• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It has to be me, right?

Razor player didn't pick at all and was AFK, we pause and the other team unpauses.. he finally picks Razor and comes to my lane

Storm Spirit manages to lose his lane to Pudge and feeds the entire game (My internet lagsssss)

Then Chen from the other team disconnects as well, we wait for most of it although ES unpauses once
Then Razor from our team disconnects again and they unpause again, no fucking shame.

ES and Abaddon who were together decide to leave, a minute later Razor reconnects.

I'm honestly just trying to figure out, how am I supposed to get better and get to play with better players if I always get into these types of games and play with these type of people. I know, team up with better players, but that doesn't address the issue when solo queuing

How am I supposed to win if in 99% of my games I need to tell every player on the team that they should always carry a TP, or I need I end up being a solo support, or a player that picks a support hero doesn't support?

Some games you will end up with a bad team, but overall that doesn't mean you can't try and minimize your own mistakes and play off the enemies issues. If your team mates are never carrying TP scrolls, is the enemy then you can easy check and abuse the fact their not? What about for wards? If you are a support, have you tried starting the game with smoke and ganking mid early on? Are countering the other teams Wards? What is your mindset with picking, or you going in gun ho playing a character you want, waiting to see what synergies with the team, randoming?

ReRixo

Banned
How am I supposed to win if in 99% of my games I need to tell every player on the team that they should always carry a TP, or I need I end up being a solo support, or a player that picks a support hero doesn't support?

lol you are me

Artanisix

Stealth "get on my level pub trash" post.

Honestly if I partied with them out of my own free will I wouldn't care (I have played with plenty of other gaffers before, some being very very new.
like you
). The fact that I'm placed with people 1200 mmr below me when I'm matchmaking is a little disconcerting however. Even if they were 4400 instead of 4100 that would be significantly better!

Probably doesn't help that I mostly only queue US West for dat ping comfort but still. Suckssss man.

G.ZZZ

Honestly if I partied with them out of my own free will I wouldn't care (I have played with plenty of other gaffers before, some being very very new.
like you
). The fact that I'm placed with people 1200 mmr below me when I'm matchmaking is a little disconcerting however. Even if they were 4400 instead of 4100 that would be significantly better!

Probably doesn't help that I mostly only queue US West for dat ping comfort but still. Suckssss man.

You just dodging me ez.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Eh, I think us west has more players at night anyway, when ever I queue for both I almost always end up on west.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I just put another $100 in my Steam wallet and I can not WAIT to spend it. Volvo giff hats!

rugioh

Banned
Some games you will end up with a bad team, but overall that doesn't mean you can't try and minimize your own mistakes and play off the enemies issues.

This should be put in the OP. I get that its cathartic to complain about bad games but these things happen.

EDIT: If you don't stack that is

manfestival

cuevas is obsessed with trilane
also obsessed with bane, alchemist, and lion
WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME CUEVAS?!

also what are good heroes for aggressive playstyles?
melee, tanky preferred please

SamVimes

cuevas is obsessed with trilane
also obsessed with bane, alchemist, and lion
WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME CUEVAS?!

Alchemist, Bristleback, Earth Spirit and Centaur. The first three are incredibly strong, Centaur is decent but not great.

Haunted

I feel we need some sort of GAF intervention for SteveWinwood when he comes back from his ban.

The man keeps queuing for All Random! Isn't there anyone who cares enough to steer him away from this path of self-destruction towards the light?

Undying is the #1 aggressive early game playmaker in Dota 2.

Also Axe in addition to the others mentioned above.

G.ZZZ

I feel we need some sort of GAF intervention for SteveWinwood when he comes back from his ban.

The man keeps queuing for All Random! Isn't there anyone who cares enough to steer him away from this path of self-destruction towards the light?

All random is a mode for real players, not pussies who permapick earth spirit or whatever the broken of the month is (incoming phoenix). Too bad it's not in ranked.

I think you have that backwards. Undying is the number 1 hero for punishing earlygame aggression because Tombstone requires the enemy to get in way over their heads with no easy escape.

Raytow

All random is kinda fucked, I prefer limited draft?(the one were the game present you 3 choices) you usually get 3 fairly different heroes if you don't want to carry/gank/support etc.
Also some questions:
-Is Night Stalker the coolest ganker? thematically and visually wise.
-What are good items for WR after finishing the force staff and phase boots, usually a mek or/and a pipe seems good for the support, but feels like I'm missing something.

xanavi

All random is the only mode for me. If you're not practicing a specific hero or looking to draft why would you play anything else?

Well, sure if you want to be a filthy earth-picker. I mean, 4100 ain't bad for hitting random first thing in every AP match.

Nymerio

I queue all random exclusively as well. It's the best mode. I just wish there was ranked all random.

JustinBB7

Merlini tweeted this but a surprise release of techies would be fun. Since a lot of the new game mode seems to be about fireworks/explosions.

I doubt it though. Since other heroes are hinted at way too badly. I doubt they will release 3 at once.

Merlini tweeted this but a surprise release of techies would be fun. Since a lot of the new game mode seems to be about fireworks/explosions.

I doubt it though. Since other heroes are hinted at way too badly. I doubt they will release 3 at once.

Please release 3 heroes based gaben

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Why even PLAY THE GAME if you're not going to TALK TO YOUR TEAM?

There needs to be a goddamn report option. You can't fucking co-ordinate with three deaf mutes

xanavi

Earth spirit isn't the only imbalanced hero available.

If you're picking to win and it's not earth I don't know what you're doin', you might as well random!

Also, every hero seems imbalanced in their own little ways, that's what makes the cohesive whole of dota so much fun and AR is perfect mode to showcase that.

Had my first game where someone just fucking threw it for no raisen. Our tiny tossed our almost dead Timbersaw at the other team, ran in and died, then DC'ed.

We had it won too. fuck you

Demoli

If you're picking to win and it's not earth I don't know what you're doin', you might as well random!

Also, every hero seems imbalanced in their own little ways, that's what makes the cohesive whole of dota so much fun and AR is perfect mode to showcase that.

Alch, Bristle and Timber are all much mor reliable pub stompers due to being able to use their kill advantage to snowball into a carry, unlike earth who makes space for his carry to farm safely.

Day 2 canceled, the Smeevils stole it. You must now recover the lost update by playing the Smeeviling.

Edit: Smeevilng Canceled by the only guy Anboker cares about.

Smeelviling cancelled by Diretide for some reason. All players must spend 10 dollars on dota 2 store to fill up a meter to unlock terrorblade

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't dig the armor looking thing.

It looks plain and uninspired.

Why even PLAY THE GAME if you're not going to TALK TO YOUR TEAM?

There needs to be a goddamn report option. You can't fucking co-ordinate with three deaf mutes

They should somehow disable mute for the first few minutes or until someone has said at least 3 lines or spoken. People probably just mute everyone and act like it's a bot game or something. I've had plenty of games in which others straight up refuse to answer me or anyone else.

It's bad that I suffer from anxiety but still manage to be the only one trying to talk and direct the team. Maybe a fucking talking tutorial would help, but the last hitting one sure as he'll didn't.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wait, Unstable Concoction got stronger while flying before?

Ice Vortex Buff, whoooo.

Multiple Bestmaster Pets!

Brood made less BS, I still think she is too weak.

Crystal Maiden has now lost a total of 5 base int from 6.79 to 6.80, from 21 to 16, for a loss of 65 mana. Ouch.

Ion Shell buff? Ok.

I hope to never see anther Dazzle skip his ult at 6.

Death Prophet basically buffed.

That new Drow Silence sound seriously good.

1000 Move Speed Void :eek:

Moment of Courage now works like Icefrog wanted it too.

Ey Oh Eee Finger of Death.

2 Meepos at level 3. The Death Reduction is also nice.

Sniper is up to 950 Range. One more patch until he hits the 1000 mark!

That Tinker Scepter sounds like it could be awesome.

Walrus Punch will now always hit like a truck.

No Mana cost blink is pretty damn nice.

Cheaper Branches are pretty nice.

You can now split up wards. A new age of supporting has begun.\

Targable Shadow Amulet and Bottle are just cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom