• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixghost

where should I lane him? Most people go with mid but is he any good in the offlane/safe?

I think he's pretty good mid except vs a few of the really annoying mids like qop or OD. He is really, really, tanky if you put a point into stats at 2, and maybe even 4. He's not a great in the offlane but you can get away with it if you aren't facing a really strong trilane. He was even used as the safelane farmer in a bunch of TI2 matches.

Quesa

I think he's pretty good mid except vs a few of the really annoying mids like qop or OD. He is really, really, tanky if you put a point into stats at 2, and maybe even 4. He's not a great in the offlane but you can get away with it if you aren't facing a really strong trilane. He was even used as the safelane farmer in a bunch of TI2 matches.

So I should max q and maybe stats?

IceMarker

Hey guys what's that one song that suddenly comes on your music player of choice in the middle of a game that immediately puts you in the zone?

Hey guys what's that one song that suddenly comes on your music player of choice in the middle of a game that immediately puts you in the zone?

I usually reach for one of these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTEfInwgxVs - ...some Fiddy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvCDhmzvZRI - ...some Man of Steel

https://soundcloud.com/topdawgent/kendrick-lamar-the-jig-is-up - ...some Kendrick

or

http://grooveshark.com/#!/search/song?q=Macross+Plus+MYUNG+Theme+(Cello+Version) - ...or some sober Macross cello action. For when I feel sad about what I'm doing to them.

Nope, and he blamed the game on me and called me terrible.

the tunnel vision you can get never ceases to amaze me. With some heroes, people just straight up *forget* to farm. No, Pudge, 38cs in 50 minutes wasn't enough. You were 100cs behind any support. One hundred.

Seems to happen a lot to (a) Riki players, (b) BH players, (c) Pudge players.

IceMarker

Song name?
ms1LrhW.png

Is it Atlus Plug - Truth Be Known?

sixghost

So I should max q and maybe stats?

I really have no idea. Unfortunately there are so few pro games with Brew that you can't just copy their builds. Q should always be maxed first, it's too good of a skill not to. Stats at 2/4 help in lane. Even 1 point in drunken haze helps against pure right clickers like sniper or drow, and drunken brawler makes you even tankier.

For what it's worth, I usually max q, stats at 2/4, max e, then w. It probably doesn't make sense to not have at least 1 point in W though. 1 point of e and w at 2/4 might be way better.

Pratfall

Venge is a fun hero. What sort of buffs do you think she needs to be professional dota viable? Is it just a result of the meta? I was thinking it would be nice if she had slightly longer attack range.

ElyrionX

Venge is a fun hero. What sort of buffs do you think she needs to be professional dota viable? Is it just a result of the meta? I was thinking it would be nice if she had slightly longer attack range.

Isn't she already in the meta? Not top tier for sure but definitely still relevant.

Pratfall

It's just the meta, imo. I think she's really strong as it is.

Is it just a lack of strong counter push? I would think an early point or two in aura would help the early deathball pushes a lot. An extra 20% damage is nothing to scoff at.

Edit: Oh, is she? I watch quite a bit and haven't really seen her since 6.79. But I don't watch everything so I could be mistaken.

Isn't she already in the meta? Not top tier for sure but definitely still relevant.

Eh, very she's rarely picked. Like pre-patch CM. You might see here eeeeevery once in awhile, but the current support meta is:

CM
Visage
Veno
Nyx
Wisp
Bane
Alch (if you want to count him)
Io

With occasional picks of

Lich
SD
Lesh
Disruptah

The rest are very rare picks these days.

Kard8p3

Eh, very she's rarely picked. Like pre-patch CM. You might see here eeeeevery once in awhile, but the current support meta is:

CM
Visage
Veno
Nyx
Wisp
Bane
Io

With occasional picks of

Lich
SD
Lesh
Disruptah

That feel when Chen isn't picked much anymore :(

Pratfall

CM
Visage
Veno
Nyx
Wisp
Bane
Io

With occasional picks of

Lich
SD
Lesh
Disruptah

Enchantress too I think. But maybe that's just Puppey.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Enchantress is super popular, yeah.

I also think Venge is perfectly fine. Good stat gain and a strong skill set. Just trends keeping her out right now, but she'll be back.

IceMarker

Venge is a fun hero. What sort of buffs do you think she needs to be professional dota viable?
Off the top of my dome... hmm...

Q) Perfect as is.

W) Gives basic vision of targets similar to old Shadow Poison. Everything else stays the same.

E) Combine Luna and Drow damage auras, a flat and percentage-based damage bonus. Ex: 5+10%/10+15%/15+20%/20+25%

R) Swapping makes her invulnerable to damage for 1/1.5/2 second(s).

I know I'm crazy.

Enchantress too I think. But maybe that's just Puppey.

yea we do see Enchant occasionally. Though I consider her a jungler and as such didn't include her she's firmly a 4/5 position hero so I should have added her. And I forgot Chen. He's still picked from time to time.

Enchantress is super popular, yeah.

"super" popular she is not. Visage is "super popular". Enchant is an occasional pick at best. That's not to say she's not all that viable; she's just not one of the really popular support picks right now.

Holy fuck what do you do against a Huskar backed up by an Omni? He's untouchable

kill omni. kite when GA is cast. usually means force staffs, ghost scepters, and sheep sticks.

We tried, but their positioning was too good. To get to Omni you had to go through the gauntlet of all of them, including a Magic Immune Huskar

how much physical damage dealers did your team have?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
kill omni. kite when GA is cast. usually means force staffs, ghost scepters, and sheep sticks.

how much physical damage dealers did your team have?

A Spirit Breaker and an OD. The Spirit Breaker was an idiot who kept charging into like four of them and the OD...well...doesn't technically do physical damage

ElyrionX

CM
Visage
Veno
Nyx
Wisp
Bane
Io

With occasional picks of

Lich
SD
Lesh
Disruptah

According to datdota, she's picked more than Lesh and Disruptor.

How does support Lesh work anyway?

According to datdota, she's picked more than Lesh and Disruptor.
Word. I have lesh and disruptor as pretty occasional picks, and yea I would have guessed she's be picked ever so slightly more than lesh. I've only seen disruptor and lesh maybe twice in the last 2 months. I've seen Enchant at least a few times. Still, nowhere near the level of those popular picks right now.

How does support Lesh work anyway?
push towers with the W, hit those stuns.

carry maiden best maiden.

Satch

Banned
OMFG HOW DO I MAKE VIDEOS OF GAMES THAT IM SPECTATING

MY FRIENDS WERE IN A MATCH AND OMFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FUCKING DOTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG HOW DO I MAKE VIDEOS OF GAMES THAT IM SPECTATING

MY FRIENDS WERE IN A MATCH AND OMFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FUCKING DOTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

don't stress out. you can download the replay of their match and make the video at your leisure.

To download the match, open the score screen from their match history after the match ends (usually takes about 5 minutes after the match ends before the replay is available) and grab it. Then just load up the replay and go to the part you want to record.

Making videos is just a matter of what screen capturing software you want to use. You can use FRAPS (or something similar to it), then convert the save file to something like an avi or mp4 with Handbrake so you can upload it to Youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom