• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
This video I watched mentioned ion shell and sticky napalm.

Since Ion Shell procs ever 0.1 seconds, that's 130 damage from the combo with 1 point in each and 1 stack of napalm just for standing next to a person for 1 second.

With 4 stacks at Napalm level 4, you do 1090 damage a second.

They may wait to do the patch until the finals of CIS, which apparently happen in 9 minutes.

Or not and the finals are on 6.80 which would kind of be funny

Pretty rare for them to release major patches while tournaments are going on. I don't remember the last time they did that. Been a long, long time and probably one they won't repeat again.

Artanisix

They can't and shouldn't plan around every single tournament, because that's absurd.

However, they should reinstate the versioning they used to have so it wouldn't interrupt tournaments.

Fuck that, that delays the time it takes for the competitive scene to transition to the next patch. I'd rather they force their hands.

Was a big problem in dota 1 if anyone watched it competitively back then.

I mean we're talking like there are 8 tournaments playing matches today all overlapping.

There's one fucking tournament going on right now and it's their grand finals. Let it finish. Implement patch. Done. Don't make it more complicated than it needs to be.

Just got update required

yep updating.

ViviOggi

f5Zfloz.gif

Well looks like bounch can quit his day job, that ES set / 3 Spirit set is already a top seller...

GG Bounch, GG

I don't even know how to play 2/3 of the heroes in the bundle and was thinking of buying it and gifting out the Storm and Ember sets

The big bundle is also the only way to get the HUD and HUD Loading screen

Lotto

The problem with custom maps, as ever, is how to generate revenue from them for the map makers. This is a massive problem in TF2, maps take many many times the amount of work and time to create compared to hats, but map makers get a fraction of the money that item creators do (over time, maps added to the game get a flat sum and then have to live off generosity).

I don't think maps need to be monetized. DotA never saw a cent (afaik) until Valve picked it up. People with a passion for creating custom maps will create maps regardless. I think they could honestly go the route and have some sort of donation type funding like the map stamps in TF2. We'll see what they have in store though as it seems very likely they will monetize custom maps.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
If my WR isn't above 65% I might pass on ES set. gg

Time for Random Ability Draft and quad lanes vs Aftershock combos when I get home.

At class, how much is bounch's set?

8.99 a class + class loading screen, or 19.99 for all three bundles + special HUD + special HUD loading screen

Ember and Storm come with a kinetic gem for special remnant animations on one of the items (I can't tell from the bundle). Earth's comes with special remnants (Earth's are their own item)

The 19.99 bundle is the only way to get the HUD + HUD Loading Screen

Man, I haven't even paid any attention to the New Year themed mode. The Forstivus Swag King event was kind of entertaining but it got pretty old fast and none of the items felt worth grinding for or buying the favours for after all was said and done. The new bloom courier looks neat but I've got Shagbark (and many other, unimportant, couriers).

Mainly stoked to try the new heroes and RAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom