• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
My MMR got recently calibrated and its a "whooping" 1.2k, does that mean that I suck hardcore?
Depends how new you are really. FWIW it's the lowest MMR I've ever heard of anyone having :D
Wins should boost you up pretty quickly I think, curious how much MMR you'd gain.
Learn mid and carry quick :p

One thing you can do to help keep track and share matches is enable Share Match History: http://dotabuff.com/pages/enabling-statistics
Example

I'd read some basic guides and play All Random or do the A-Z challenge and just have fun with the heroes.
It's a little on the low side but at least you have something you can aim at improving now.

Also it's sometimes easy to forget that there are actually a lot of players spread across the lower thousands where as the upper rankings have a much smaller percentile.
wow 2 nice

ElyrionX

My MMR got recently calibrated and its a "whooping" 1.2k, does that mean that I suck hardcore?

Haha, that is the trenchiest of the trench tier MMRs that I have ever seen.

Sorry, no sugarcoating of words from me.

Good news is, there has to be something that you are doing fundamentally wrong to have that kind of MMR. For example, are you using keyboard shortcuts to play or just using mouse only? Is your framerate at least 30fps? Is your internet connection stable?

Raytow

Depends how new you are really. FWIW it's the lowest MMR I've ever heard of anyone having :D
Wins should boost you up pretty quickly I think, curious how much MMR you'd gain.
Learn mid and carry quick :p
Wow, thanks everyone, I only have 81 matches played
http://dotabuff.com/players/33236651
I usually play support, should I dedicate to other roles?
Framerate is peachy, no lag whatsoever or disconnect, yes using keyboard, usually put the most important items to Z X C as they are easier to reach, I was using a G13 but found old regular keyboard more appealing should I go back to the G13?

Hylian7

This is only an anticipation of what will happen after 6.80 ES nerf. Thousands of tears will be spilled, many free wins for me.

It will make you get paired with trench teammates for no reason many games in a row? I fail to see how that relates to Earth Spirit.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Support is great for learning, but to get to a higher level it's faster to play high impact heroes. Up to you and how you want to play.
I mean there's probably some merit to a CM who goes ShadowBlade, Refresher, Vit Booster and your Invoker picking up a Mjollnir, Blademail, and no BKB. Somewhere...

Oh man these items choices are too fucking good. Sniper go home you're drunk. No BKBs vs OD refresher Aghs and Lina.
OzNmgje.png

ElyrionX

Framerate is peachy, no lag whatsoever or disconnect, yes using keyboard, usually put the most important items to Z X C as they are easier to reach, I was using a G13 but found old regular keyboard more appealing should I go back to the G13?

You have a 55% winrate. That is very impressive. Are you sure your MMR is 1200?

Hylian7

Support is great for learning, but to get to a higher level it's faster to play high impact heroes. Up to you and how you want to play.
I mean there's probably some merit to a CM who goes ShadowBlade, Refresher, Vit Booster and your Invoker picking up a Mjollnir, Blademail, and no BKB. Somewhere...

Oh man these items choices are too fucking good. Sniper go home you're drunk. No BKBs vs OD refresher Aghs and Lina.
OzNmgje.png

Bloodstone Sniper.......

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
1238 when playing solo it says, what are the benefits of higher MMR and commends? every keeps asking for one at the end of a match.
Commends I dunno. Flair only I think, but I do feel like I get considerably less bad apples than others and I got an okay amount of friendlies.

1238 really doesn't seem right, what MMR did you gain from any wins or losses after your placements? +25? +50? What was your placement record? 5-5? 6-4?

Someone posted before on reddit I think that it influencing your ratings may have to deal with how well you do vs others on that hero and it's possible your first placements where you died 18 and 24 times realllllly stretched the uncertainty out a lot?
Who knows. Either way play to have fun and learn for now!

Having bad ES games in placement probably didn't help if the above has any influence, sorry.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
1238 when playing solo it says, what are the benefits of higher MMR and commends? every keeps asking for one at the end of a match.

High MMR, puts you in sorts of better games with either
.against better opponents
.with better team mates

Commends are just numbers, your badge value or standing in the community.

Oh so commends are kinda useless seems kinda silly to beg for them then.

It does serve a purpose; you can see if the community adores a player (who has high commendations), but the system breaks if people insist that others commend them after a match (repeatedly).

I give out commends as deserved, not when asked.

Raytow

+25 tops lower +18, have no idea what placement records are.
Oh so commends are kinda useless seems kinda silly to beg for them then.

Hylian7

High MMR, puts you in sorts of better games with either
.against better opponents
.with better team mates

Commends are just numbers, your badge value or standing in the community.

It does serve a purpose; you can see if the community adores a player (who has high commendations), but the system breaks if people insist that others commend them after a match (repeatedly).

I give out commends as deserved, not when asked.

You have a limited number of commends like reports anyway.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Both of my 2 games today were sullied by a Russian that fed early and abandoned. We came back and managed to win the first of them tho, thanks partly to the Russian PotM that had a real good game despite a slow start.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/486361532

Had a lot of fun with this game. We were down to a single melee rax when we did our final push and the PotM got the kill shot on their throne after me and Doom died and it would have been GG with no buybacks. Russian stereotype confirmed and shattered in the span of a single game.

ViviOggi

Wasn't 150 games the estimate you'd need to get to level 13, which you need for playing ranked, or did I get that wrong. Maybe he bought BP boosters which in turn increased uncertainty?

Raytow

Wasn't 150 games the estimate you'd need to get to level 13, which you need for playing ranked, or did I get that wrong. Maybe he bought BP boosters which in turn increased uncertainty?
Oh I did, two 400% and two 80%, as soon as rewards were spaced between 5 levels I stopped buying, always felt giddy when opening one of those dota lunchboxes.

Razzer

Dendi talks sometimes, but it's an actual decision with him. He'll say I'm gonna talk in this game and explain what I'm doing. That's for English anyway. He'll chat in Ukrainian as mentioned.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Dendi talks sometimes, but it's an actual decision with him. He'll say I'm gonna talk in this game and explain what I'm doing. That's for English anyway. He'll chat in Ukrainian as mentioned.

Yeah, you guys have fun with that. Meanwhile N0tail is streaming. That man is a prize to the Dota community and esports in general with as hilarious as his streams are. :D

dear valve

are there so few people queueing for CM that matchmaking is forced to put me with people who are, seriously, 1200 mmr less than me in matchmaking. it's honestly not fun when i'm in 5300-average 2-stack and the pubs on my team are all reliably 4100~ish (mmr obtained by asking my captain / team what their mmr is without judgement). while i do not judge others by their mmr to the extreme of others, a gap of 1200 is pretty significant, and when i pub i'd like the pubs to be a little closer to my mmr.

thanks
milk

don't worry the other team had the same average mmr as yours

inkls

Its really weird, people keep saying to not go AP for ranked, but 3 of my for soloqueue games were in cm, cd and those 3 games were amongst my worse. Captains take too long to pick in cd and last pick is always randomned so I've had one game no mid, one game 3 support and one game as Axe after I repeated to the captain numerous times I was horrible with.

(still not finished my placement matches, 1 to go in team and 6 in soloqueue).

So I went in AP and no surprise we take all carries (just means no support, I don't think DP is a carry right?). There seems to be some misconceptions about all carries team, that you can't win with one. This is so far from the truth, just means you're going to have a hard time in the early game. I can't count the times when I though "easy win" against an all carries team only to have a lane with a clear advantage against them feed them and turn the game around in their favor.

I think it was in a guide on the 1-5 system that said that usually you might only need 1 carry on your team and that if the other team has more carries, you should be focusing on ending the game as fast as possible since they'll win the late-game.

So yeah, should I just play ranked in AP until I get to an mmr where people know how to draft? My current pc isn't fast enough to let me be captain most of the time (until I get the parts for my new one in the mail) and I don't enjoy the role either.

Raytow

So yeah, should I just play ranked in AP until I get to an mmr where people know how to draft? My current pc isn't fast enough to let me be captain most of the time (until I get the parts for my new one in the mail) and I don't enjoy the role either.
Being a capt. sucks I had a one guy asking me for Bristleback, gets banned proceeds to leave because of this, then nearly the whole team disconnects as well, 2 vs 5 ain't fun at all.

Randdalf

Being a capt. sucks I had a one guy asking me for Bristleback, gets banned proceeds to leave because of this, then nearly the whole team disconnects as well, 2 vs 5 ain't fun at all.

I love trolling people like that, anybody who asks for a specific hero just because they want it, that hero gets banned. It's not bloody all pick, so stop treating it like it is.

M.D

It has to be me, right?

Razor player didn't pick at all and was AFK, we pause and the other team unpauses.. he finally picks Razor and comes to my lane

Storm Spirit manages to lose his lane to Pudge and feeds the entire game (My internet lagsssss)

Then Chen from the other team disconnects as well, we wait for most of it although ES unpauses once
Then Razor from our team disconnects again and they unpause again, no fucking shame.

ES and Abaddon who were together decide to leave, a minute later Razor reconnects.

I'm honestly just trying to figure out, how am I supposed to get better and get to play with better players if I always get into these types of games and play with these type of people. I know, team up with better players, but that doesn't address the issue when solo queuing

How am I supposed to win if in 99% of my games I need to tell every player on the team that they should always carry a TP, or I need I end up being a solo support, or a player that picks a support hero doesn't support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom