of using both immediately, one after another. You can use each of those abilities 3 times if you're quick. The only other active is the storm panda's Q, which is a purge. If you've got nothing else to do, just throw it on an enemy. You can purge runes and other buffs, but I barely ever use it. Maybe this makes me a bad brew player.

It gets a lot harder to use every ability on cooldown once you have aghs, so feel free to skip it for something like an AC, vlads, or heart once you get mana boots and blink. It's really damn strong if you are able to use the additional two abilities well, but it's pretty overwhelming at first.

If you have a cycloned enemy, and he's the only one left alive, you can use Storm panda's dispel (Q?) to prematurely end the cyclone, so you don't have to sit there and wait for the enemy's reinforcements.

You simply cannot Sylla offlane anymore, the bear is too vauable of a kill to chance it.

I'm really enjoying Undying offlane atm, really good hero.

I think I'll try out Bristleback, thanks for the suggestions. Also, offlane Undying sounds interesting, is it that effective/overlooked?

I think I'll try out Bristleback, thanks for the suggestions. Also, offlane Undying sounds interesting, is it that effective/overlooked?

Undying's got decent early counterpush with Tombstone. So he can hold tower solo for a while. The problem is if they dive and you don't have a Tombstone or there's a teamifght and you don't have it. You have two decent range nukes for harassing the other heroes.

Honestly it kind of sucks, I offlane a lot and I've had to solo offlane as Undying, not by choice, and not my first choice when there's so many other heroes who are better at that position.

Quesa

Another things, the primary spirit in his ult goes Earth->Storm->Fire. The primary spirit carries any aura that Brew has, which is why he's a good guy to carry a vlads or AC, and brew will reappear wherever the primary spirit is after the ult ends. So if they start focusing your spirits, use the E on the storm panda and get the fuck out. You can take advantage of this to dive enemies as well. For instance, if an enemy is low, but running behind a tower, just send the earth spirit someplace safe while chasing them down with the fire and storm panda.

where should I lane him? Most people go with mid but is he any good in the offlane/safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom